Grado Fan Club!
Mar 19, 2022 at 10:05 PM Post #51,661 of 65,648
I'm back deep into the Grado. Just can't believe it's taken a pandemic for me to realize how much I love the sweet Grado sound again.

So, need to hear from the world's foremost experts. I've read almost all the reviews of GR10E and the GT220. Now, I know they're all very different use cases and maybe not apple-to-apple with the classic Grado cans but in true Grado fanclub style I want to have my bases covered when full-sized cans aren't convenient.

I've not had a chance to test the GT220 or GR10E but wanted to know which of the 2 really has the Grado sound? Both are mostly well-regarded by the same bunch of audio reviewers but what does the GFC think?

Mar 20, 2022 at 7:05 PM Post #51,662 of 65,648
DMS just reviewed the SR60X and SR80X.

Summary:

* He enjoys the SR60X as a budget option. They don’t measure well and won’t please the measurement crowd, but he likes them subjectively, particularly with the Geekria G pads.

* He’s not a fan of their build, although they do seem to last.

* He has no idea why the SR80X exists, as he can’t find any physical or audible difference.

* He thinks at this price point, the AKG K361/K371 are more balanced, well rounded headphones, but the Grados are more unique and more detailed.

* He loves the 325X and thinks they’re absolutely worth getting over the SR60X/SR80X if you can afford it.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #51,663 of 65,648
Hello, Everyone

I have a question, I want to know from the past to the present.

Alessandro Music Series One (MS1)​

How many models are there and When did the first production start?​

Attachments

• 20220318_065748.jpg
    20220318_065748.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Mar 21, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #51,665 of 65,648
I'm back deep into the Grado. Just can't believe it's taken a pandemic for me to realize how much I love the sweet Grado sound again.

So, need to hear from the world's foremost experts. I've read almost all the reviews of GR10E and the GT220. Now, I know they're all very different use cases and maybe not apple-to-apple with the classic Grado cans but in true Grado fanclub style I want to have my bases covered when full-sized cans aren't convenient.

I've not had a chance to test the GT220 or GR10E but wanted to know which of the 2 really has the Grado sound? Both are mostly well-regarded by the same bunch of audio reviewers but what does the GFC think?
I have the PS2000e, the PS500e and the GR10e.
If the PS series is great for details, the GR10e gives more details with very difficult tracks.
i was very estonish when the GR10e gives me a better audition in Philip Glass Akhenaten Act3 scene 2 @ 5 min. The percussions are more audible.
When my 2 friends ( Grado lovers with PS2000e and Chord mojo owners ) listen to my GR10e, they buy one the next week.
For us the GR10e has the same signature than the best Grado sound of the 4 last years included GS3000e.
I have listen the RS1X, and i prefer the GR10e. Maybe more bass but with minus treble.
With the little hole, the GR10e are not 2 plugs so never some overpressure and then it exists a good impression of space but not as big that RS1-X.

For me the Grado sounds come from Chord DAC, but my Hugo2, Poly and 2go can use some codec of Bluetooth and i don’t care.
So the day I listened to the GT220 out for the first time of the box, I did not hope to be impressed since they are not APTX HD and I was not when I was conquered instantly by the GR10E on Mojo1. If MP3 is enough so GT220 could be too.

With the Chord Mojo2Poly and Grado GR10e, the difference between 44.1, 88.2 or 176.4 is very audible. If I use the Poly Bluetooth mode, I can realize the gap between APTX and these various format.

I am used to listened to TV on Sennheiser CX6.00BT that uses APTX and APTXLL. I could listen to the TV with the GR10E on Mojo2Poly or Hugo22Go for a better result but it would be less convenient. So when the battery of one of my 2 cx6.00bt will be dead my look will be on the GT220 again.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #51,667 of 65,648
I consider the Pokemon flavors a hiccup in Grado history. I would have preferred they never have been made.
Why is that? Too commercial? Too childish? Did you also find the hemp versions pandering to a demographic?

I find both amusing, but would prefer they were more limited for collector's purposes. I figure you feel the same way I felt when Porsche starting making SUVs... it's diminishing the niche appeal of the brand. On the plus side it keeps the companies profitable so they can continue to make more specialized products.

Mar 21, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #51,669 of 65,648
Why is that? Too commercial? Too childish? Did you also find the hemp versions pandering to a demographic?

I find both amusing, but would prefer they were more limited for collector's purposes. I figure you feel the same way I felt when Porsche starting making SUVs... it's diminishing the niche appeal of the brand. On the plus side it keeps the companies profitable so they can continue to make more specialized products.
Hemp versions not as much as those models the hemp fibers are actually an ingredient as part of the cups, so a different headphone/sound signature as a result. That being said, Grado has collaborated with other brands in the past but also utilizing those brands' products as an integral piece of the headphone. The Pokemon versions I feel are not at all as special as previous collaborations have been. The lackluster advertising and Pokemon Center's atrocious model pictures (headphones were worn backwards in all pictures) when released did not help. The whole deal very much cheapened the brand which is why I would rather forget that it happened lol. How about them x models? :)

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2022 at 4:31 PM Post #51,672 of 65,648
I think that is because nobody bought them.
I swear I remember reading in this thread one person who did -- but I don't recall a lot else said about it other than that? But I might even be wrong about that. :sweat_smile:

I was briefly interested but I thought I'd hold my money for something more reasonably likely to be a winner, like maybe the RS2x.

Mar 21, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #51,673 of 65,648
People who own the Grado HF-3 model:
I remember testing them during CanJam NYC 2018 (when they were announced), and liking them. Unfortunately, I did not buy a pair back then...
Which mainstream Grado model do they sound closest to? one that can be actually purchased (new or used)?
Also, if any HF-3 owner is looking to move them - please PM me :wink:

Mar 21, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #51,674 of 65,648
People who own the Grado HF-3 model:
I remember testing them during CanJam NYC 2018 (when they were announced), and liking them. Unfortunately, I did not buy a pair back then...
Which mainstream Grado model do they sound closest to? one that can be actually purchased (new or used)?
Also, if any HF-3 owner is looking to move them - please PM me :wink:
I love mine

Mar 21, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #51,675 of 65,648
I love mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back