Grado Fan Club!
Apr 29, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #14,236 of 65,643
  How 'bout tonight at the Rhumba Cafe in Columbus with B3 wizard Tony Monaco?  He will jazz rock your world.
biggrin.gif

love some b3

Apr 29, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #14,237 of 65,643
  How 'bout tonight at the Rhumba Cafe in Columbus with B3 wizard Tony Monaco?  He will jazz rock your world.
biggrin.gif

I am down for it !

no underwear on stage for this old fool !

Congrats on those GS1000's !

I feel like I have said that before 
tongue.gif

Apr 29, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #14,238 of 65,643

I am down for it !

no underwear on stage for this old fool !

Congrats on those GS1000's !

I feel like I have said that before 
tongue.gif

deja vu all over again ??
if i went and got the ps500, i woulda thought, i should have gotten the gs, sooooooo
never should have sold them the first time

Apr 29, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #14,239 of 65,643
ok, i'd never heard of tony monaco, so i searched youtube, and i'm listening to this at the moment :

Apr 29, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #14,240 of 65,643
  Dude, I'll be 51 next month.  You have a ways to go before you can claim middle age.  If you don't qualify for an AARP card, then get in the back of the line, junior...

tongue.gif

Woah, really? I always assumed you were in your 20s!

Apr 29, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #14,241 of 65,643
He can do dat!

Same venue tonight in Columbus but different club name.

Hired him for my birthday in '04, then, retirement party '07.  In Houston!

BTW, B3's can roar.

Apr 29, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #14,242 of 65,643
I sat down at my computer this afternoon to listen to some music and I looked over to see what I had plugged into my Lyr and there was nothing. So I looked up on my desk to see what I had up there and the only phones I had were my 225i. So I plugged them in and listened with those, and I didn't miss a thing. That is what I love about Grado's you can go from the lowest to the highest and they all have that "Grado" sound. I still think I got a really good pair of 225i though, these things are so good it isn't funny, quite a bit better than the pair I gave my son (don't tell him that<G>) I think I just lucked out and got a blueprinted pair by accident, but hey I'll take it. For some odd reason these 225i have probably the best imaging of all my Grado's, I get that 'out-of-head' thing quite often with them.

Apr 29, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #14,243 of 65,643
  I sat down at my computer this afternoon to listen to some music and I looked over to see what I had plugged into my Lyr and there was nothing. So I looked up on my desk to see what I had up there and the only phones I had were my 225i. So I plugged them in and listened with those, and I didn't miss a thing. That is what I love about Grado's you can go from the lowest to the highest and they all have that "Grado" sound. I still think I got a really good pair of 225i though, these things are so good it isn't funny, quite a bit better than the pair I gave my son (don't tell him that<G>) I think I just lucked out and got a blueprinted pair by accident, but hey I'll take it. For some odd reason these 225i have probably the best imaging of all my Grado's, I get that 'out-of-head' thing quite often with them.

Prolly just wired out of phase.
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #14,245 of 65,643

Same here.  I mean, this things stand up to the expensive cans I've had or had, like the Alpha Dogs and the HE-5LE.  Not even the Dogs have dethroned them for all around awesomeness.  Unless there is some DEEP bass or an extrememly good master- then the Dogs rule.

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #14,246 of 65,643
  My parents told me almost 40 years ago that I would "out-grow" my hard rock phase.

Hasn't happened yet.  If anything, my tastes keep getting harder and edgier.  Nothing like Sunn 0))))) to shake things loose.

Good to hear as I'm in my late 40's and still rocking hard. It was actually late 30's and beyond that I got turned on to more extreme music. The only difference is now I also have a growing jazz collection and listen to a lot more diverse music than I did when I wore a younger man's clothes.

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #14,247 of 65,643
Batteling severe Crohn's desiese, I'm sometimes out of comission for days, weeks, or even months, that's why I haven't been active on Head-Fi, for a while.

It had been at least three weeks since I had picked up my PS1000, so, feeling a little bit better, tonight I treated myself to Yanny's Voices, concert DVD, wow!, I have never experienced so many endorphin rushes in a row, the size of the soundstage, the endless decays, the sence of air, and space, between the instruments, the naturelness of the signers's voices, it was just, sublime!.

Chloe, one of the signers, has it all, and I mean, ALL!, she's beautiful, has a great body, she can dance, and, she has a great voice, I still can't believe she was only 21 when the concert was recorded. Look her up, I'm sure you won't be disapointed.

For some reason, while I was watching the concert, I thought about the fact that, for many people, the RS1, are the best that Grado makes. Having breifly owend the RS1', I can certainly understand why so many people love them, now, if I had to describe the two, I'd say that the RS1 are like a scalpel, while the PS1000 are a Swiss knife, WITH, a scalpel!.

Although it occasionnally throws you a curve, life is good, keep on enjoying this wonderful hobby, and most importantly, stay healthy!.

Apr 29, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #14,248 of 65,643

biggrin.gif
  Hell yeah.....go BIG or don't go at all!

I scored today too.......Center stage 5 rows back to see Bonamassa in Youngstown, Ohio Nov.22nd with my son.

Also will be up front Nov.20th in Columbus, Ohio......There is a date for Cincinnatti on Nov. 18th.......if I can just find a way to swing that date it will be the trifecta 
L3000.gif

Nice score for you and your son! Knowing how much you like Bonamassa, hope you get the to see all three shows…enjoy!!! Was out all day at a wake, as well as tomorrow for the funeral, but will look into the MBP playing the FLAC files as soon as I can.

Batteling severe Crohn's desiese, I'm sometimes out of comission for days, weeks, or even months, that's why I haven't been active on Head-Fi, for a while.

It had been at least three weeks since I had picked up my PS1000, so, feeling a little bit better, tonight I treated myself to Yanny's Voices, concert DVD, wow!, I have never experienced so many endorphin rushes in a row, the size of the soundstage, the endless decays, the sence of air, and space, between the instruments, the naturelness of the signers's voices, it was just, sublime!.

Chloe, one of the signers, has it all, and I mean, ALL!, she's beautiful, has a great body, she can dance, and, she has a great voice, I still can't believe she was only 21 when the concert was recorded. Look her up, I'm sure you won't be disapointed.

For some reason, while I was watching the concert, I thought about the fact that, for many people, the RS1, are the best that Grado makes. Having breifly owend the RS1', I can certainly understand why so many people love them, now, if I had to describe the two, I'd say that the RS1 are like a scalpel, while the PS1000 are a Swiss knife, WITH, a scalpel!.

Although it occasionnally throws you a curve, life is good, keep on enjoying this wonderful hobby, and most importantly, stay healthy!.

Sorry to hear about your health issues, feel better soon, and alway keep your head up as I have with having diabetes for 34 yrs…don't let it beat you!!!
You may know I purchased the PS1Ki's, and have been listening to them for about a week now.  I am enjoying them very much so far, but as you know, they seem too need a lot of burn-in. But so far my initial impressions of them are very positive. Enjoy yourself with your music!

Apr 30, 2014 at 5:45 AM Post #14,249 of 65,643

Sorry to hear about your health troubles.

I bet it made you feel so much better to hear you PS1000 again.

Music has a way of making my day better, no matter how bad it has been.

I really hope that you do not have to go three weeks to enjoy them again.

Here is to you, and keep you head up and keep on truckin 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back