Grado Fan Club!
Oct 16, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #28,546 of 65,634
Having a magical moment with my new PS1000e, IFI Retro 50 (not new) and the stunning Fink album "Fink Meets the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra". PS1000e is well beyond my wildest dreams of musicality in a headphone.

Oct 16, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #28,547 of 65,634

I may have a MadEar+HD for sale, soon.......or I may be open to trade towards RS1..or RS2e with brown headband....or toward a nice pair of GEC, or Osram or,Marconi 6AS7G tubes  
biggrin.gif

How about a cat? Will you trade it for a cat? Or if not, then TWO cats? I will email them to you so you don't have shipping fees or shipping delays.

PLEEEASSEEE?

eek.gif

Oh.....lord no!

I hate cats  
very_evil_smiley.gif

Maybe I would go for a cute little puppy, though.

Oct 16, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #28,548 of 65,634

eek.gif

Oh.....lord no!

I hate cats  
very_evil_smiley.gif

i got four dogs, you could have your pick !  
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #28,549 of 65,634

eek.gif

Oh.....lord no!

I hate cats  
very_evil_smiley.gif

i got four dogs, you could have your pick !  
biggrin.gif

I like the ones that just want to give you kisses all the time, and not to big or to small...maybe 25 pounds.

If you want the Mad Ear...let me know...we can work something out....cept i have already sold all of the good tubes to help fund my 6/12/25 SN7 addiction 
tongue.gif

Oct 16, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #28,550 of 65,634
I have some Grados(great headphones, btw) that need to be recabled. I have never soldered before. How would I approach this?

It's not that difficult, simply go out and rent an ARC welding machine, with a few 1/8'', 7018 rods, set the machine at 225 amps. Take your time, and you shouldn't have any problems, I mean, what's the worst that can happend?....ok so, your headphones might get destroyed, simply buy a new pair, and try again with a lower amperage, say 200 or so.

Oh!, and don't forget to get the helmet and protective gloves, safety first.

Oct 16, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #28,551 of 65,634
I have some Grados(great headphones, btw) that need to be recabled. I have never soldered before. How would I approach this?

There is a wealth of info on youtube and the rest of the internet teaching you how to solder. Learn how and practice alot on scrap before you tackle the real project. You will be glad you did, and will save money in the future.

Oct 16, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #28,552 of 65,634
  I like the ones that just want to give you kisses all the time, and not to big or to small...maybe 25 pounds.

If you want the Mad Ear...let me know...we can work something out....cept i have already sold all of the good tubes to help fund my 6/12/25 SN7 addiction 
tongue.gif

nah, i'd have to put it on account, on account i got no money ! 

and i like the h10 juuuuuuuuust fine

Oct 16, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #28,553 of 65,634

eek.gif

Oh.....lord no!

I hate cats  
very_evil_smiley.gif

You say that you hate cats, but have you ever eaten any? I like mine with mushroom sauce, glazed baby carrots. and a glass of white wine.

Relax everybody, I was just kidding...I know that we're not suppose to drink white wine with red meat.
wink.gif

It's not that difficult, simply go out and rent an ARC welding machine, with a few 1/8'', 7018 rods, set the machine at 225 amps. Take your time, and you shouldn't have any problems, I mean, what's the worst that can happend?....ok so, your headphones might get destroyed, simply buy a new pair, and try again with a lower amperage, say 200 or so.

Oh!, and don't forget to get the helmet and protective gloves, safety first.

Don't listen to this idiot. I know for a fact that he is very strongly medicated, wich gives him ridiculous ideas. His meds can also cause a split personnality....no it doesn't...yes it does...no it doesn't!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Anyway, DO NOT use an ARC welder on your headphones, everyone knows that a MIG welder is the way to go.
wink.gif

Oct 16, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #28,555 of 65,634
let's get the weekend kicked off right , with a little jack and dickie !

Oct 16, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #28,556 of 65,634

With a soldering iron! TA-DUN TISSS!!!
Haha, sorry for the lame joke. Youtube is your friend! I believe Turbulent Labs has a how to soldering the cable video. Also lots of soldering for begginers videos, they are very helpful!

Ah, I almost forgot, don't forget to visit the post your Grado mods thead, lots of info and helpful people there.

Oct 16, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #28,557 of 65,634

tongue.gif

nah, i'd have to put it on account, on account i got no money ! 

and i like the h10 juuuuuuuuust fine

OK....Thought I would give you first dibs 
smile.gif

Oct 17, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #28,559 of 65,634

Users who are viewing this thread

Back