Grado Fan Club!
Jun 28, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #38,267 of 65,854
I also highly recommend the TTVJ deluxe flats. Those pads brought all my Grados to the next level. I swear by them now. Just amazing.

I was looking at those.....but was worried about comfort. I am using G cushions and love them, how are these compared to L's etc?

Jun 28, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #38,268 of 65,854
I was looking at those.....but was worried about comfort. I am using G cushions and love them, how are these compared to L's etc?

Comfort wise, they clamp a bit more than the L’s. If you don’t like how the L’s put pressure on your ears then you might not like the flats. They really are worth giving a shot though. If you don’t like them they are an easy sell.

Jun 28, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #38,269 of 65,854
Comfort wise, they clamp a bit more than the L’s. If you don’t like how the L’s put pressure on your ears then you might not like the flats. They really are worth giving a shot though. If you don’t like them they are an easy sell.
My issue is, I get pain under my ear where my glasses arm goes with the L's after a few hours. I might give them a try anyways.

Thanks!

Jun 28, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #38,270 of 65,854
I find the opposite being the TTVJ flats are exactly as named (flat) compared to the L cushions which are concave making them much thicker which would apply more pressure.

Jun 29, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #38,271 of 65,854
I forgot to mention, later on down the line you should also try the TTVJ flat pads on these pink driver Rs1's.

Yea.. sounds perfect, and much more comfortable..
20180629_123334.jpg

Jun 29, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #38,272 of 65,854
My issue is, I get pain under my ear where my glasses arm goes with the L's after a few hours. I might give them a try anyways.

Thanks!

If you dont mind a slight distortion to your vision, then wearing the glasses arms OVER the grado earpads will help with comfort. Its the only way i wear them, unless i have contacts in at the time.

Jun 29, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #38,273 of 65,854
Got my G-Cushions this morning and they are significantly more comfortable than the L-Cushions. Could not even get 3-4 hours using the L's before my ears hurt so bad, it killed my headphone listening for the day. They did change the sound signature slightly, but not enough to warrant the change back.

Grado seriously needs to design a G-Cushion or equivalent that is tuned for the SR series.....
Try washing with dish soap. Softens em up.

Jun 29, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #38,274 of 65,854
Try washing with dish soap. Softens em up.

I don't have an issue with the material....it's just long term, slight pressure on my ear.

Anyhow...digging the G Cushions.....

Jun 29, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #38,275 of 65,854
If you dont mind a slight distortion to your vision, then wearing the glasses arms OVER the grado earpads will help with comfort. Its the only way i wear them, unless i have contacts in at the time.
Couldn't agrees more. I wear reading glasses and I've never once tried to wear them with the arms under the cushions. I've always worn them with the arms resting on top of the cushions.

Jun 30, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #38,276 of 65,854
upload_2018-6-30_17-18-58.png

HD414 Comfort. L Cush Sound.

Jun 30, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #38,278 of 65,854
Have you compared it to L-cush, or just from memory? I need to buy some pads very soon!

I cannot tell the difference in sound from the L Cushion. Foam is similar to the HD414 but larger in diameter. Foam is less abrasive/rigid than the L Cushion or TTVJ Deluxe Flat Pads I own and does not irriate my ears. Would definitely recommend these. Someone may be able to pick it apart from a sound perspective but the only slight difference I notice with my GH2s is possibly a touch more bass. YMMV.

Jun 30, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #38,279 of 65,854
I cannot tell the difference in sound from the L Cushion. Foam is similar to the HD414 but larger in diameter. Foam is less abrasive/rigid than the L Cushion or TTVJ Deluxe Flat Pads I own and does not irriate my ears. Would definitely recommend these. Someone may be able to pick it apart from a sound perspective but the only slight difference I notice with my GH2s is possibly a touch more bass. YMMV.
I might buy these I'm the next couple of days. I'm working on a new build with aftermarket drivers so I'll pick up a pair of L-cush and maybe a pair of these to see what works best. Thanks for the recommendation, they seem to stand behind their product (180 day warranty from manufacturing defects).

Jun 30, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #38,280 of 65,854
Hello. I have tried HD414 (Quarter modded) with my Grados and I like them.

Is there any substantial difference in sound using TTVJ Flat deluxe compared with HD414?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back