Grado Fan Club!
Apr 20, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #60,001 of 66,245
I meant me! :)

Hey Chat GPT, why are Grado headphones so popular yet controversial?

Answer:

Grado headphones are popular for several reasons, including their excellent sound quality, unique design, and high level of craftsmanship. However, they are also controversial for a few reasons.

One reason for their controversy is their open-back design, which allows sound to leak in and out of the headphones. While this design can create a more natural and spacious sound, it can also be a nuisance for those around the listener, and it can also compromise the bass response.

Another reason for their controversy is their high price point. Grado headphones can be quite expensive, especially for their higher-end models, which can cost thousands of dollars. Some people argue that the sound quality is not worth the high cost, while others believe that the build quality and attention to detail justifies the price.

Finally, Grado headphones have been criticized for being uncomfortable to wear for long periods, especially for people with larger heads. The earpads are small and may not fit all ear sizes comfortably, and the headphones may exert too much pressure on the head, leading to discomfort.

Despite these controversies, Grado headphones have a devoted fan base that swears by their sound quality and unique design.
ChatGPT, you ‘sound’ like a term paper that strives to make its word limit … 🤣

Apr 20, 2023 at 7:53 AM Post #60,002 of 66,245
ChatGPT, you ‘sound’ like a term paper that strives to make its word limit … 🤣
reminds me of this, god bless miss south carolina !

Apr 20, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #60,003 of 66,245
Today my wife has gone to her Friends for the weekly eye of newt and cauldron staring afternoon/night.
So I am have a triple classic night just me and the dog.
Grados,8 year single cask malt and Neil Young
IMG_3975.jpg

And the dogs out for the count
IMG_0726.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #60,004 of 66,245
Today my wife has gone to her Friends for the weekly eye of newt and cauldron staring afternoon/night.
IMG_3975.jpg
IMG_0726.JPG
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Apr 20, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #60,005 of 66,245
IMG_3975.jpg
IMG_0726.JPG
Sounds like a near perfect night! :thumbsup:

Apr 20, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #60,007 of 66,245
What does that mean?! :confused: Something like this?
1682012997900.png

Apr 20, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #60,008 of 66,245
Apr 20, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #60,009 of 66,245
What is the safest way to store wooden Grados?

I am thinking about storing each headphone closed inside its own aluminium tool case
(one case for each one wide enough so I don't have to bend the cable much each time I take it out /place it inside keeping the humidity inside the case at around 50% constant) room humidity over here is around 28 % in summer and around 38% during winter...
I want my Grados to last for a long long time without any damage caused by low humidity or unproper care.

Any tips on the storage mainly but also care of woody Grados for longevity?

After using the search after posting this there is this answer: Mineral oil or baby oil basically but that explains the care not the storage.
I just hope that 50% humidity is the right range because I don't know it just came up after wood art storage search on duckduckgo... might or might not be the best range because there is wiring inside maybe a bit lower humidity for the electronics well being too hm.
Is 50% humidity safe for drivers/wires I dont know time for another duckduckgo search then.
Funny how more questions pop up when thinking about this whole situation right?

After another search this came up: Protect electronics from humidity by maintaining a humidity level in your home of between 30 and 50 percent, as recommended by the Environmental Protection Agency.
30% humidity seems nearly half from that recommended 50% humidity with wood art storage.
Time for a compromise of lets say 40% humidity.

Looks like it is 40% humidity then and I better stop here!

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #60,010 of 66,245
I keep all my best phones in hardcases for protection. Good point about humidity, too dry will certainly make a difference. Time to find one of my hygrometers to measure that.

Apr 20, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #60,011 of 66,245
IMG_3975.jpg
IMG_0726.JPG
Enjoying Neil Young’s old solo album, great music & memories.

ENJOY!

Apr 20, 2023 at 5:53 PM Post #60,012 of 66,245
What is the safest way to store wooden Grados?

I am thinking about storing each headphone closed inside its own aluminium tool case
(one case for each one wide enough so I don't have to bend the cable much each time I take it out /place it inside keeping the humidity inside the case at around 50% constant) room humidity over here is around 28 % in summer and around 38% during winter...
I want my Grados to last for a long long time without any damage caused by low humidity or unproper care.

Any tips on the storage mainly but also care of woody Grados for longevity?

After using the search after posting this there is this answer: Mineral oil or baby oil basically but that explains the care not the storage.
I just hope that 50% humidity is the right range because I don't know it just came up after wood art storage search on duckduckgo... might or might not be the best range because there is wiring inside maybe a bit lower humidity for the electronics well being too hm.
Is 50% humidity safe for drivers/wires I dont know time for another duckduckgo search then.
Funny how more questions pop up when thinking about this whole situation right?

After another search this came up: Protect electronics from humidity by maintaining a humidity level in your home of between 30 and 50 percent, as recommended by the Environmental Protection Agency.
30% humidity seems nearly half from that recommended 50% humidity with wood art storage.
Time for a compromise of lets say 40% humidity.

Looks like it is 40% humidity then and I better stop here!
I bought a cabinet to store my headphones. I then put put pieces of carpet on the two shelves. The drawer comes in handy for cables, adapters, pads, etc.

20221010_174334.jpg

Apr 20, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #60,014 of 66,245
reminds me of this, god bless miss south carolina !

My brain hurts just listening to her. I guess that's what the mute button is for. 🤔😁

Apr 20, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #60,015 of 66,245
IMG_3975.jpg
IMG_0726.JPG

Ah the Grado 325x. The 8th wonder of the world. 3rd day with it now and I can't get off my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back