Grado Fan Club!
Jun 23, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #53,986 of 66,291
@mbwilson111 ... show us your gh1.
Very nice
You are forcing me to share this? OK but wish it was better. I have lazily been using my tablet lately to grab quick photos I just wanted to see how well the wood would match this stand that I have not been using.

20220623_171944.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #53,990 of 66,291
Dang guys. Had a ct scan on my stomach and the doctor just called me and told me I had a couple of kidney stones. Never passed kidney stones before. Wish me luck!
Good luck on a speedy recovery!

Jun 23, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #53,991 of 66,291
Thanks everyone!! Ordered the RS1x mind as well go big for my first open back headsets!
Let us know your listening impressions once they have broken in for 50-100 hours!

Jun 23, 2022 at 5:37 PM Post #53,993 of 66,291
Great choices: I’ll vouch for Hemp & RS1x. I don’t own / have not heard SR325x. With detail / soundstage as the main criteria, —> RS1x.
You have probably wrote about it before, but can I ask your take on the Hemp's VS the RS-1X's?

I am getting more time on my Hemps and they were used when I bought them, so they are fully broken in. My take so far, is that they are very similar to my GH2's, although the GH2's beat them in every category. But, not by a lot. I don't find that the Hemp's really do anything markedly different from the GH2's.
This is kind of why I held off for so long buying another Grado. I didn't want to have another headphone that was very close to the GH2's, sound wise. I knew/hoped they would share an overall similarity, particularly with the mids. But I hoped they would find a different way to get there, I guess.

Do you find a very noticeable difference between the Hemps and the RS-1x's? How about vs your GS3000e's?

I am currently sitting on nine sets of headphones, but they are all wildly different, so it works for me.
I own two HiFiman's, but you would wouldn't even guess they were from the same company.:ksc75smile:
I also have two Focals, but one is open and the other is closed.

Just curious on your thoughts as we seem to share many musical tastes.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #53,994 of 66,291
Well that was quick! ... still as the saying goes "go big or go home".
An appropriate version: ‘Grado or Gradon’t’ 🤣

Jun 23, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #53,995 of 66,291
You have probably wrote about it before, but can I ask your take on the Hemp's VS the RS-1X's?

I am getting more time on my Hemps and they were used when I bought them, so they are fully broken in. My take so far, is that they are very similar to my GH2's, although the GH2's beat them in every category. But, not by a lot. I don't find that the Hemp's really do anything markedly different from the GH2's.
This is kind of why I held off for so long buying another Grado. I didn't want to have another headphone that was very close to the GH2's, sound wise. I knew/hoped they would share an overall similarity, particularly with the mids. But I hoped they would find a different way to get there, I guess.

Do you find a very noticeable difference between the Hemps and the RS-1x's? How about vs your GS3000e's?

I am currently sitting on nine sets of headphones, but they are all wildly different, so it works for me.
I own two HiFiman's, but you would wouldn't even guess they were from the same company.:ksc75smile:

Always wanted to try a hifiman and a focal.

Jun 23, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #53,996 of 66,291

I got really into ultrasone 5-6 years ago. Worked my way up to the edition 8’s. If you could get past the potentially troublesome treble peaks with certain recordings.. they had an incredible right there performance.

Jun 23, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #53,997 of 66,291
After several days of exclusive Fulla E > SR325x, I put my V-DAC > HPA-1 setup back in action to do some comparisons, with the same recordings, and the E is so much better. No contest and just one tiny box with a lot less wiring. I also find that I much prefer the volume knob on top of the box.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2022 at 9:19 PM Post #53,998 of 66,291

Hemp v. RS1x
To me, Hemp sound is fun, jaunty, rhythmic and true to the music spirit. Hemp is warm, notably in the bass/midbass. This is not overdone, it is quite pleasing. Hemp reminds me of the ZMF Atticus in this respect. The Hemp midrange, treble, and soundstage are clear, have dimensionality, maybe lack that ‘nth’ bit of detail.
• RS1x is rhythmic and true with rather greater atmosphere, detail, spatiality. RS1x has deeper, slightly leaner bass/midbass and cannot be deemed anemic in this regard. RS1x overall reminds me of the ZMF Auteur.
• I own both Hemp and RS1x. Why? To me, they are complementary: similar but not to be confused with the other. I prefer Hemp over RS1x on various recordings (CDs); on other recordings (CDs), RS1x over Hemp. I do not use ‘electronic’ EQ; headphones are my EQ (and ‘room correction’).

RS1x v. GS3000e
• See post #50,136 on page 3343 of this thread.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2022 at 9:42 PM Post #53,999 of 66,291
Hemp v. RS1x
To me, Hemp sound is fun, jaunty, rhythmic and true to the music spirit. Hemp is warm, notably in the bass/midbass. This is not overdone, it is quite pleasing. Hemp reminds me of the ZMF Atticus in this respect. The Hemp midrange, treble, and soundstage are clear, have dimensionality, maybe lack that ‘nth’ bit of detail.
• RS1x is rhythmic and true with rather greater atmosphere, detail, spatiality. RS1x has deeper, slightly leaner bass/midbass and cannot be deemed anemic in this regard. RS1x overall reminds me of the ZMF Auteur.
• I own both Hemp and RS1x. Why? To me, they are complementary: similar but not to be confused with the other. I prefer Hemp over RS1x on various recordings (CDs); on other recordings (CDs), RS1x over Hemp. I do not use ‘electronic’ EQ; headphones are my EQ (and ‘room correction’).

RS1x v. GS3000e
• See post #50,136 on page 3343 of this thread.
Thank you.

Jun 23, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #54,000 of 66,291
Which model of ZMF pads can be used for Grado 50mm drivers ? I am looking for some for the GS3000e which seems to use the same drivers as the RS1X
you can get any pads. Maybe it's the same adapter for 44mm and 50mm, I don't know for sure, but you can just put in comments that your Grado is 50mm when you buy it and they will give you the proper size adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back