Grado Fan Club!
Apr 14, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #65,402 of 65,586
To Gradostax:

I don’t know if you found this the case but the RS1x was similar to my PS2000e in that they took quite a bit of playtime (burn in) to reach their full potential. Up until then I was not thrilled with its balance. I’m talking over 200 hours, close to 300. Other Head Fi Buddies have experienced the same results. Just play and enjoy (NO TEST TONES PLEASE).

All part of the FUN.
Never heard the ps2000e before so i can't comment . RS1X is a great headphone to me ,especially for its mid range! it just feels more forward sounding than RS2X

Apr 14, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #65,405 of 65,586
That person likes to have a few drinks at the weekend, then they come home late and want to listen to music so they use their Grado headphones, so as not to disturb the neighbours, however as they are a little inebriated they miss the socket for the jack plug a couple of times.

Apr 14, 2024 at 11:57 PM Post #65,407 of 65,586
Apr 15, 2024 at 1:50 AM Post #65,408 of 65,586
You would be amazed at how well RA-1 and RS-1 "button" gel in bringing great sound! .... nothing ventured, nothing ....
I am bidding for it but I wonder if the ra1 PSU accepts 230v

Apr 15, 2024 at 3:52 AM Post #65,409 of 65,586
I am bidding for it but I wonder if the ra1 PSU accepts 230v
I suggest you call Grado. Should be a simple question to get an answer to. It could have been a supply issue if there were more than one motor used for world wide That amp was sold in other markets. Worst case a reasonably priced step down transformer would take care of that. If you win the bid I think you’ll be very happy. As Jonathan C has mentioned he likes the combo quite a bit and it is very compact to boot. I have had the amp for years and it still is a good sonic match to most if not all Grado headphones. Very enjoyable and fun,

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 4:38 AM Post #65,410 of 65,586
I suggest you call Grado. Should be a simple question to get an answer to. It could have been a supply issue if there were more than one motor used for world wide That amp was sold in other markets. Worst case a reasonably priced step down transformer would take care of that. If you win the bid I think you’ll be very happy. As Jonathan C has mentioned he likes the combo quite a bit and it is very compact to boot. I have had the amp for years and it still is a good sonic match to most if not all Grado headphones. Very enjoyable and fun,
When i just joined headfi , around late 2004 ( under different profile) , this amp was badly trashed by many for having cheap parts. Only a handful like zanith (if i remember correctly) praised it for being a good match with grado.
Now I want to get one just for collecting as it's getting rare in the market now.

Another amp that was trashed during that time is creek obh 11 se.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 5:27 AM Post #65,411 of 65,586
Yesterday when I came home from my mother's house I decided suddenly to start with the Beautiful audio adapter fir the GS3000x. I thought I was ready to start without the manual. I thought I had memorised everything. Unfortunately I have cut the headphone cable 0,5 cm too short!

But fortunately I was able to get it done right despite the cable shortness !

Pictures are coming later. And I still need to shorten the gimbal so it fits the cable adapter.

Apr 15, 2024 at 11:31 AM Post #65,415 of 65,586
I don't see many people talk about the cheapest grados, (SR80x, SR60x) how do they compare against the more expensive grados? (SR225x, SR325x)
The 60 and 80 are the gateway... I still like my SR60e, I just like my other Grados more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back