Grado Fan Club!
Jul 23, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #17,161 of 65,622
yeah, I thought it was a nice video showing a little of the assembly process and the building setup. I thought it was fairly well known amongst Grado fans that some of the major components were built elsewhere but still designed and assembled at the Brooklyn site.

Jul 23, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #17,162 of 65,622

man, i gone for just the first half of the day and 38 post , dayumn ! lol

oh, and my gs1000e's should be here tomorrow !

Yep.  I suspect that if everyone who lurks in this thread, and just checks it out, actually posted, it might be over a hundred posts!  I would love it if we got saturation-bombed- I love to see new folk in the thread.

Yeah, the GS1Ke is the first headphone I ever listened to that made me curious about vinyl or a tube amp...

Jul 23, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #17,163 of 65,622

man, i gone for just the first half of the day and 38 post , dayumn ! lol

oh, and my gs1000e's should be here tomorrow !

Yep.  I suspect that if everyone who lurks in this thread, and just checks it out, actually posted, it might be over a hundred posts!  I would love it if we got saturation-bombed- I love to see new folk in the thread.

Yeah, the GS1Ke is the first headphone I ever listened to that made me curious about vinyl or a tube amp...

its that revealing without being are to listen to isn't it ? you can really head stuff

Jul 23, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #17,164 of 65,622
At retail prices both the RS and GS are cost prohibitive. But there are many good head-fi members who routinely acquire, sell, and yes even reacquire, these fine headphones. You can often find these and other hp's on the buy/sell/trade forum at some very attractive prices from time to time. Even if you can't afford them now it's always good to familarize yourself through audition with different hp's so that when the opportunity presents itself you can buy with confidence.

I bought the PS500s on a whim really. I thought I'd get a taste of high end headphones, could afford and in fact  couldn't resist  them at half price ! I normally set a limit of just £100 for one pair headphones. Only my HD25s cost more than this. So even at the bargain price I got them at  they were by far the most expensive headphones I've ever purchased.

For my £100 limit  there are always a choice of Beyers on Amazon warehouse deals: DT440/ 660 /990pro and DT150s all great headphones in their own right. I happen to absolutely love their sound as well, perfectly balanced for me. Sparkling highs, just the right amount of bass, great detail and instrument separation, an airy and and wide soundstage. Comfortable and great quality. I've used them for years, and they're great value compared to Grados in the UK.
What genre of music do you most listen to?

All sorts really: rock, jazz, classical etc. My particular love is for the progressive rock and other classic rock of the Seventies. I find my Beyerdynamics and to a slightly  lesser extent (with classical) HD25s are perfect for these.I don't rule out a future Grado headphone but maybe would be happy with the new SR125e or SR225e, but for now I'm happy with what I have

I should also say I think the PS500s I received may have been faulty (they we probably a customer return anyway) In addition to a malformed cushion I seemed (or at least convinced myself) to detect a very slight channel imbalance/ driver mismatch. They also suffered from what I suppose is, the 'Grattle'. I have a good amount of hair and every time I put them on there was an annoying buzz or distortion from one or other of the drivers. Sometimes there was a hair on the cushion and other times no obvious cause but a tap on the driver cured it. I also continuously experienced this with my SR80s as well to a lesser degree

I suppose I just prefer my headphones hand made in Germany rather than Brooklyn at the moment.

Jul 23, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #17,165 of 65,622
W.W. i sure i've posted this before, but who cares !!!

Jul 23, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #17,166 of 65,622
I had both Rs1 and ps500s before and surprisingly, sold both and end up liking the alessandro MS2i. It is like the sound is in the middle of those 2 highend. I am selling the Ms2i now here, but to my surprise, no body has interest or want to explore
this other grado version. Still my MS2i is for sale. Switching hobbies to car audio.

Jul 23, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #17,167 of 65,622
Hey crew, selling off my 325is for a good price with a BUNCH of included goodies.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/727931/grado-sr325is-mint-with-adaptor-case-original-box-and-warranty-and-comfy-headband

I was reading recently that apparently Grado checks headphones for quality not only with some rock/blues but also uses a good deal of Ella Fitzgerald music! pretty neat I thought. Gonna go try out a few more Grados in the line; I'll post some impressions comparing the different models if anyone wants.

Happy Listening
beyersmile.png

Jul 23, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #17,168 of 65,622
I had both Rs1 and ps500s before and surprisingly, sold both and end up liking the alessandro MS2i. It is like the sound is in the middle of those 2 highend. I am selling the Ms2i now here, but to my surprise, no body has interest or want to explore
this other grado version. Still my MS2i is for sale. Switching hobbies to car audio.

how much you want ??

Jul 24, 2014 at 3:59 AM Post #17,170 of 65,622
  Hey crew, selling off my 325is for a good price with a BUNCH of included goodies.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/727931/grado-sr325is-mint-with-adaptor-case-original-box-and-warranty-and-comfy-headband

I was reading recently that apparently Grado checks headphones for quality not only with some rock/blues but also uses a good deal of Ella Fitzgerald music! pretty neat I thought. Gonna go try out a few more Grados in the line; I'll post some impressions comparing the different models if anyone wants.

Happy Listening
beyersmile.png

No offense, this is just a FYI, but it's rare for a pair of 325is to sell for more than 180-200 USD on head-fi. 275 is 20 bucks less than a brand new pair...

Jul 24, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #17,171 of 65,622
No offense, this is just a FYI, but it's rare for a pair of 325is to sell for more than 180-200 USD on head-fi. 275 is 20 bucks less than a brand new pair...

It's a reasonable starting price because of the $50 leather case it comes with (assuming that it includes shipping). Good luck.

Jul 24, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #17,172 of 65,622
  W.W. i sure i've posted this before, but who cares !!!

Jay, you can post this every other day if you want....because I can listen to this 24/7

This is just pure magic......I love it....it is my crack cocaine .

Alot of strings being bent in those few minutes.

Excuse me, while I listen again.  
beerchug.gif

Jul 24, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #17,173 of 65,622
It's a reasonable starting price because of the $50 leather case it comes with (assuming that it includes shipping). Good luck.

Once again, I mean no offense, I already have my own pair so I'm not interested either way, but even with a used leather case 275usd is a steep price... Assuming you take the usual 180usd used pricetag, add 40 bucks for the (used) leather case and 20 bucks for shipping, that's around 240usd, which would be a fair starting price especially considering there is now the 325e so the "i" series prices are going to go down even more.

Jul 24, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #17,174 of 65,622
I wouldn't be surprised if that were the end price, but that's not good salesmanship. Let's move on.

Jul 24, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #17,175 of 65,622
My experience selling stuff on here the past few years is that the majority of people don’t care about bundled accessories and value them very, very low in a sale. it’s like, “ooh, that’s a nice case (or extra pads or extra tubes, etc). I’ll give you 2 bucks for it” like it’s a garage sale. the meat of the sale is the headphone. Most people either don’t want the accessories or would like them thrown in for free.

just my experience. I had grado hard carry cases and ended up practically giving them away

Users who are viewing this thread

Back