Grado Fan Club!
Jun 5, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #32,176 of 65,679
  Anyone have got the m9xx here? Will it pair nicely with the GS1k or PS1k?

I have the Grace m9xx with PS500e / G-cush and it is incredible.  Previous amp was a Nuforce HD and the m9xx is a huge improvement in providing a natural, powerful and noise-free sound with its low output impedance.  Even the lower power USB-only mode has plenty of power for Grados.

Jun 5, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #32,177 of 65,679
Can't ask for more than this, right?
Also, none of my cushions never disintegrated either.

From all the headphones I ever had only the Grados are no longer functional and I do take care of my stuff. I've spent a lot of money on various gadgets and technological products and the only money I consider a complete waste was for Grados, particularly the RS1 I bought while in London at the exorbitant price that Grado demands from European resellers to impose. I cannot believe that the company has the ability to build quality drivers but it is unable to construct a proper headband with proper materials! I am sure that if they cared they could invest some of their huge profit margins to improve their facilities. It is simply a family-owned business trying to make huge profits, particularly by its pricing policy in Europe which is ridiculous. I now live in Germany and for the price of an average Grado I can buy e.g. a great Beyerdynamic (made in Germany) set of headphones that not only have superb sound quality but an excellent built to last a lifetime.

Jun 5, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #32,178 of 65,679
 I now live in Germany and for the price of an average Grado I can buy e.g. a great Beyerdynamic (made in Germany) set of headphones that not only have superb sound quality but an excellent built to last a lifetime.

This is the "Grado Fan Club" thread…not the "Grado Bashing" thread…so you should definitely do the above and enjoy them. 
beerchug.gif

Jun 5, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #32,179 of 65,679
To compare prices in Europe and US is difficult. We here in Germany have 19% tax on our goods, in the US you have 2-3% State tax if I remember right. Also the Dollar compared to the Euro is strong at the moment. I think that leads to the price difference.
About the quality I also cannot complain withe my 5 Grados. I have seen some bad pictures about the build quality. Mine are ok, and also my 8 years old was pretty good, no problems with the plastics.

I am happy with the Grado universe...it's all about the sound

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Jun 6, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #32,182 of 65,679
I've had quite a few Grados for about 15 years and never had them break on me. (One pair was delivered new with a detached earpiece, but they replaced it with a new headphone and that was that.)
I have 5 Grados now, including an old button-RS1, and all are still in perfect condition with no physical or other problems.
Yep, the earpieces slide on their own, but that can be a positive vs. the headphones with positive click positions that are too hard to adjust, so I kind of prefer the Grado continuous-slider (which also allows an exact fit).
(I actually like the Stax SR007 elastic self-adjusting mechanism a lot, too.)

Jun 6, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #32,184 of 65,679
To compare prices in Europe and US is difficult. We here in Germany have 19% tax on our goods, in the US you have 2-3% State tax if I remember right. Also the Dollar compared to the Euro is strong at the moment. I think that leads to the price difference.

The VAT tax is certainly a factor but non-European companies tend to adjust the price of their products for the European market so that when the tax is added the price difference with the rest of the world is not huge. However, the most important factor is the fact that Grado does not allow US resellers to sell its headphones outside the US and therefore the European resellers take advantage of this lack of competition to charge as much as they want knowing very well that they are the only sellers available to European customers.

Jun 6, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #32,185 of 65,679
I am sorry that you had bad experience with Grado. I think the QC is one of their weak issues though some german companies like beyerdynamic seems to have also issues sometimes. For the price: Yes, it is strange but same thing applies to many things. When I go here in Paris to a english book shop and look at the prices. This is not the exchange rate they apply... for grado there is always Alessandro. I have a modded MS-Pro and this is a great headphone. My oldest Grado is the HF-1 that I bought second hand. I guess I was lucky because I had so far no qulity problems with any of mine....

Jun 6, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #32,186 of 65,679
Hello everyone I'm new in this forum, I have sr225e and ask you some advice:
1) since the 225 have a cold pa sound like, what do you recommend dap for not having a fatiguing sound and sharp?
2) do you recommend some very simple mod to be implemented to improve the sound.
Thank you.

Jun 6, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #32,187 of 65,679
i agree build quality isn't top notch but its supposed to be used mostly at home anyway and certainly not outdoor activities (unless you get the eGrado).

However this same build that made Grados a modders dream headphone..so many modding option available that will completely transform you headphone.

anyway..as long your getting the Grado sound experience..nothing else matters.( but it would be nice if we got better build
rolleyes.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back