Grado Fan Club!
Jul 6, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #32,686 of 66,264
I have the GR10e. They continue the bright open sound of the Grado line, and they are TINY! You can lie on your side with them on and never feel them. I have never seen earbuds that are smaller.

I considered the cheaper GR10, but then read that the 10e was indeed an improvement by a couple of folks who compared them. I have also read, but not verified, that the $99 iG sound way better than their price (hey, just like the $99 SR80i!) the current iGe version includes the Apple inline music remote controls.

As with the multiple-density L bowls and G Cush, the GR10e uses a "proprietary blend of two silicons" in its tips.

i stopped using the grado silly-con tips, as i couldn't wear them for the amount of time i wore them (which is well over 8 hours, not even including time sleeping, because yes, i did sleep with these IEMs in)
Tried comply foam for a while, but again, with the amount of time i wore them they degraded FAST, and when you take them out regularly it scrapes the inside of your ears to point of irritation.
Finally i had custom tips made, and have been happily using these since, even when i moved from the Grado IEMs to Final IEMs.

Jul 6, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #32,687 of 66,264
Hi again! Thank you guys for the recommendations for the amp. I'll be selling the Aune T1 so I can get a better DAC as soon as possible and then the amp. I'm liking the Modi 2 Uber, it's pretty solid, or the ODAC. I haven't decided that yet.

Another question, even if I can buy, lets say the Darkvoice 336SE, wouldn't that be an improvement over the LD 1+, or should I just stick to the LD 1+ and some nice tubes? Is it really that good of a match between LD 1+ and Grado's?

Jul 6, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #32,688 of 66,264
Ok I'll spell it out just for you. There is much more bass slam while not being muddy and it seems more detailed and accurate if there is such a thing. I thoroughly enjoy the plentiful bass much more than both 325s.

I'm sorry I disrupted the way things you think are supposed to be said around here. I have to watch out for the spelling and grammar nazis as well while now on my Ps and Qs for you.

I hope your tears have receded back into your eyes. Remind me to never post around here again.

''Remind me to never post around here again''

Is that a promise?, I'm just kidding!

Seriously though, I come in peace!, but honestly, the fact that Piper has almost 1600 posts, on you, and hasn't been banned yet, tells me that he has managed to keep his posts ''in bounds'', so to speak.

Reagarding the ''Ps and Qs'', don't forget that all we have to communicate are words. This makes it hard to figure out other people's state of mind.

I hope you'll reconsider about posting here, we do have a great bunch of people in the Grado threads.

Jul 6, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #32,689 of 66,264
I have the GR10e. They continue the bright open sound of the Grado line, and they are TINY! You can lie on your side with them on and never feel them. I have never seen earbuds that are smaller.

I considered the cheaper GR10, but then read that the 10e was indeed an improvement by a couple of folks who compared them. I have also read, but not verified, that the $99 iG sound way better than their price (hey, just like the $99 SR80i!) the current iGe version includes the Apple inline music remote controls.

As with the multiple-density L bowls and G Cush, the GR10e uses a "proprietary blend of two silicons" in its tips.

Hmmm!...you didn't include the GR10e in you MEGA comparison, should I be worried?
confused_face(1).gif

Jul 6, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #32,690 of 66,264
''Remind me to never post around here again''

Is that a promise?, I'm just kidding!

Seriously though, I come in peace!, but honestly, the fact that Piper has almost 1600 posts, on you, and hasn't been banned yet, tells me that he has managed to keep his posts ''in bounds'', so to speak.

Reagarding the ''Ps and Qs'', don't forget that all we have to communicate are words. This makes it hard to figure out other people's state of mind.

I hope you'll reconsider about posting here, we do have a great bunch of people in the Grado threads.

Nah. You guys talk, I'll lurk and learn. I got my end game phones (ps500e) anyway, plus I have some custom ypsilon phones using the old school sr325 (ps500e made them less 'fun') cups and some custom mahogany sleeves and some spirit labs cups with magnum drivers. I'll focus on learning to make music and love listening to music. I'll lurk now and then. Thanks though.

My original post was in fun. Most people 'round here know the ps500e are bass queens anyway, at least in the grado world. Some people take stuff too seriously. I couldn't care less if someone said 'PS1000E blow the ps500e out of the water in every category, even though I've heard both and prefer the ps500e. I know that people's ear canals are different, tastes vary, and even between the same models a headphones output can vary. Hell, I've had phones where the drivers weren't matched and each one (R and L) had different freq responses. Actually read a similar post before(ps500 vs 1000), and was glad the guy was happy with his purchase and expressing himself freely without complaints.

People need to realize everyone doesn't act, feel, and think act they way they want them to or think they should.

Jul 6, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #32,691 of 66,264
Nah. You guys talk, I'll lurk and learn. I got my end game phones (ps500e) anyway, plus I have some custom ypsilon phones using the old school sr325 (ps500e made them less 'fun') cups and some custom mahogany sleeves and some spirit labs cups with magnum drivers. I'll focus on learning to make music and love listening to music. I'll lurk now and then. Thanks though.

My original post was in fun. Most people 'round here know the ps500e are bass queens anyway, at least in the grado world. Some people take stuff too seriously. I couldn't care less if someone said 'PS1000E blow the ps500e out of the water in every category, even though I've heard both and prefer the ps500e. I know that people's ear canals are different, tastes vary, and even between the same models a headphones output can vary. Hell, I've had phones where the drivers weren't matched and each one (R and L) had different freq responses. Actually read a similar post before(ps500 vs 1000), and was glad the guy was happy with his purchase and expressing himself freely without complaints.

People need to realize everyone doesn't act, feel, and think act they way they want them to or think they should.

I like the PS500e better than the PS1000e. The later being just too bright for me.

I don't value soundstage (main advantage of PS1000e from a quick demo) in headphones. I think they all lack soundstage (even the hd800 S...).

My ONLY gripe about grado is the lack of sub bass. I have two JL 12" subs in my main system and have gotten used to the low level impact they bring. But that is more of a personal issue and why I will be adding some new headphones soon.

Jul 6, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #32,692 of 66,264

I think you may need a snickers.

Jul 6, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #32,693 of 66,264
Hi again! Thank you guys for the recommendations for the amp. I'll be selling the Aune T1 so I can get a better DAC as soon as possible and then the amp. I'm liking the Modi 2 Uber, it's pretty solid, or the ODAC. I haven't decided that yet.

Another question, even if I can buy, lets say the Darkvoice 336SE, wouldn't that be an improvement over the LD 1+, or should I just stick to the LD 1+ and some nice tubes? Is it really that good of a match between LD 1+ and Grado's?

No, the 336SE is better for high-impedance cans. And also it's not as durable as the I+, with the I+ being a hybrid (using both opamps and tubes) and the 336SE being pure OTL. I bought the I+, upgraded it a lot and so far have been very happy.

Jul 6, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #32,694 of 66,264

Cheers mates! Everyone here has their own favourite Grado and I'm with you on the PS500e's bass. But the 325e is my MOST favourite Grado of all so I won't say the PS500e eats it alive.

BUT

I sold my 325e 2 days ago. After spending nearly a year with just the 325e alone I was seriously bored with it. Now I'm looking for either the MS2e or the RS1i to fill the gap.

Jul 7, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #32,696 of 66,264
No, the 336SE is better for high-impedance cans. And also it's not as durable as the I+, with the I+ being a hybrid (using both opamps and tubes) and the 336SE being pure OTL. I bought the I+, upgraded it a lot and so far have been very happy.

I think you've convinced me now, I'll get the LD 1+ and the DAC as soon as I can. It's just that I like how big tube amps look haha, but I'll rather go with how they sound and what is better. Thank you so much for the help.

Jul 7, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #32,697 of 66,264
  Cheers mates! Everyone here has their own favourite Grado and I'm with you on the PS500e's bass. But the 325e is my MOST favourite Grado of all so I won't say the PS500e eats it alive.

BUT

I sold my 325e 2 days ago. After spending nearly a year with just the 325e alone I was seriously bored with it. Now I'm looking for either the MS2e or the RS1i to fill the gap.

so you currently have no headphones?
eek.gif
 or just no Grado headphone?
biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #32,698 of 66,264
I've still got my iGrado (well, at least the cups). And akg k7xx, AT ad2000x, sennheiser hd540 as well.

Seriously looking into this Turbulent but not sure if I'll like it :frowning2:
https://sg.carousell.com/p/48210203/?rank=13

Jul 7, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #32,699 of 66,264
  I've still got my iGrado (well, at least the cups). And akg k7xx, AT ad2000x, sennheiser hd540 as well.

Seriously looking into this Turbulent but not sure if I'll like it :frowning2:
https://sg.carousell.com/p/48210203/?rank=13

I tried the link but no pictures come up
frown.gif

But if its like this:

Turbulent cups and head pad, currently have SR-60i drivers in them, just got the Ypsilon drivers so will be changing them out either today or tomorrow.

Jul 7, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #32,700 of 66,264
Actually it's like this

These are the components of the headphones: Drivers: Turbulent X Cups: Full length wooden cups Frame: Martin Custom Audio Aluminum Gimbal and Rodblocks Headband: Plussound Audio Leather Headband] Cable: Stranded 7N UPOCC Copper from Live Acoustic with Plussound splitter Plug: 4 pin XLR male

Too bad I don't have any point of reference like for this one. So I don't know if I'll like the rs1i more or this one more

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back