Grado Fan Club!
Aug 3, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #61,936 of 66,258
Would be intresting to know which X-driver is there...I don't think the 52mm GS3000x driver fits there, the two 50mm X drivers I know of are in the RS1x and the GS1000x. Somehow I doubt a whole new diver was developed for this non-existing product.

I also think it will be sold out without these information.

Rich Grado pops on the facebook group - Grado Headphones Club from time to time with these offers. He did the same I think for the PS500 with x drivers not too long ago. I think maybe they are developing the next gen stuff. Here was more info that he provided.

1691096132646.png

Aug 3, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #61,937 of 66,258
Yes, there’s something about them with electronica… the two I now own offer clear and structured bass (could go deeper of course), and give a very engaging performance. They need a bit more level to become alive though, and that level also depends on the pads used: F is the most direct (though I like them on the Hemp only), L is a bit more distant and wants a bit more input, with the G needing even more.

I’ll play around with the G pads on the GH2 a bit more, the additional space is interesting. My local shop is also looking into getting those nice pads from New Zealand… I like that it’s so easy to switch pads, changing the sound signature a bit.

I only listen to classical music now but do still like some of the vintage synthesizer music like tangerine dream and especially Klaus Schulze which is essentially classical in nature. Here are my findings with the Hemp with stock pads. They are just revealing enough to show weaknesses in the recordings and bad mastering while being enjoyable enough even with lesser recordings. I find with f pads some days I can have them on all day, I have heard about good results with hemp and g pad. But I like my music easily driven by portable sources. I have yet to try the G. Kind of leaning toward trying them first with the 1000x maybe.

Aug 3, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #61,938 of 66,258
Yes, I really Iike the GH2. Both it’s sound and it’s looks…
I took the opportunity of my todays visit to the shop to again compare against the RS2-X and the RS1-X. While the RS2-X is ok overall, I still preferred the GH2 with slightly less treble and a bit more bass. The RS1-X went even more in the same direction, leaving usable territory for me (I mostly listen to electronica, especially deep house and vocal house).

For both the cable was cumbersome. I don’t really have a problem with the fact that the cables are fixed, they seem robust and not prone to breaking. Yet the handling of the newer cables is… really bad. Much too stiff. The older ones were much better…

The model with the G cups was the RS2e btw
Those RS1X'S are beautiful. Here in Canada they are $1,000.00 and the other one I like (GS3000X's) are $2,500.00.

I like 'em but... :smile:

Aug 3, 2023 at 8:21 PM Post #61,940 of 66,258
I remember thinking about my impressions of the rs1e and it could be my end game headphone. If rs1x would be at least as good of fit for me I may consider it sometime. I have heard both sides of the story that rs1x is bright and someone else said they were very tame in the highs. I guess this all depends how sensitive to treble you are but rs1e’s were really nice. A beautiful headphone. As close to perfect as I’ve come across, but only my opinion.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #61,945 of 66,258
Got to say I'm very disappointed in the GR8. The last couple days I thought the were great. Mainly been listening to folk and old pop rock, Fleetwood Mac, Bob Dylan etc and they excel at that. However putting on some Michael Jackson, R Kelly and Whitney Houston, the distortion is unfathomable. And these were sealed, brand new. Tried with a dragonfly from my laptop and fiio ka1 through my iPhone in case it was the source. Same result. Pulled the trigger on ige3, see what they're like if not then it's back to the gt220. Sound fine but iOS only does aac.

Aug 4, 2023 at 5:53 PM Post #61,946 of 66,258
I remember thinking about my impressions of the rs1e and it could be my end game headphone. If rs1x would be at least as good of fit for me I may consider it sometime. I have heard both sides of the story that rs1x is bright and someone else said they were very tame in the highs. I guess this all depends how sensitive to treble you are but rs1e’s were really nice. A beautiful headphone. As close to perfect as I’ve come across, but only my opinion.
The RS1x blew my ears. You really have to turn them to the max to get any sort of bass texture and definition which is fantastic but then the highs are so loud, drown out the mids, instrument separation falls apart and they pierce right through your skull. And I like my music at a fairly loud volume. RS1e weren't half as harsh at louder volumes.

Aug 4, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #61,947 of 66,258
So I picked up one of my SR-60, which were kept in prime condition, but a little old.. Always carefully returned to the box after use, and the left side doesn’t work. Not even going to troubleshoot, as even removing the drive is a pain in the A$$.
Anyone know when Grado is going to go with detachable wires???
Whatever…….

Aug 4, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #61,948 of 66,258
So I picked up one of my SR-60, which were kept in prime condition, but a little old.. Always carefully returned to the box after use, and the left side doesn’t work. Not even going to troubleshoot, as even removing the drive is a pain in the A$$.
Anyone know when Grado is going to go with detachable wires???
Whatever…….
Probably never. If you watch Steve Guttenberg touring the Grado HQ on YouTube, they're still using old machinery dating back 50 years. To create detachable cables, as little a thing as it sounds would mean them having to spend money reorganising their setup. New dies for the molding machines and new pieces of metal for the detachable cable mechanisms in the headphone. As long as we all spend money on them (and most here on this forum have spent a lot on Grados) there's no reason to change unless customers really do get sick of the wires and they take a massive dip in sales but I can't see that happening because the sound is great!

Aug 4, 2023 at 8:07 PM Post #61,949 of 66,258
Really thinking about selling or trading my GS3000x as I really do use the GH2 more. Is there anybody with an original button RS1 in good condition they may consider trading?
Very tempting 🤔.
The only 2 Grado's I have ever heard are the RS-1 buttons and the 325x.
The buttons get the most head time of all my collection. They don't have any real weaknesses or annoying frequencies.
They're a comfortable, detailed, but yet very musical headphone that can be worn for hours of enjoyment 🤩 with Flats of course 😉.
Some other's here feel these are some of the best HP'S Grado have ever made. They are getting pretty hard to find.
Good luck. I'd love to hear your opinion on them if you're fortunate enough to get one.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 9:00 PM Post #61,950 of 66,258
Very tempting** 🤔.
The only 2 Grado's I have ever heard are the RS-1 buttons and the 325x.
The buttons get the most head time of all my collection. They don't have any real weaknesses or annoying frequencies.
They're a very comfortable and musical headphone that can be worn for hours of enjoyment 🤩
Some other's here feel these are some of the best HP'S Grado have ever made. They are getting pretty hard to find.
Good luck. I'd love to hear your opinion on them if you're fortunate enough to get one.
** stick with the buttons!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back