Grado Fan Club!
Aug 8, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #55,546 of 65,714
The ZMF adaptors are a little loose on my 325x's, and they have fallen off a couple of times, but they still work fine. I was just on the ZMF website and they are now selling a smaller Grado adaptor, but it didn't list any info about it. I ordered 1 last night to see.
you are right! I see smaller adapters on their web site. I will order those with Ori pads and see how different they are from Beyer pads.

Aug 8, 2022 at 9:58 PM Post #55,547 of 65,714
How do they compare to PS500e??
To me, the sounds emanating from the GH-2 and the PS500e have quite a few similarities: luscious not exaggerated bass, well sculpted midrange with body, extended and airy treble without etch. The overall tonal balance from each is very similar. I hear slightly broader soundstage with the GH-2 and slightly more focused imaging with PS500e. I also hear a bit more natural decay of notes with the GH-2 versus a somewhat sharper onset of notes (transients) with the PS500e. For this reason, for music dominated by vocals I prefer the GH-2. Let me be clear, both are eminently capable in this regard. So….with my jazz, R&B, blues, funk, disco, some rock library…. I will definitely keep both GH-2 and PS500e.

Aug 8, 2022 at 10:28 PM Post #55,548 of 65,714
To me, the sounds emanating from the GH-2 and the PS500e have quite a few similarities: luscious not exaggerated bass, well sculpted midrange with body, extended and airy treble without etch. The overall tonal balance from each is very similar. I hear slightly broader soundstage with the GH-2 and slightly more focused imaging with PS500e. I also hear a bit more natural decay of notes with the GH-2 versus a somewhat sharper onset of notes (transients) with the PS500e. For this reason, for music dominated by vocals I prefer the GH-2. Let me be clear, both are eminently capable in this regard. So….with my jazz, R&B, blues, funk, disco, some rock library…. I will definitely keep both GH-2 and PS500e.
I am surprised reading your comparison. Although I have never compared them head to head, I tried out the PS500e and really didn't care for them. Of course that was in a one time session of less than an hour. I remember them as being dark and kind of flat compared to my SR325e's. At the time I was looking to avoid the brightness of the 325's, but I thought these went way too far in the opposite direction. Kind of like Beyer T5.2 to T5.3.

I am very biased to the GH2's as they are my oldest 'phones. :smile:

Always interesting reading your thoughts.

Aug 8, 2022 at 10:28 PM Post #55,549 of 65,714
EDIT to post #55,548: all listening has been done with TTVJ Deluxe Flats as the cushions.

Aug 8, 2022 at 10:39 PM Post #55,550 of 65,714
Wow great description of each. As far as I know the price was the same on both, typically you get better performance with the LE's though. Which is better for EDM (house) ? That is all I listen too and some rap. The metal ones have a more extented treble and more bass impact in my experience also which is why I like them more, excluding GH3. I hope this new LE after hemp is tuned a little more warm 2 db with less upper midrange.

Aug 9, 2022 at 12:38 AM Post #55,551 of 65,714
Later, RS-1x gets in on the action…
470B6973-3A0D-4CEA-A152-909F7C0A30F5.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2022 at 1:52 AM Post #55,552 of 65,714
I am surprised reading your comparison. Although I have never compared them head to head, I tried out the PS500e and really didn't care for them. Of course that was in a one time session of less than an hour. I remember them as being dark and kind of flat compared to my SR325e's. At the time I was looking to avoid the brightness of the 325's, but I thought these went way too far in the opposite direction. Kind of like Beyer T5.2 to T5.3.

I am very biased to the GH2's as they are my oldest 'phones. :smile:

Always interesting reading your thoughts.

I haven't heard the GH-2 or any older Grados. But I kind of agree with you. I own the PS500e and I feel like they're a pretty dark headphone. And they're pretty flat compared to my Hemps and RS1x. They're still good, but I found them better for the analog sound coming from a vinyl turntable. I hadn't listened to them in a while as the Hemps became my daily drivers when I got them, but I went back and compared them to my RS1x recently and I liked them more than I remembered. But they're still far from my favorite Grados.

Aug 9, 2022 at 6:28 AM Post #55,553 of 65,714
Just make sure you put them on the correct way. This person put them on backwards. The 'L' and 'R' are supposed to be facing inward.
Yeah I noticed that, mine are on the inside of the 325x's. I guess they thought with the plastic blocks being marked on the outside that's the way to do them.

Aug 9, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #55,554 of 65,714
Aug 9, 2022 at 12:17 PM Post #55,555 of 65,714
Grado, Italy :)

07BE4294-5ABF-49BC-9379-549035695B3B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back