Grado Fan Club!
Dec 4, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #63,346 of 65,663
Yeah. I've played with some third party pads before settling on the f pads for my RS1x. The Dekoni Velours are super comfortable but the f pads just sound better and more detailed. That said, with my glasses, I can usually only listen for an hour or two with the f pads on before I need to take a break.
Don't forget to try moving them up and down... I wear f pads lower on the ear than other Grado pads for better clarity.

Dec 4, 2023 at 6:05 PM Post #63,347 of 65,663
Don't forget to try moving them up and down... I wear f pads lower on the ear than other Grado pads for better clarity.
I've played around with positioning a lot. Not a lot much I can do for comfort with the f pads. With the others I agree that going lower or higher can change the sound a bit but with the Velours I'm using, no matter what I do, I don't get as much clarity as I do with the f pads. I did just put them on again after this discussion and they do sound better than I remember. So I think I'll keep them on for a bit and see how I like them over a few days.

Dec 4, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #63,349 of 65,663
Hi there , just spotted these on UK site, anybody tried them yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-04-23-48-27-381.jpeg
    Screenshot_2023-12-04-23-48-27-381.jpeg
    304.2 KB · Views: 0
Dec 5, 2023 at 12:04 AM Post #63,350 of 65,663
A few years ago, I made the mistake of selling my GH1. Despite being very happy with the sound quality, I reached a point where the discomfort caused by the L pads became unbearable. (These days, I just can't tolerate L pads on any pair of Grados.) I also recall experimenting with the G pads on the GH1, but it didn't turn out to be a great combination for my tastes, especially for someone like me who enjoys listening to rock and metal. Last week, luck was on my side, and I managed to grab a pair of GH1 in excellent condition. Always wanted to give the F pads a shot with the GH1, and damn, they're hitting the spot! I've been after that specific sound with the RS2x and F pads, but unfortunately, the RS2x loses its magical top end with those pads.
Congratulations on the your reunion with the GH1.
I clearly remember buying my GH1 as soon as they came and replying "Grado really hit it out of the park this time" which still holds true for me.
I still have my original GH1 and they're not going anywhere--even sold my RS1i over the GH1 as well as the GH2--but I do prefer both with the G cushions. Enjoy--excellent headphone!

Dec 5, 2023 at 1:00 AM Post #63,351 of 65,663
Although I've never had the opportunity to hear the 325 you have pictured--I've always loved their cylindrical shaped cups.

PS: the original 325 was black aluminum with shorter cylindrical shaped cups and black star drivers.
EDIT: I've owned my 325is for ~10yrs and love their raw Grado sound!
Curious which pads you have on your 325is? And which model do your reach for most for ROCK!!! Thanks

Dec 5, 2023 at 1:59 AM Post #63,352 of 65,663
Curious which pads you have on your 325is? And which model do your reach for most for ROCK!!! Thanks
I have OEM Grado L cushions which is what came on this model from Grado. I only use Grado cushion--no aftermarkets for me.
When I want to listen to Rock (Grunge in my case) I reach for my 325is because of its raw sound.

Dec 5, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #63,353 of 65,663
I have OEM Grado L cushions which is what came on this model from Grado. I only use Grado cushion--no aftermarkets for me.
When I want to listen to Rock (Grunge in my case) I reach for my 325is because of its raw sound.
I have always used the OEM Grado L pads as well - until recently experimenting with the Grado F flats - I must say I’m quite impressed!! What are your thoughts on the new 325x vs the 325is? Cheers

Dec 5, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #63,354 of 65,663
Congratulations on the your reunion with the GH1.
I clearly remember buying my GH1 as soon as they came and replying "Grado really hit it out of the park this time" which still holds true for me.
I still have my original GH1 and they're not going anywhere--even sold my RS1i over the GH1 as well as the GH2--but I do prefer both with the G cushions. Enjoy--excellent headphone!

Thanks Joseph! I also picked up the GH1 a few weeks after its release, but I made the mistake of selling them. I look back and wonder what I was thinking. I've got the GH1 paired with the new Schiit Magni Unity at the office, and honestly, I'm almost worried I won't want to leave early.

TFZAnwf.jpg

Dec 5, 2023 at 11:03 PM Post #63,359 of 65,663
I have always used the OEM Grado L pads as well - until recently experimenting with the Grado F flats - I must say I’m quite impressed!! What are your thoughts on the new 325x vs the 325is? Cheers
Unfortunately, I haven't heard the 325x.
I've tried TTVJ Flats ~2-3 times and sold them each time.
Bought them again and they're sitting in my drawer--guess I'm just not a fan of them.

I'm almost worried I won't want to leave early.
Good one!

Dec 6, 2023 at 12:29 AM Post #63,360 of 65,663
My Christmas present came today. I would love to sneak a listen but that would put me on the naughty list.IMG_1719.JPG
Only for a day …. there are still eleven more 😜

Users who are viewing this thread

Back