Grado Fan Club!
Nov 18, 2023 at 8:26 PM Post #63,256 of 65,774
I've been ready to pull the trigger on the RS2x's for Xmas. Lately I've been thinking about the Hemps. Stay the course with the RS2x's?
Unequivocally

Nov 18, 2023 at 9:45 PM Post #63,258 of 65,774
I've been ready to pull the trigger on the RS2x's for Xmas. Lately I've been thinking about the Hemps. Stay the course with the RS2x's?

I believe my RS2x is fully break in now since it's sounds amazing with everything. It took some time, around 6 months of normal listening. The super tight first impression is gone, now a pinch of looseness makes it perfect. But even so I enjoy it all this time because it really and still surprise me it's ability. Always showing something new. I'm super fan. But it really took some time to break in, at first the super lean and tight sound almost wrong. It's a crazy beast. So much personality. Grado is so unique.

Nov 18, 2023 at 9:49 PM Post #63,259 of 65,774
Hi all,
So ive been through Audeze Lcd5, Zmf top lines twice, yes expensive journey.
So im very impressed with Rs1x, and now im wanting a second Grado.
So, I'm asking should I go Rs1e or Rs2x to complement?
All help appreciated

Try to listen the SR325x. It's very different from the R series. I own the 325x and RS2x and love to rotate with them. I get tired more easily with the 325x but somedays I really like it's darker, warmer, heavier and punchy signature. Very pleasing tonal balance.

Nov 18, 2023 at 9:54 PM Post #63,260 of 65,774
"Review" of the SR80x after 150 hours of "burn in"

As mentioned before it sounded quite mundane like a Sony at the beginning. Not bad per se but nothing really special with some hints of Grado.

Now after 150 hours things have improved considerably. It can be used with S pads or L pads. Not surprisingly the S pads give a little more bass which sounds slightly unclean/bloated and less treble. With L pads the treble has the Grado signature but bass is leaner but still strong enough.

For the price the SR80x are pretty great, comparable to the SR60e and SR80e although i remember those sounded a little more special/endearing. That is because of the bloated bass of the 80x i guess. Compared to my SR325e they sound quite similar with a little less bass volume and are overall slightly less detailed/precise. But that's to be expected.

Overall the SR80x did nothing better than any of my other Grados (look in my signature). They are a good starting point if you want to dip into the Grado sound for little money.

If you have the money and you can find one get a GH2 or RS1 button. Those still stood out in my tests today. The GH2 has an instant feel good sound and the RS1 button is the only Grado i know that does well at bass, mids and treble.

I still appreciate so much my 80e and 80x even having higher models. The E is so crunchy and dirty and the X so clean, light and open sound.

This make me understand why some many people here have so many Grados. I think I'm heading in this direction. Happily.

Nov 18, 2023 at 10:24 PM Post #63,261 of 65,774
I missed saying i own Rs1x already, so do u think still Rs2x as a secondary hphone overcrhe Rs1e???
I don't have RS1x, but those that have both seem to say they are different.

RS1x is reportedly better up top but lacking in bass.

RS2x has great clean bass and is a bit more relaxed compared to RS1x but still have good top end otherwise.

Nov 20, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #63,264 of 65,774
Little office setup for today, SR80i + iFi Hip DAC 3

PXL_20231120_083948784.jpg

Nov 20, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #63,265 of 65,774
I don't have RS1x, but those that have both seem to say they are different.

RS1x is reportedly better up top but lacking in bass.

RS2x has great clean bass and is a bit more relaxed compared to RS1x but still have good top end otherwise.
If the RS1x and the RS2x had a child would it be named Hemp. :darthsmile: I'm halfway kidding here but I recently purchased the Hemp, and the the RS1x. I know not one headphone can do it all, and I do enjoy the different sound of the Hemp and the RS1x. I can help but wondering if there is a high end Grado that blends the best attributes of the Grado line?

Don't get me wrong I do like variety of sound from all of my headphones.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #63,267 of 65,774
Ok so no one can answer me, im not near a retail store, like 5 hrs awY, socwas hoping.
Hi looks like you already have a decent enough grado . So how about either going for a top end GS type . Or even a decent closed back for different occasion.

Nov 20, 2023 at 9:18 PM Post #63,269 of 65,774
Ok so no one can answer me, im not near a retail store, like 5 hrs awY, socwas hoping.
Sorry just got home... I purchased an RS2x and couldn't be happier... Almost a year now. Liked the idea of new and breaking in myself.

Nov 20, 2023 at 9:40 PM Post #63,270 of 65,774
the scent of new wood Grado is simply therapeutic. Burning in improves sound but the scent starts to fade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back