Grado Fan Club!
Jul 29, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #26,941 of 65,633
^can't help but think what would've been if they had used the deeper Rs1 type cups. I think it would've enhanced an already quite good headphone!

2X. Yes...would have been nice. Especially for the price their charging. 

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #26,942 of 65,633
Another 2hrs of listening tonight so far with the GH-1 and I'm finding these HP's very musical with a very nice robust tonal balance through out the frequency range. No complaints here so far, and they will only get better! I must say I'm very happily/impressed/surprised with the entire sound quality of the GH-1.

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #26,943 of 65,633
If the GH1 uses deeper Rs1 like cups, I am certain it  will increase the sound-stage and holographic impression by a large margin.  But I think the RS1 will still sound more sharp and precise due to the slightly denser wood material of
Mahogany vs Maple.​
  The Maple certainly brings a very warm signature to the music.

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #26,944 of 65,633
Another 2hrs of listening tonight so far with the GH-1 and I'm finding these HP's very musical with a very nice robust tonal balance through out the frequency range. No complaints here so far, and they will only get better! I must say I'm very happily/impressed/surprised with the entire sound quality of the GH-1.

Joseph do you share similar thoughts/opinions like headfi mono comparing the rs1i v the gh1?

Stacker45 congratutz...
Love the cat photo..can't wait for your impressions..
Here pussi pussi...roooooooooow..LoL
:)

@Donlin apologies for missing the commentary regarding ps500e v gh1.

Jul 30, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #26,945 of 65,633
Joseph do you share similar thoughts/opinions like headfi mono comparing the rs1i v the gh1?

I've only switched between the GH-1/RS1i's for one track then put the GH-1 back on one time only, and my first thought was that the GH-1 possibly had a warmer/fuller mid-range. I'll post the differences I hear between the two after much more burning-in on the GH-1. Their both going to have different a sound being everything is different as far as the drivers (e/i) and wood (Mahogany/Maple) and the depth of the cups and frequency-ranges. EDIT: On the other hand the RS1i (as of now) has more air/space between the instruments.

Jul 30, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #26,949 of 65,633
GH1 midrange is not recess when compared with other companies' headphones, but I did find that it has less mid range bump than some other Grados.

Jul 30, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #26,950 of 65,633
The GH-1 may have less upper midrange and lower treble spike than the RS2e, but it's has more extended treble.
There is definitely more treble shimmer. The GH-1 extends both ways more in the bass and treble than RS2e. 

Jul 30, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #26,951 of 65,633
^can't help but think what would've been if they had used the deeper Rs1 type cups. I think it would've enhanced an already quite good headphone!

Me thinks we think a lot alike.

Jul 30, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #26,952 of 65,633

Me thinks we think a lot alike.

I'm listening to the Gh-1 right now, and just enjoying the hell outta it right now. I'm having, like @stacker45 says, a "good ear" day, and it's about ******* time! Seriously, I don't know about you guys, but I sure do look forward to these times and just love to listen and enjoy!
o2smile.gif

Jul 30, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #26,954 of 65,633
  I'm listening to the Gh-1 right now, and just enjoying the hell outta it right now. I'm having, like @stacker45 says, a "good ear" day, and it's about ******* time! Seriously, I don't know about you guys, but I sure do look forward to these times and just love to listen and enjoy!
o2smile.gif

bingo ! otherwise, what's the point ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back