Grado Fan Club!
Feb 22, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #34,682 of 65,797
  I like the rounded wood cups on the GH2.  I think it looks better and highlights the wood grain patterns.

Agree, I like these cups better also

Feb 23, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #34,684 of 65,797
I like the rounded wood cups on the GH2.  I think it looks better and highlights the wood grain patterns.

gotta say that i prefer the design of the gh1. i'd rather see grados retaining their edge. :wink: the gh2's cocobolo cups also look shallow compared to the gh1 in the pics.

Feb 23, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #34,685 of 65,797

gotta say that i prefer the design of the gh1. i'd rather see grados retaining their edge. :wink: the gh2's cocobolo cups also look shallow compared to the gh1 in the pics.
I feel the same way judging from the pictures. I'm not too fond of the rounded edges. They look too much like DIY IMO.

Feb 23, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #34,686 of 65,797
I feel the same way judging from the pictures. I'm not too fond of the rounded edges. They look too much like DIY IMO.

they look good. but like you said. looks like a very sophisticated DIY grado

Feb 23, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #34,687 of 65,797
which are the most neutral sounding grados?  or is this even a serious question -_-

I like the flat sound signature of DT880 / Triplefi 10

Grados usually aren't described as neutral... and the TF10 is often described as rather V-shaped. If you're coming from that kind of sound, I'd agree that he aforementioned HP-1000 and maybe something like the 225e?

If you want something that's more mid forward like the 880, I would have a look at the RS1 or RS2e. And if you want something a little more V-shaped, check out the GS1000.

they look good. but like you said. looks like a very sophisticated DIY grado

Agreed on all counts!

Feb 23, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #34,690 of 65,797
Grado finally uses a beautiful, interesting wood and everyone complains that it looks DIY. This is why we can't have nice things.

Feb 23, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #34,692 of 65,797
biggrin.gif
lol, the wood looks good! it's the rounded edges we're talking about. All we're saying is we prefer our Grados to look like Grados.
wink.gif

But my GS1000e has rounded edges...  

I know what you're saying though.  I like the look of Grados as well, but it's a limited edition, so we have to keep an open mind.

Feb 23, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #34,693 of 65,797
i'm fine with progress, would like to see progress in the form of metal rodblocks, don't care much about the shape of the cups (as long as it doesn't hinder the sound)

Feb 23, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #34,695 of 65,797
I mean don't get me wrong, I don't think that's gonna stop anybody whose gonna get them, get them. I'm certain they'll sound lovely. Question is, how different or same will they sound to my gh1?
I've been wanting to get something different than Grado and I was looking at entry level stax but now this comes along.
I wasn't really considering the GH2 but I think the whole experience will be fun for the guys who buy it and share their experience with us.

Another question, just how limited are these!? I have a feeling they won't be as many as there were gh1's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back