Grado Fan Club!
Feb 27, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #37,621 of 65,682
Do you know which version your hd650 is? If I'm not mistaken they revised their drivers for their late 2010s. Not sure which one newer but I read something about silver drivers on hd650. I'm not really into sennheiser products.so please correct me if I'm wrong
My HD650 are the newer silver drivers

@joseph69, I'm not the only one that noticed that the HD6XX sounded different as there was another on the HD650 thread said his HD6XX did sound a little brighter also. I was hoping they sounded the same since I was going to mod the HD6XX with some of the non-reversible mods but since I like them better than my original HD650 I'm not going to touch them at this time.

Feb 27, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #37,622 of 65,682
My HD650 are the newer silver drivers

@joseph69, I'm not the only one that noticed that the HD6XX sounded different as there was another on the HD650 thread said his HD6XX did sound a little brighter also. I was hoping they sounded the same since I was going to mod the HD6XX with some of the non-reversible mods but since I like them better than my original HD650 I'm not going to touch them at this time.
This tells me this is a good thing if you're not interested in modding your 6XX. After thinking abut it, I realized it really doesn't matter because I've never heard either anyway, so. Thank you!

Feb 27, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #37,623 of 65,682
So, I'm getting along with the flat pads on my RS1i nicely this time after listening with them for more than 10 minutes! I'm getting aquatinted with the different sound signature they offer, and enjoying it!

I switched to my PS1K after the RS1i tonight because I haven't listened to them in a very long time.
I would advise anyone considering to sell their PS1K not too! These may just have the most emotional midrange out of all of my headphones and any headphones I've ever heard. I will never make the mistake (again) of selling these, even if I don't use them for years.
I feel very fortunate to have found them BNIB after selling 2 or 3 pairs, I can't
remember.

Best sounding headphone I've ever heard.

Feb 27, 2018 at 1:31 AM Post #37,624 of 65,682
So, I'm getting along with the flat pads on my RS1i nicely this time after listening with them for more than 10 minutes! I'm getting aquatinted with the different sound signature they offer, and enjoying it!

I switched to my PS1K after the RS1i tonight because I haven't listened to them in a very long time.
I would advise anyone considering to sell their PS1K not too! These may just have the most emotional midrange out of all of my headphones and any headphones I've ever heard. I will never make the mistake (again) of selling these, even if I don't use them for years.
I feel very fortunate to have found them BNIB after selling 2 or 3 pairs, I can't
remember.

Friends don’t let friends sell their PS1000s.

Best sounding headphone I've ever heard.

809.png

I've come close to selling them because I don't use them much, but I'm glad I didn't!:beerchug::gs1000smile:

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018 at 4:08 AM Post #37,625 of 65,682
Hello again, all!

I find myself at yet ANOTHER crossroad! I think my GH-2 will be going up for sale...

I received my brand new set after having the cracked cup in the previous set, but in the meantime, I picked up a set of SR80e, just to give me something to listen to... and I'm really enjoying them. So much so, that at the price I paid (£60), I am really struggling to justify having the GH-2 as well. I hadn't thought to start off low with the Grado range, and now I wish I had. If anyone fancies taking a set of new GH-2's off my hands, shoot me a message and we can try and work something out.

Honestly, I've always preferred the idea of having something REALLY cheap that I can live happily with. All of my chopping and changing and spending and wasting money and time on this hobby has left me somewhat drained. I go through this cycle so often, and ultimately I neglect other things I enjoy doing (not to mention, not actually listening to any music, just analysing it to death!).

So yeah, SR80e = good. The GH-2 is definitely better in almost all regards, but it leaves me thinking about my source and all that stuff... and I just don't want to have to. It becomes an obsession, rather than a hobby with me. Chasing the next thing.

Also, it's snowing here today, and I wanna play in the snow (with my daughter, not just me!!).

Feb 27, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #37,626 of 65,682
for you guys who using grado headphone and grado amp. this would make the whole thing complete

musashi9259-img640x480-15115018240ukeul3006.jpg

musashi9259-img640x480-15115018246jeozr3006.jpg

Feb 27, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #37,628 of 65,682
Hey everyone. I have a nice pair of PS1000's (non-e) for sale here on Head-Fi. Great headphones, I just don't do much over-ear listening anymore. Thought I'd let the fan club know!

Edit: I just read the above posts about not selling the PS1000's. I wish I had all your patience! I do hope these go to a loving home.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #37,630 of 65,682
Is this something new or a vintage cable?

i think it's from joseph era, i'm not sure john ever selling cable

from time to time it's been listing on online auction, the price not really appealing though

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #37,632 of 65,682
I bought a sturdy 15 foot extension cable from Grado a while ago. Use it all the time with my AV receiver.

Please, coil that cable up nicely like it deserves to be. :)

Edit: I just read the above posts about not selling the PS1000's. I wish I had all your patience! I do hope these go to a loving home.
Don't do it just put them away. Out of sight, out of mind.

Feb 28, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #37,633 of 65,682
Hey everyone. I have a nice pair of PS1000's (non-e) for sale here on Head-Fi. Great headphones, I just don't do much over-ear listening anymore. Thought I'd let the fan club know!

Mar 1, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #37,634 of 65,682
There is so much speculation about Grado cushions out there, and especially, how do bulk aliexpress L-pads compaire to original Grado L-pads, that are made of two different material. So i did some measurements, with my heavily modded Grado SR325is, and the difference was huge. Actually it was so huge, that i re measured them with my original SR60:s as well, and differences remained huge.
So there is six different pads measured:

From top to bottom:
Blue -Bulk L-pad (Tapemod)
Green -Bulk L-pad
Red -Bulk S-cushion
Orange -Original S-cushion
Magenta -Bulk G-pad
Light blue -Original L-Pad Tapemod.
PADS.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back