Grado Fan Club!
Oct 24, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #5,131 of 65,638
Quote:
That McIntosh gear is so amazing you could probably plug it into my butt and make me sing like Pavaratti! 

Wow! However, I would very much like to not see that 
eek.gif

Oct 24, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #5,134 of 65,638
Quote:
I'm so stalking this thread now I've got a pair of V4 Magnums on the way. Serious stalking 
ph34r.gif

p.s. keep typing 
biggrin.gif

very nice!! At some point in between your stalking sessions, be sure to let us know how you like them :)

Oct 24, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #5,135 of 65,638

Grado Pizza Boxes are just plain great, the simplistic design. its just pure genius

Without having to make costs on flashy packaging, imagine how much of a pricedrop it would be if other companies looked at a more simpler design and ease of Material useage

Oct 24, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #5,136 of 65,638
I pre-ordered my V-moda M-100 exclusively to listen to Vocal Trance and some fast heavy bass music.

But my SR325IS shines when I try to relax and listen to this kind of music...(LINK Below)   Nothing can touch Grado when a guitar , a violin , a bass and a smooth voice are all in one song.... 02:05 Orgasmic... 
biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYyP4BCjR6s

Oct 24, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #5,137 of 65,638
Quote:

Grado Pizza Boxes are just plain great, the simplistic design. its just pure genius

Without having to make costs on flashy packaging, imagine how much of a pricedrop it would be if other companies looked at a more simpler design and ease of Material useage

I forget the exact number, but someone way earlier in the thread had posted that Grado hasn't had a price increase on their headphones in like a decade. 

Oct 24, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #5,138 of 65,638
Quote:
I pre-ordered my V-moda M-100 exclusively to listen to Vocal Trance and some fast heavy bass music.

But my SR325IS shines when I try to relax and listen to this kind of music...(LINK Below)   No one can touch Grado when a guitar , violin , bass and a smooth voice are all in one song....  
biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYyP4BCjR6s

Wow, that sounds AMAZING on my SR80s

Oct 24, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #5,140 of 65,638
Quote:
I'm so stalking this thread now I've got a pair of V4 Magnums on the way. Serious stalking 
ph34r.gif

p.s. keep typing 
biggrin.gif

Wood-housed? Aluminum-housed?

I'm very curious myself! I am dying to try wood-housed Magnum V4s. I'm tempted to just pull the trigger.

Btw, I'm trying out a pair of RS2i! They're great! And the aforementioned link to "In My Life"... it sounds amazing on RS2i! Except for one flaw...the sibilance. Hmm. I wonder if this RS2i isn't burned in enough, or if it just has sharp treble. My SR60i with L-Cush doesn't have quite that issue.

Speaking of SR60i... uh yeah, what a value! Honestly, the SR60i with L-Cush pads sounds nearly identical to this $500 RS2i. I'd pin it literally at like 85% the quality of RS2i. That's a great value at $100! That said, I'd probably not buy the RS2i at $500. If I could get a great used priced around $300-350, it'd be worth it to me though. Sounds better than all the Prestige Series models. To me, that 15% sound quality increase is manifest in the increased and oh-so-wonderful soundstage of the RS2i, the better bass extension, the better bass quality, the better defined mids, and the overall superb instrument separation. That's what I notice most, the instrument separation is awesome! I really like this RS2i! But make no doubt, the SR60i with L-Cush pads isn't far behind!

Oct 24, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #5,141 of 65,638
Quote:
Love It!  But, my 325is cannot handle piano keys.... It sounds too sharp (tin can sharp).   How does PS500 handle music with piano?  Like Coldplay or Adele ?

brilliantly especially Adele
beerchug.gif
 since I listen to her more than Coldplay

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #5,142 of 65,638
Quote:
Love It!  But, my 325is cannot handle piano keys.... It sounds too sharp (tin can sharp).   How does PS500 handle music with piano?  Like Coldplay or Adele ?

Hmmm. well recorded piano should not sound 'tinny'. In fact, if there is one thing that sold me on the 325is, was a demo CD with vocals and very natural sounding piano. Maybe send a link of a specific song on Youtube (just to make sure we're loading the exact same media), then we can troubleshoot from there. The PS500 would be an improvement, but if your DAC and/or DAC/amp combo isn't delivering now, the issues may linger no matter what headphone you invest in.

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #5,144 of 65,638
Quote:

The 500s are very balanced to my ears...that's partly why I love them. Im entirely biased, of course, but I'm biased for a reason. Adele actually sounds amazing on my T1s, as well...nice full, balanced sound. They fall just a bit short of the Grados in terms of tonality, though....but yeah, the 500s excel with piano, IMO....I was listening to Billy Joel live on them a while back and it blew me away with how it sounded. I don't listen to Coldplay, but both of the Adele discs I have (19, 21) sound phenomenal. 

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #5,145 of 65,638
Quote:

Hmmm. well recorded piano should not sound 'tinny'. In fact, if there is one thing that sold me on the 325is, was a demo CD with vocals and very natural sounding piano. Maybe send a link of a specific song on Youtube (just to make sure we're loading the exact same media), then we can troubleshoot from there. The PS500 would be an improvement, but if your DAC and/or DAC/amp combo isn't delivering now, the issues may linger no matter what headphone you invest in.

Quote:

The 500s are very balanced to my ears...that's partly why I love them. Im entirely biased, of course, but I'm biased for a reason. Adele actually sounds amazing on my T1s, as well...nice full, balanced sound. They fall just a bit short of the Grados in terms of tonality, though....but yeah, the 500s excel with piano, IMO....I was listening to Billy Joel live on them a while back and it blew me away with how it sounded. I don't listen to Coldplay, but both of the Adele discs I have (19, 21) sound phenomenal. 

I might have found the problem with my 325is,  it could be just the sound source or where the recording was done?  Since the 325is soundstage is more intimate,  here how it sounds on maybe a small recording studio?  I am not impressed yet....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqWLpTKBFcU

And here is the same song with better piano live! Bigger soundstage....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGC9VklBaag

I like it better! Maybe I need to listen to more HD sound?  
biggrin.gif

I love the live one and very nice @ 2:19 when the bass starts....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back