Grado Fan Club!
Mar 7, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #45,901 of 65,565
Bedtime stories with wavesequenced Hemp

Attachments

• 0307211953b.jpg
    0307211953b.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
Mar 7, 2021 at 11:16 PM Post #45,902 of 65,565
Thanks for question. I thought I write my first english review about it :)

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/grado-hp2i.25010/reviews
Love love love your review. Your English is great, and I could fully understand everything you wrote. I also love the "stolen from the hidden drawer by the daughter of my son" line!!

I've noticed several pics or old HP-xx series Grado's and was curious if everyone who owned those had a huge wide head, but now understand because of your explanation of the steel rod in the headband. Makes sense.

I only wished I lived around the corner from you so I could hear these legends!! Thanks for the write-up.

Mar 7, 2021 at 11:22 PM Post #45,903 of 65,565
Been away from the party a while...sure this has been discussed...currently own and love my buttonless RS1. What could I possibly expect as far as differences with the Hemp? Would there be enough difference to warrant owning both?
I'll be interested to hear replies, but I am going to venture a guess that your older RS1 and the Hemp might not sound that far apart from each other. Neither are known to have strong treble (ala, SR325), so for the price of the Hemp, you might not find they are that far from each other.

Mar 8, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #45,905 of 65,565
Are all Grado amps discontinued?
How much are Joseph Grados headphones going for?

Mar 8, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #45,906 of 65,565
@ArmAndHammer
According to your signature, glad to see you're still enjoying the Little Dot 1+.
Love that amp! I do still have and enjoy it. Been a while since I upgraded any of my source equipment.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #45,907 of 65,565
Are all Grado amps discontinued?
How much are Joseph Grados headphones going for?

Amps, yes.

The HP1000 is a collectible at this point, so condition is a major factor. The red lettering can be easily scratched off with a fingernail, so a unit that has perfect lettering will command much more money than one that has lost most of its lettering. Other factors are whether the cable is the standard cable or the "high-bandwidth" cable Grado used in later runs, and whether the unit was modded later by Joseph Grado himself for improved performance. Therefore the price range is broad and I've seen as low as $1000, to over $5000 for a near-perfect lettering unit.

EDIT: Of course, sometimes you can find a monster bargain. This mint condition HP1000-HP1 was severely undervalued at $1000, and it lasted 1 day in the system before it sold.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #45,908 of 65,565
I'm in Dubai on vacation and didn't bring my Hemps with me. I'll be stuck here for a few months as Canada has super expensive travel restrictions if I come back soon. I'm in so much pain
My be you should just order a new pair - probably cheaper that the travel:dt880smile:

Mar 8, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #45,909 of 65,565
There is still the path to a sidegrade. I sold my HF3 to a member who also owns a Hemp. These two models make excellent complimentary sets if you want to own two Grado headphones. I wonder if he is going to end up keeping both...
I kept both.... (and the GH2s):gs1000smile:

Mar 8, 2021 at 9:54 PM Post #45,911 of 65,565

I have two... shall we say... slight qualms with this video.

For one, dude deadass starts off going "Gray-do... or Grah-do... I dunno how to say it." My dude, you are a reviewer, ostensibly a professional, with 230k subscribers. If you cannot take ten ****ing seconds to check how to pronounce the name of the brand, how reliable are you?

Secondly, how is this even helpful? I'm still listening to this on my headphones. It's just double-coloring the sound and layering the frequency responses on top of each other. If you listen to this wearing a set of $10 earbuds you're still just hearing those earbuds. I don't get the point. This is like watching a recording of a monitor to see what it looks like.

Mar 8, 2021 at 10:06 PM Post #45,913 of 65,565
For one, dude deadass starts off going "Gray-do... or Grah-do... I dunno how to say it." My dude, you are a reviewer, ostensibly a professional, with 230k subscribers. If you cannot take ten ****ing seconds to check how to pronounce the name of the brand, how reliable are you?
Where can I find the official pronunciation?

Mar 8, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #45,915 of 65,565
I've bought around ten different Grados and I have no idea how it's pronounced. I don't think it's really a big deal.

I'm certain that many people also struggle to pronounce these brands as well, depending on where in the world you come from:

- Schiit
- Meze
- Focal
- Audeze
- Audio-GD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back