Grado Fan Club!
Apr 20, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #13,937 of 65,645
  Thats funny, did you buy them new?
Grados site shows the PS 500 with the (L) cushions…although I don't know when the PS 500 came out, so maybe if yours are an earlier model they came with the (S) cushions at that time. I know the earlier 80's used to come with the (L) cushions…but not anymore.

i can only listen to them with comfies

Apr 21, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #13,939 of 65,645
I actually had a large chunk of free time this evening and got to spend several hours just listening to my RS2i's Doesn't happen very often but it sure is enjoyable when it does. Still noticing a bit of shrillness on certain tracks, same as I had with the 325is so I am hoping it is just because they need more burn-in. The 325is finally settled in and have the smoothest treble I have ever heard. I am hoping these will too.

Apr 21, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #13,940 of 65,645
  I actually had a large chunk of free time this evening and got to spend several hours just listening to my RS2i's Doesn't happen very often but it sure is enjoyable when it does. Still noticing a bit of shrillness on certain tracks, same as I had with the 325is so I am hoping it is just because they need more burn-in. The 325is finally settled in and have the smoothest treble I have ever heard. I am hoping these will too.

I totally agree, I never had an issue with the treble with my 325is's, it is very smooth!

Apr 21, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #13,945 of 65,645
I auditioned all three, owned the PS500 for 30 days and then returned them for the RS1i.  Been thrilled ever since.  Take your time when auditioning and bring your own music and amp if you can.  No matter what you get, you can't go wrong :)  Good Luck and let us know what you decide on.
Quote:
  I really want to listen to the RS1i, RS2i, and PS500, we'll see which of those they actually have in the shop.

Apr 21, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #13,946 of 65,645
I auditioned all three, owned the PS500 for 30 days and then returned them for the RS1i.  Been thrilled ever since.  Take your time when auditioning and bring your own music and amp if you can.  No matter what you get, you can't go wrong :)  Good Luck and let us know what you decide on.

I intend to, the Schiit Modi + Vali won't be too hard to just throw in my backpack. I'm just trying to find a day where I can actually spend a fair deal of time in the shop. Unfortunately with school, my options are pretty limited. 

Apr 22, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #13,947 of 65,645
You should try the 325is too while you are at it unless you already heard it. Problem with auditioning Grado's is they take so long to burn-in and change so much as they do so, it is real hard to get a good "read" on them. I listened to some PS500's a couple months ago in a shop and I HATED them, but some people love them. I have to believe at least part of the problem was they were not burned-in.

Apr 22, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #13,948 of 65,645
I receive the Audio Adviser magazine today, and I see some nice discounts on the Pangea Power Cord AC-14XL (24"/$125.00 U.S.), which I would like to try for my DAC…anyone have any advice on this, or something different? I'm not looking to break the bank, and feel this is a reasonable price, so please don't suggest a $500.00 U.S. power cord, thanks.

Apr 22, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #13,950 of 65,645
  Dude.  Friend.  Buddy.  What do you expect a $125 power cord to do for you?

I understand where you're coming from.
I was never one for believing in better SQ with a better cable/power cord/interconnect…until I tried replacing my generic interconnects with reasonably priced AQ Golden Gate interconnects from my DAC to my amp, and definitely head a  difference for the better from the generic interconnect in the clarity/bass/separation, so I was very pleased I tried it. So I've been reading the threads on power cords, and was just curious to what the thoughts were on this very debate-full  subject.
But like I said, I do hear where you're coming from…but was just curious about power cords.
Also, I have NO issues with any interference noise in my entire system…like I said was mostly curious due to me hearing the difference with the interconnects, thats all. And yes I've read "The 22 Power Cord Shootout, but still asked in this thread, being I'm most familiar/comfortable with most of you here on this thread
So to answer your question, I expected similar results as I had with the interconnect, thats all, not a major OMG can't believe it, I got an entirely new system effect! Lol!!!
BTW, I'm very much on the fence about this…but I also was about the interconnects, so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back