Grado Fan Club!
Jul 1, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #16,531 of 65,649
Hehehehe...it's because he said "faggotry"...bad karma...

All silliness aside, I would have had an aneurism by now if I were in your shoes...your persistence is to be admired...

Jul 1, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #16,533 of 65,649
PS. Got my hands on a pair of Like New 225i's from AMZ Warehouse for under $100. Using these with the tape mod is just killer for the price.

Oh Grado's how I've missed thee. The past two weeks have been the longest I've gone without Grados since December.

Jul 1, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #16,534 of 65,649
  PS. Got my hands on a pair of Like New 225i's from AMZ Warehouse for under $100. Using these with the tape mod is just killer for the price.

Oh Grado's how I've missed thee. The past two weeks have been the longest I've gone without Grados since December.

Glad you are back in the fold.....You know, once you go Grado, you never go back
biggrin.gif
Looks like you got a great deal.

Jul 1, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #16,535 of 65,649

Dang, that's cheap!  They're pretty killer at twice the price, as well.

Jul 1, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #16,536 of 65,649

I would also like to point out that Grado have the worst quality control of any company I've ever dealt with; and I don't care if this offends any of you. The proof is in the pudding.

That being said -  these headphones have given me a new love for music. And for that, I owe Grado a great deal.

Lee.

Sorry you've had that experience with your Grados.

That said, I currently own five pairs of Grados, and have had no quality issues with any of them. Again, sorry you've had a poor experience getting a good pair.

Jul 1, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #16,537 of 65,649
Looks like i spoke too soon.

Thanks Grado.

I have 3 sets of L-cush and they're all pretty cheesy with a variety of blems here and there. But they sound good and are comfortable enough for me.

Aesthetically, they seem fine on a $100 can, but not on a $700 can. Since I have no perfect hi-fi equipment, I just roll with the Grado faults and still spend many hours listening through them.

Jul 1, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #16,538 of 65,649
Potkettleblack I have owned over 20 chevrolet from a 1946 made in 41 but delivered after the war to my 2013 Traverse and 2013 Sonic Turbo. The sonic gets 41 mpg and is more fun than a barrel of monkeys. The 6 speed manual trany is giving me fits. That doesn't mean I'm giving up on Chevy. If I hadn't stuck with them through good and bad timed I don't think they would have finally come up to par with all the foreign made cars but just like grado headphones rock. This little car has a variable double overhead cam to go with the turbo that rocks me just as much as my 1967 chevelle malibu I got for graduation in 1968. I'm always proud to see people stick with hand made craftmanship like Grado's. Just like I'm pulling my hair out dealing with the tranny on the Sonic. I just can't forget 50 years of pure driving pleasure. By the same token I really believe you just had a very rare batch of bad luck like I have never heard of most likely quite rare. But thanks for your persistence and hopefully you can report how much thosePS500E were worth the effort. And in turn someone new will want to try them and discover what I consider the most awesome listening experienc we can give our ears in this wonderful short life. Not many things in this life rate as highly as good music on Grados. Like all the best things in life it's like cars, food, sight, sound, family, love it's not the cost it's how much we are blessed to be able to enjoy them.

Jul 1, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #16,539 of 65,649
I believe at least a third of all chevys are assembled overseas. Also, even if they are assembled in the U.S., a large percentage of the parts are manufactured overseas.

Chevys are built in the US, Mexico, Canada, South Korea, China, and they buy parts built in Europe, Asia and North America. They are not really American cars as much as they are a mix of US and foreign built parts and US and foreign manufactured cars. Chevy has been heavily subsidized by US taxpayers but continues to increase production offshore (ie jobs go outside of the US).

The point is, loyalty is not always rewarded. As pot has learned the hard way. Personally, there is no way I purchase a 3rd pair of the same product if the first two have proven defective.

Jul 1, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #16,540 of 65,649
Sorry! Didn't mean to start an import discussion. It's almost as bad as talking religion or politics. All I wanted to do was to compare how Chevy will all there faults and definite short comings that I agree with you and don't care to discuss has truly given me years of unforgettable pure enjoyment no matter what sins they commited to stay afloat. Mostly because diehards like myself felt like sticking by them. How do you measure 50 years of pure pleasure my point would only be. They ARE worth it. And so is the GRADO headphones experience. An experience that to me is as special as being at Woodstock. How do you put a dollar sign on that. I agree if they just didn't sound so good! Or for that matter that little Sonic so much fun to drive.!

Jul 1, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #16,541 of 65,649
for anyone who's interested - todd of ttvj has posted photos in the grado e series thread of the new larger drivers that grado is using

ps thanks todd - i feel vindicated :wink:

Jul 1, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #16,542 of 65,649

I tried the S, L and G-cush stock , L-cush with tape mod and L-cush with sock mod. For me, with 325e, the L-cush with tape mod sounds the best. Tight, punchy, articulated and well-controlled bass, tamed but still very detailed and sharp (precise) treble and clear mids.

For SR80i, the L-cush with sock mod brings it much closer to 325e performance. Bass noticeably has more weight , treble doesn't sound plasticky than the stock pads. It is only behind the 325 in terms of slam, grunt and sense of having a fuller sound. But the SR80 for it's price can compete very well with way more expensive headphones.

I heard the RS1e on a stock L-cush pads, it sounded different than 325 but not necessarily better. In fact, 325 sounded more fuller and impactful than RS1e. I wonder how the modded pads can affect the sound on RS1e and higher models.

Jul 1, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #16,543 of 65,649
Wow! that's a big hole you've got there potkettleblack, I guess that what I've heard is true then,  you have to be both, deft AND blind, to work at Grado's quality control, I guess the guide dog missed that one, I hope they'll fire is arse.

Jul 1, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #16,544 of 65,649
JIm, I think your point is completely relevant, and worth discussing. For me, the "buy American" slogan was and is heavily laced with racism. "Buy American" was a code phrase for "don't let the j--- take over America."

Therefore, you can understand why I put no faith or stock in the "buy american" motto at all. I am certainly interested in grado, but the fact that they are U.S produced plays little or no part in it.

Pot's been very faithful and all he's gotten for his troubles are 5 straight defective pair of headphones. I would have stopped at the 2nd pair myself, but I can understand why, given the sound quality, if it is as good as the reviews suggest, would lead him to soldier on to find a good pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back