Grado Fan Club!
Dec 21, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #34,036 of 65,789

Thank you very much!
I definitely will never touch the lettering, I pick them up from the pads. Thanks for the quick history lesson on the HP2.
I don't have the Sring DAC, I'm also waiting for delivery sometime in January (hopefully) as well. I have the PWD-ll w/Bridge-ll.

Dec 21, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #34,037 of 65,789
The PS Audio PerfectWave DAC's pair really well with the HP2s. They have that nice analog sound which pairs well with the HP2s Clarity and Neutral sound.

I have no doubt you'll enjoy them very much on either amp!

Dec 21, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #34,038 of 65,789
Of course! And yeah that or on the side of the cups or gimbals. I actually leave the screws for the rod blocks tight enough to stay in place but just loose enough so that I can adjust them by pushing up or down.

Being that your pair is so mint it probably came with the documentation. I'm sure you saw the illustration on how to put them on! I would never bend the headband on these like that!

They don't have the pressure of the newer type Grado headbands, but it will sit nice and snug once adjusted perfect and feel almost like you have nothing on at all!!

Dec 21, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #34,039 of 65,789
  Of course! And yeah that or on the side of the cups or gimbals. I actually leave the screws for the rod blocks tight enough to stay in place but just loose enough so that I can adjust them by pushing up or down.

Being that your pair is so mint it probably came with the documentation. I'm sure you saw the illustration on how to put them on! I would never bend the headband on these like that!

They don't have the pressure of the newer type Grado headbands, but it will sit nice and snug once adjusted perfect and feel almost like you have nothing on at all!!

No original box/documents. The seller said the box and the foam insert had disintegrated due to their age so they were safely stored in a wood box. I didn't realize there was no original box/documents until I had already made the deal. Of course I would have liked to have them, but this was definitely not a deal breaker seeing their condition.

They fit perfectly on my head with just the slights amount of pressure on my ears to keep them from moving. And you're right, they feel like their not even on your head…very comfortable for an aluminum/metal HP that is built like a tank!

Dec 21, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #34,040 of 65,789
That's amazing considering their condition. Doesn't really matter because you're now part of the mint condition HP1000 club lol.

Yep, that blue foam degrades like crazy and crumbles all over everything. It's easy for them to get inside in between the grille and on the drivers and inside the cups. Or scattered over the drivers cheesecloth protector.

It's why I never store them away in the original box even with a zip lock bag over each cup to protect them.

So I bought a nice pelican case perfect size for the HP1000.

Not sure if that's something you're interesting in doing but I figured I'd mention it. It's the type where you pluck the foam to the desire shape.

My HP2 fits like a glove in it when I store them away, face up. I gotta look up the model number Pelican it was when I get home from the office.

Looking forward to your more in depth impressions!!

Dec 21, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #34,041 of 65,789
  Received the HP1000 (HP2) this morning.
They're in pristine condition! I listened to them for about a 1/2hr and they sound very smooth and nicely balanced neutral sound. More impressions when I have the time to do some serious listening later tonight.

[heavy breathing intensifies]

I know I have no need for them but I'm looking at these pics like a lost person in a desert looks at a glass of water.

enjoy. (no need to tell you, i'm sure, but just try and stop me)

Dec 21, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #34,042 of 65,789
  That's amazing considering their condition. Doesn't really matter because you're now part of the mint condition HP1000 club lol.

Yep, that blue foam degrades like crazy and crumbles all over everything. It's easy for them to get inside in between the grille and on the drivers and inside the cups. Or scattered over the drivers cheesecloth protector.

It's why I never store them away in the original box even with a zip lock bag over each cup to protect them.

So I bought a nice pelican case perfect size for the HP1000.

Not sure if that's something you're interesting in doing but I figured I'd mention it. It's the type where you pluck the foam to the desire shape.

My HP2 fits like a glove in it when I store them away, face up. I gotta look up the model number Pelican it was when I get home from the office.

Looking forward to your more in depth impressions!!

Thanks for the membership to the club! 
biggrin.gif

From what understand, this is why the seller didn't store them in the original box.
I placed a thin layer of closed cell foam in the bottom of the wood box which they came with and store them face up as well, thanks anyway for the tip on the Pelican case.

I keep all my other Grados in a draw with felt furniture discs covering the grills from dust…Inever put them back in their boxes because the cables wouldn't stay straight…I'm nits about my cables being straight.

[heavy breathing intensifies]

I know I have no need for them but I'm looking at these pics like a lost person in a desert looks at a glass of water.

enjoy. (no need to tell you, i'm sure, but just try and stop me)

LMAO!
Thank you very much!

Dec 21, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #34,043 of 65,789
  Thank you very much!
I definitely will never touch the lettering, I pick them up from the pads. Thanks for the quick history lesson on the HP2.
I don't have the Sring DAC, I'm also waiting for delivery sometime in January (hopefully) as well. I have the PWD-ll w/Bridge-ll.

maybe you should buy another pair of hp1000. just sayin :D
looking forward for your in depth comparison. which one is more comfort compare to ps1k? 

Dec 23, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #34,050 of 65,789
Merry Christmas my fellow Grado fans.

So the model Pelican Case that's perfect for the HP1000, at least to me is the "1400".

I attached a couple of pics.

I store them face up and wrap the cable in a circle on the center part of the foam that isn't plucked and then store it flat in a drawer or chest.

IMG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back