Grado Fan Club!
Oct 14, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #48,946 of 65,642
I haven't tried the L pads, but the G pads are odd for me. It creates some space but I somehow get a headphone experience. Although my G pads are this chinese misodiko brand. Haven't tried the Geekria or Grado pads itself. My Geekria pads are still on the way.

Anyway, would you say the differences between models are just more on the pads? Or regardless of pads, the higher ones on the prestige series has indeed noticeable differences?
None of the after market G pads have the same dimensioning or material compliance as the oem Grado pads. They are shallow and sit the driver much closer to the ear. Consequently they do not sound the same. There is no way to determine if you like the oem Grado G pads on SR line headphones without laying out the $45 to try them.

Oct 14, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #48,948 of 65,642
Are you able to compare how the 80x sounds with the 225x pads vs the 225x with its own pads. I'm curious to hear how much of the sound difference you hear is due to the pads alone.

(I use L pads on my 60x from time to time and it definitely opens up the sound as you've described. I also have the F pads from my hemps and but rarely use them because I find the sound too warm and the pads uncomfortable)
I'll pad swap em and report back to you when I can. I tried the Geekria L pad which was equivalent to the old pad used on the 225E on the 80X and it sharpened things up quite a bit. It provided a lot more clarity and detail but at the same time it made the sound stage sound a bit more pulled in compared to the normal S pad and the treble a bit more harsher. I much preferred the S on the 80X over the Geekria L

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #48,952 of 65,642
Are they just really expensive sr80x?

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #48,957 of 65,642
And only shipping us/hawaii/canada.
Not europe

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #48,959 of 65,642
It says «includes sr80x», do you get an extra headphone then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back