Grado Fan Club!
Oct 8, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #36,484 of 65,633
9762858.jpg

I look for these

Oct 8, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #36,485 of 65,633
I look for these
Well, those came from the site I provided for you. It seems that the rodblocks no longer come in "Aluminum" color...seems they come in "Matte Black" now as stated.

I have the exact same set of rodblocks & gimbal in your photo which I purchased from the site I provided you with.
PM me if you are interested in purchasing them.

Oct 8, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #36,486 of 65,633
How hard can I push the PS500 without fearing they will damage?

For the 2-3 years I've had them I try to keep the levels down as far as to not hear them when they lie flat on the table. After buying a real hifi system for my TV I've felt them severely lacking - which was solved by listening louder.

My old pair of SR80I I'm pretty sure has busted one of the channels (or there's crap in there I cant see) and I never drove them hard.

Thanks

Oct 8, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #36,487 of 65,633
if i'm still remember it correctly, i once emailed grado and ask about the maximum input, they reply was 600mw

Oct 8, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #36,488 of 65,633
How hard can I push the PS500 without fearing they will damage?

For the 2-3 years I've had them I try to keep the levels down as far as to not hear them when they lie flat on the table. After buying a real hifi system for my TV I've felt them severely lacking - which was solved by listening louder.

My old pair of SR80I I'm pretty sure has busted one of the channels (or there's **** in there I cant see) and I never drove them hard.

Thanks
You are more likely to damage your hearing before damaging the drivers by turning up the listening levels. What do you mean by "lacking"? sound stage? bass? highs? If you say turning up the listening level louder then I don't see any problem unless you are listening at higher than 85dB for extended periods and turning it up higher than this.

When you say "busted" is it a rattling sound? You can send them back to Grado for repair, its a flat rate but I don't remember what it is for the SR80i, $50? and they do replace both drivers so its not a bad deal IMO.

Oct 8, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #36,489 of 65,633
Well, those came from the site I provided for you. It seems that the rodblocks no longer come in "Aluminum" color...seems they come in "Matte Black" now as stated.

I have the exact same set of rodblocks & gimbal in your photo which I purchased from the site I provided you with.
PM me if you are interested in purchasing them.

On the site I only find rod bloks, but not gimball.

Pm for you.

Oct 8, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #36,490 of 65,633
On the site I only find rod bloks, but not gimball.

Pm for you.
The gimbals have not been made since the release of the version 2 rod blocks. I've asked if and when they will be made again and got the reply that they are changing over CNC machines and may be made again in the future. If you really want the rod blocks and gimbals I would suggest purchasing them from @joseph69 since I haven't seen them for sale any where. There is one other supplier of aluminum gimbals but these are not polished and I've had to use small plastic washers to keep them centered and the build quality is not the same but its a lot cheaper.

Oct 8, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #36,491 of 65,633
Hi gang! I think I post here about every 3 months or so...

Anyway, the following song is one I'm OBSESSED with. Total Stoner/Heavy Psych, and one that just has me listening time after time after time. Check my sig and you'll see the cans I have...

Anyway: what headphones are best for Spaceslug? My lowly Grado SR-60e's!!!!!!!!! They deliver every grind of the tube amps, every slur of the Polish singers, every tap of the cymbals and hit of the drum better than any headphones I have. Just amazing!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back