Grado Fan Club!
Mar 4, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #45,796 of 65,557
Hi! are these gold? or is it the light? they are for sale. what is so special with the gold editon?
Worth 150$?

edit: offered seller 120 USD
Look back to my case pic. I have the same gold sr325i. They have thinner wire but still terminate with the large 6.3mm tip. Mine have a not so wide headband for some reason. Also I do believe these gold are classed as the (i) version.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #45,797 of 65,557
Looks like 325 are Written in gold. So they are probably ltd edition?
The ones in the pic you posted look just like mine. I'd say you're . . . golden

BA DUM BUM TSSSSS

(those cymbal crashes will sound so clear with your gold 325s 😎)

Mar 4, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #45,798 of 65,557
I just saw that Zeos has already modified his Hemp 🤮

4d2d18f10a330deb446c809caa962c74290c772d.jpeg
I dont want to get banned so i will invoke my right to remain silent about this 🤐

Mar 4, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #45,800 of 65,557
This is what a sane person would do (or they would get replacement parts from Grado).

I think he just wanted to create some click bait with that abomination. Either that...or he is...

tenor (1).gif
I doubt it's click bait as his video is filmed and done. Despite all of his criticisms of Grado In his review, he REALLY loved the Hemps, so he made that abomination so he wouldn't have to be without them for even a few days. I felt the same way when I first got the Hemps. I also mentioned how solid the Shipibo parts feel. Honestly, I kind of just want him to get them so he can signal boost a great product.

I will admit Zeos is coocoo for coco puffs. How else would he gave come up with the hair brained idea to attach a hifiman headband to the PADS.

Mar 4, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #45,801 of 65,557
I think the folly here is wanting open and closed backs to sound the same. Depending on what you're looking for, there are a lot of times when the closed-back sound is what you want. You can't want a closed set to sound open any more than you can want an open set to isolate outside sounds and then mark it down for failing to do that.
I gotcha, I was just pointing out that one company proved it could be done, to make a closed back sound like an open back. Of course, I can only think of that one example ever, but it proves it is possible.

Mar 4, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #45,802 of 65,557
The ones in the pic you posted look just like mine. I'd say you're . . . golden

BA DUM BUM TSSSSS

(those cymbal crashes will sound so clear with your gold 325s 😎)
Now i’m pretty sure they are ltd edition.
Seller don’t know what he are selling :)
He think they are old and faded

Mar 4, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #45,803 of 65,557
You don't have to spend a fortune for a grado case. Fits all my SR h/phones. £6.99 ebay UK.
Just bought that exact one from eBay. It takes 3 weeks to arrive but good to know it was a good purchase. :)

Mar 4, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #45,804 of 65,557
The GS3000e is my daily driver. My Hemp has been sitting in its box since November.

Ah. Interesting. What do you feel the GS3000e excels at and what other Grados are you familiar with to compare it to?

Personally both of them already on entirely different level than let's say, Hemp, RS1e, RS2e or PS500e. The amount of micro detail, spaciousness of soundstage, speed, resolution are couple steps above.

This has me curious. What differentiates the GS3000e from those others? For example, comparing it to an RS1e, the differences I can see are the Cocobolo vs mahogany, the G pads vs L pads, and a 12 conductor wire vs 8 conductor. Would those result in big difference in sound? I could see the wood type and shape affecting the timbre, but I’m not sure if that could affect other things, like micro detail. I believe both headphones have a 50mm driver, although they don’t specify if it’s the same one or not. And then the headband is slightly different, but that wouldn’t affect sound.

Basically, the line confuses me because the Statement series is a lot more money than the Reference series (ie. $700 vs $1800 with these two) but that price differential seems to go into some nicer materials (particularly the housing) but I don’t really see how it would really improve sound quality. From my external vantage point with zero actual hands on experience with a GS3000e, it seems like the extra cost goes into the beauty of the headphone and not into really changing the sound. Perhaps I’m missing something.

Mar 4, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #45,806 of 65,557
Seems like the white stitchings are more common than the black ones...

Mar 4, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #45,808 of 65,557
I'm okay with the white, honestly. I also don't know what everyone's talking about with the clamping issue or pad comfort. These are easy as hell to wear.

I put a bigass post in the metal thread but I'll summarize it here: I've been won over. Between the beyer and these is going to be a hard battle, but I suspect these will match my FD5 (with the wide tips for added openness) much better. What's really getting me is now that I turned off the metal just how emotional and "present" I am in the acoustic/vocal music.

helps that I can wear them with my ear gauges and glasses, too. LOL\

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #45,809 of 65,557
I just saw that Zeos has already modified his Hemp 🤮

4d2d18f10a330deb446c809caa962c74290c772d.jpeg
He is an . . . . . . His language and the way he throws the headphones around. Now this...
I like Steve Gutenberg much more even though he calls the Hemps a BRIGHT headphone.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #45,810 of 65,557
He is an . . . . . . His language and the way he throws the headphones around. Now this...
I like Steve Gutenberg much more even though he calls the Hemps a BRIGHT headphone.

I caught Steve's video while I was waiting for mine to come in and he emphasized "bright" so much I was worried. Having heard, um... not sure where he got that idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back