Grado Fan Club!
Apr 3, 2022 at 7:18 AM Post #51,961 of 66,261
Considering to try the new mojo2.
My earmen sounds great,but everybody talking about mojo.
Compared to my tr-amp the mojo have:
More power,EQ,crossfeed,smaller,no MQA(not fan of MQA), more inputs++

Are you using the EQ with your Grados?
I am but only slightly, depending on the Grado, even without the eq I enjoy it though.
With my 225e I sometimes lower the 3kz by 1 db and it sounds smoother/better balanced.
The crossfeed is fun, especially with my IEM's (GR10e),
it "feels" good on minimum with the IEM even though there's barely any sound difference.
On older recordings bumping up the crossfeed can do wonders.

While these features are great to have the real benefit for me is the great sq and musicality for the
size and price. Partnering cable and gear is important too, when I was using a generic USB cable
with my Mojo 1 it only sounded midfi, moving up to an AQ Jitterbug and Curious Hugo Link
brought it into the big leagues, same for Mojo 2. I own both Mojos and wouldn't bother with Mojo 1
since the 2 is a very big upgrade IMHO.

Unless you're dissatisfied with the earman I'd stick with it, but definitely would recommend
demoing the Mojo 2 to see if it suits!

Apr 3, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #51,965 of 66,261
I just bought some F Pads from Grado and they are a bit different from the ones on the Hemps. I don't think it makes any difference on the sound, but it looks cheap. Did anyone here get ones similar to these?
I wonder if for the initial production they just used ttvj deluxe flats, and once they decided to keep the hemp around and use the flats on the 225x and 325x they went with their own design.

Apr 3, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #51,967 of 66,261
Anyone here still rocking a vintage pairs Grado RS1's ? Recently picked up the Dekoni Velour pads and am very much enjoying them with my RS1's !

Apr 3, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #51,969 of 66,261
2 new cups/drivers?
Certainly new cups: the hemp is definitely darker / denser looking than before the repair / replacement. AND, they sound great: a wee bit less detailed than RS1x, with airiness-great soundstage-kick in the bass. Very engaging! Fun!

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #51,970 of 66,261
I am satisfied with my earmen:wink: But always fun to try new gear :wink:
update: my GS1000i's sound absolutely fantastic with crossfeed on minimum, 3 kHz + 20 kHz each 1 db up...
as a lowish volume listener in my setup this sounds endgame to me, I've never heard the GS's sound this good.

Again, evaluate for yourself with your gear, YMMV. Also, it can take some time for the brain to
be able to process the improvements in units like the M2. And partnering cable etc. can
allow the M2's quality to come through, or not (generic USB cable for me didn't cut it).

I love reading reviews of products like Nelson Pass, Audio Research, LAMM and many others, purely for
enjoyment. Also fascinated by products like the Dave and M-Scaler, however for me the Mojo 2
in my system gives me everything I need. We live in amazing times for audio!

...have fun!

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #51,971 of 66,261
I just bought some F Pads from Grado and they are a bit different from the ones on the Hemps. I don't think it makes any difference on the sound, but it looks cheap. Did anyone here get ones similar to these?
I got the Hemp here with delivered Pads, F Pads and TTVJ Deluxe Pads. All three pairs are different.

PXL_20220228_074836098.MP.jpg

PXL_20220303_144112364.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #51,972 of 66,261
I found a pair of vintage original SR325 in really good shape today. The headband has just a little wear and the cables have remained untwisted. With the L-cushion they are extraordinary. I was brought back to when I had the golden SR325. Same super open, airy sound but with weighty punch and slam. Refined treble and that crystal clear midrange. I am in love all over again! It is striking how well they still stack up against everything else I have.

51979736523_fc77b3325b_o.jpg

Apr 3, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #51,973 of 66,261
51980223690_c42903ef88_o.jpg

I think the vintage SR325 is probably the most enjoyable Grado in my collection right now.

Apr 3, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #51,974 of 66,261
Well guess who’s got an (almost) birthday PS2000e on the way lol. Hopefully this will conclude my Grado purchasing bender. Until they release a PS X series.

Really enjoying the PS-series Grados this weekend. PS500e is awesome. PS1000 is coming back into the fold too since it seems to scale well. Driving it balanced from a Headroom Max Balanced is such an engaging experience. I figured out to turn ON the filter (bumps up upper mids & treble) and OFF the crossfeed to counteract the effect of too much bass with the reversed G pads. So I'm sorta using the old Headroom controls as a kludgey, mild EQ. The "crossfeed" effect is much more apparent for its boost to bass than it is for changes to head-staging. Yeah, I see the value of using Grados with an EQ. The PS500e with deluxe flats is closer to the "right" balance as-is, so it sounds great either with filter and crossfeed both on, or all off (flat). Having filter & crossfeed both on does make the sound a bit more lively and exciting, though.

I've also noticed that the PS500e has very low listening fatigue for a Grado. You can listen reasonably loud for longer, no problem. The PS1000, I have to stop after a while.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back