Grado Fan Club!
Apr 25, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #541 of 65,746
they would be the RS-2 ;D

In all seriousness the 325is are god tier, if only i had not herd the RS-2 I would have been just as satisfied...until i herd the RS-2 haha.

Apr 25, 2011 at 6:35 AM Post #542 of 65,746
I love my RS1i's. They're by far the best cans I've heard for vocals. They just sound so incredibly real, it's like you're not even listening to headphones, but the singer is actually sitting on your lap lol.

BTW, out of all the headphones I have, the RS1i has the smoothest treble. Who wouldve thought that?

Apr 25, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #543 of 65,746
Yea I don't listen to people on head-fi anymore after hearing the RS-2, IMO the RS-2 has a smoother trebble and over all responce than the RS-1 but the RS-1 has more detail in it, I just didnt want to spend 200 more for the what I thought was a rather small improement. People on here seem to say that the higher up you go in the Grado line the more harsh they get and thats just not true at all.

Apr 25, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #544 of 65,746
Yea I don't listen to people on head-fi anymore after hearing the RS-2, IMO the RS-2 has a smoother trebble and over all responce than the RS-1 but the RS-1 has more detail in it, I just didnt want to spend 200 more for the what I thought was a rather small improement. People on here seem to say that the higher up you go in the Grado line the more harsh they get and thats just not true at all.

It is true if you go from the SR225i to the SR325is and from the RS1i to the GS1000i IMHO. But from the SR325is to the RS-2i or RS-1i, you are right, things do get smoother.

Apr 26, 2011 at 5:56 AM Post #545 of 65,746

Quote:
I love my RS1i's. They're by far the best cans I've heard for vocals. They just sound so incredibly real, it's like you're not even listening to headphones, but the singer is actually sitting on your lap lol.

BTW, out of all the headphones I have, the RS1i has the smoothest treble. Who wouldve thought that?

and lets not forget the bass! some of the best in the business.. warm, earthy, punchy with no booom! Marvelous.

Apr 26, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #546 of 65,746
No boom? Nine Inch Nails would say other wise.

Apr 26, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #547 of 65,746

Quote:
No boom? Nine Inch Nails would say other wise.

Not sure what mod that is but putting any nails into your drivers your asking for trouble.. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #549 of 65,746

Quote:
Actually, Johnny Cash did some cover songs of Nine Inch Nails before he passed on.  I think he did a pretty good job with the songs.

yip I know the album its as good as anything he done, marvelous!

Apr 26, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #550 of 65,746

i see that here are a lot of greado fans... i have been havin wierd feelings about getting a pair of grados... now... my question is simple.... what is the best from sr60i sr80i sr125i and sr225i?....

all of them are overpriced by a high rate, here in europe.... so i just want to know which one of these has the best music enjoying sound... i do want bass as much as possible, highs to be crisp and vocals be clear.... i listen to music that has lots of instruments, and is very complex... i need the best of the best... 

thank you in advance for helping me...

Apr 26, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #552 of 65,746
no, no i do know that grado is not a basshead option, but from grado headphones, one must have more bass than another.... this is the thing... i want the one that has the much as possible... i do know that i will never get the sony xb700 bass from grado... but i do have cans for bass... i wanted grado just because i heard a lot of good things about them... but if i will miss the most part of bass from a song, probably i will not like that song...

Apr 26, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #553 of 65,746
Might soon have a used uDAC on the way, happy end of semester to me! Now, to see how long I can put off the desire to try out a tube amp like the littledot.

Apr 26, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #554 of 65,746
and lets not forget the bass! some of the best in the business.. warm, earthy, punchy with no booom! Marvelous.

Mid bass...absolutely great for rock...deep bass, sorry you'd better look elsewhere. I've owned both the RS1s and RS1is (and the SR60, SR125, SR225i, SR325is) and performing frequency sweeps with them really shows you the "Grado colouration" (which I liked very much BTW), but deep, powerful and defined bass (20 - 60Hz) was not it's strong suite.

http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/jw/hearing.html

Apr 26, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #555 of 65,746
    All I gotta say is that owning the ms2i really makes listening to my m50 just uninteresting. The only real reason to listen to the m50 is if I just want an  eletronic music session. The sound difference really is there. I also want to say that I never use the ms1 anymore... I guess that means its time to depart with my first ever audiophile grade headphones :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back