Grado Fan Club!
Aug 7, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #17,626 of 65,649
i'm too old and fat to be a scrappin' !! lol
I take my senior discount when I can, so I leave the scrappin', snatching and dashing to my gf who's in her prime.

Aug 7, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #17,627 of 65,649
I take my senior discount when I can, so I leave the scrappin', snatching and dashing to my gf who's in her prime.

i hear ya !
my girlfriend moves a lot faster than i do, plus she looks me in the eye, and i'm 6ft tall !

Aug 7, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #17,629 of 65,649
  Yes there is.
evil_smiley.gif
I've heard an all-tube system where the sound was too thick (for my tastes), dynamics were a tad sluggish, not enough of the fast slam of Solid State.  Not common, I admit.
Thanks for the tip.

Well, the setup I listed above is an all-tube system. Granted, they won't appeal to everyone and won't have the PrAT of a solid state amp, but the warmth and imagery makes it an extremely casual and pleasurable experience. 
L3000.gif

To each his own I suppose.

Aug 7, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #17,631 of 65,649
It looks like 4yourears has pulled all e series grados off of amazon. Is this in response to a higher than average rate of defects and returns?

Amazon is my first choice for buying a pair of grado's, but if they are not available, I wouldn't mind buying from another great vendor.

Aug 7, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #17,632 of 65,649
It looks like 4yourears has pulled all e series grados off of amazon. Is this in response to a higher than average rate of defects and returns?

Amazon is my first choice for buying a pair of grado's, but if they are not available, I wouldn't mind buying from another great vendor.

They sent me a pair of fake L-cushions last week. Something strange is going on. Try TTVJ instead.

Aug 7, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #17,633 of 65,649
Man, what is it with these models and all of the QC issues?  Between Grado and HFM, I'm seriously reconsiderg a few things.

Schiit and Mr. Speakers seem to really have it together.  What's up with my favorite brands though?

Aug 7, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #17,634 of 65,649
Thanks claritas. Hadn't considered TTVJ.

I will probably go with a very low risk route like crutchfield considering the (apparent? real?) QC issues.

Off topic, I was considering the xiaomi pistons IEM's, but there seem to be a lot of counterfeits out there. I'm just striking those off my list altogether.

Aug 7, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #17,636 of 65,649
Off topic, I was considering the xiaomi pistons IEM's, but there seem to be a lot of counterfeits out there. I'm just striking those off my list altogether.

According to joker's review, one reputable seller is "bigbargainsonline" on eBay.

Aug 7, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #17,639 of 65,649
  i'd like to try a new DAC.  What are your recommendations for DACs under $300 that are not too clinical/neutral sounding?

Well I can tell you that I recently bought a Rega DAC from another Head-Fier, and its sound is too analog for me, not clinical in any way, so I switched back to my old faithful Meridian. PM me if you are interested.

Aug 7, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #17,640 of 65,649
Well, with a name like that...

I wouldn't hesitate, because the seller was specifically mentioned by a very knowledgeable reviewer.

I would hesitate for another reason: I really don't have confidence in anything that cheap when it comes to audio. There's no such thing as free lunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back