Grado Fan Club!
Oct 26, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #5,176 of 65,636
YES! Finally one of you guys used my word "organic"! I'm happy now haha. 

That track sounds friggin AMAZING! I have to give youtube credit...their videos have AMAZING audio quality! If you guys want another great demo, search for Freddy Mercury and Queen's live performances....I think it's the montreal show that will just blow you away with sound quality....I love listening to youtube with phones on, especially Grados! 

I'd rather listen to Queen on CD...:p

But yes, Queen, mmm.

Cat Stevens is amazing through Grados too. You can listen to him through dog turds and he'd still be amazing though....lol

lol.

Oct 26, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #5,177 of 65,636
Quote:
I'd rather listen to Queen on CD...
tongue.gif

But yes, Queen, mmm.

Me too, but I consider Freddy the greatest front man of all time, so I just think it's fun to see him in action....I love seeing that sea of fans there, too. 

That reminds me, I picked up the bluray of the Montreal show but haven't watched it yet....Going to fire it up on the 120" screen and the Maggies....will be glorious!! :)

Oct 26, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #5,178 of 65,636
I like Freddy too! But I am more of an 80's pop...:)
Once in awhile I fired up " The Way We Were ". By Barbara S... ::xf_eek:

Grado is the first expensive headphone I ever bought in my life. I am new to this hobby, and I find that CD quality source is the way to go. I have 3 Ipods , two are dying and one is already 2 years old. I am still thinking if it is worth to invest my time transferring songs from CD to high qualify compression format into my Ipod?

I recall a few days ago that our local Walmart is selling a bunch of CD's for $5 each :D
I wonder If I a Portable CD player is the way to go? I also like to buy an affordable amp.
Is there an amp that can soften the mids/ high and boost the bass? I am currently using an iMac
desktop and uses Itunes/Preamp equalizer with it. I love the Apple setup so far..

Any recommendation? Amp....?

Oct 26, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #5,182 of 65,636
AAC would be fine if you're an Apple person. mp3 will ensure more compatibility with a wider range of devices.

Thanks! Let the ripping begins...:). I will experiment with different compression first, i really do not want to start all over again..

I am liking the Grado 325is now. I am still in a trial period were I can still return it or exchange.

Now I am considering to go RS1i and cancel my Vmoda M-100. What is the benefit of going to RS1i? I know about the original RS1, but it does not have any warranty if I buy one used.

Should I do it?

Oct 26, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #5,183 of 65,636
General question: If I need to replace my Grados for whatever reason (broken/lost/etc), can I be assured their future products will remain consistent in terms of SQ and sound signature?  For example, the earlier Denon series changed their sound completely so once my D2000 wear out over time, it will be difficult, if not impossible, to replace. Call me sentimental or nostalgic, but heck, I'd also prefer the same, minimalist approach to the fit/comfort of the Grados. That's in contrast to what I've said in the past, but I'm enjoying them as-is.  In a world that's changing rapidly, constantly, and arbitrarily at times... I think is great value for a company like Grado that's committed to the same ole good stuff that creates consistent experiences that can be cherished and shared with others over the years - generations in some cases.

Oct 26, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #5,184 of 65,636
General question: If I need to replace my Grados for whatever reason (broken/lost/etc), can I be assured their future products will remain consistent in terms of SQ and sound signature?  For example, the earlier Denon series changed their sound completely so once my D2000 wear out over time, it will be difficult, if not impossible, to replace. Call me sentimental or nostalgic, but heck, I'd also prefer the same, minimalist approach to the fit/comfort. that's in contrast to what I've said in the past, but I'm enjoying them as-is.  In a world that's changing rapidly, constantly, and arbitrarily at times... I think is great value for a company like Grado that's committed to the same ole good stuff that creates consistent experiences that can be cherished and shared with others over the years - generations in some cases.

Well, based on the last 20 years of history, I'm gonna say yes. Consider that the RS-1 has been in continuous production since 1996, and some of the Prestige models even longer. Sure, they make slight changes every few years, but it's nothing like the Denon D7000 to D7100 transition.

Oct 26, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #5,185 of 65,636
Quote:
Cat Stevens is amazing through Grados too. You can listen to him through dog turds and he'd still be amazing though....lol

Since I got my SR225is, I've really been re-enjoying late 60's/70s folk rock artists like Cat Stevens, Jim Croce, Gordon Lightfoot, and Harry Chapin. The Grados are somehow bringing back the magic of how those artists sounded to me for the first time back in the 1970s. I think I'm addicted to these phones 
gs1000.gif

Now if the L-cush were only a little more comfortable. But I have a plan . . . 
wink.gif

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #5,188 of 65,636
Regarding comfort, and after a lot of reading advices, and lots of tests my conclusion are :
- new headband is mandatory (Beyer DT770 one does a great job for cheap), no more pressure on top of the head
- for the earchushs, the easiest solutions were the best !! A slight bend on the headband really release the pressure, and add really more comfort.
I finally tried the wash trick (did it in the washing machine with my wife's underwear 
biggrin.gif
 ), and it adds the final touch of softness.

I can now easily wear my 325is for more than one hour without pain. I think they'll never be as comfortable as my DT880 or D5000, but it's way enough to enjoy
Thanks for all advices

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #5,190 of 65,636
Regarding comfort, and after a lot of reading advices, and lots of tests my conclusion are :
- new headband is mandatory (Beyer DT770 one does a great job for cheap), no more pressure on top of the head
- for the earchushs, the easiest solutions were the best !! A slight bend on the headband really release the pressure, and add really more comfort.
I finally tried the wash trick (did it in the washing machine with my wife's underwear 
biggrin.gif

), and it adds the final touch of softness.

I can now easily wear my 325is for more than one hour without pain. I think they'll never be as comfortable as my DT880 or D5000, but it's way enough to enjoy

Thanks for all advices

I dont know guys, but the stock 325 is very comfortable than my returned Vmoda M80. I have been listening to the 325 for a minimum of 4 hours for the a week now. My head fits pretty comfy when muff are all the way up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back