Grado Fan Club!
Mar 1, 2022 at 10:24 PM Post #51,391 of 65,714
I somewhat disagree with this line of reasoning, as it almost argues that Grado can do no wrong. In the entire history of Grado, do you think they have ever come out with a poor model? Every company has its misses. It's just that it's more difficult to determine that with Grado models because the buyers aren't looking for neutrality in the first place. The RS1e and GS2000e got slammed but there are still some fans of them. I hold a minority opinion that I didn't care for the Hemp's stock tuning, but that's because I prefer boosted mids. I suppose that's why everyone just says to go SR60x/RS2x, and if you're interested in anything else, you're on your own when it comes to demos.
I certainly was not meaning to suggest that at all, sorry if it seemed that way.

In my own opinion I never really cared for any of the various SR325 and GS1000 variants. Of course other listeners may find them among the best ever.
The current SR325x is actually the first of that model series that I can enjoy.

The final arbiter is one’s own ears and how you react to hearing any particular brand or model of phone and make your choices.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #51,392 of 65,714
RS-1X prove a headphone could be one hell of fun and at the same time still project nice technicalities in term of detail, speed, and soundstage quality (imaging and pin point).

2022_0228_15182000.jpg

p.s: Finally I've tried RS2x, a bit too bright and thin for my taste. So RS-1X is my true winner this time.

Mar 2, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #51,393 of 65,714
RS-1X prove a headphone could be one hell of fun and at the same time still project nice technicalities in term of detail, speed, and soundstage quality (imaging and pin point).

p.s: Finally I've tried RS2x, a bit too bright and thin for my taste. So RS-1X is my true winner this time.
Do you find the RS-1X bassier?
In a relative term as we are still talking about Grado.:ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #51,396 of 65,714
???…!!!…😳😱: not even free shipping!69DFA8C7-5974-4F0E-BF5F-897875AA97B2.jpeg
Well that's domestic shipping. We would pay 5X the shipping price and then 100% import fees and VAT on (price of headphones + shipping).

So really, that's a screamin' deal :D

Mar 2, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #51,397 of 65,714
Do you find the RS-1X bassier?
In a relative term as we are still talking about Grado.:ksc75smile:
With extended break-in via music, the RS-1x bass deepens, becomes more sinuous, is not ‘light’ or ‘shy’ at all.

Mar 2, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #51,398 of 65,714
With extended break-in via music, the RS-1x bass deepens, becomes more sinuous, is not ‘light’ or ‘shy’ at all.
More so than the RS-2x, or have you heard that one?

Mar 2, 2022 at 6:42 PM Post #51,399 of 65,714
Mar 2, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #51,401 of 65,714
Friends, I`m afraid this is a stupid question, but do you think that make any sense in downgrading in the Grado line? I have the 80e and 325x (which makes me laugh while listening to music because it`s so damn good!). Naturally thinking about planning for the RS2x, but now I felt like trying 60x, just for the fun (and because of the price, and simplicity and humbleness) and to taste something different from Grado. I try not to think in terms of better/worse, but I like different taste. Does this make any sense or I`m getting crazy? :D Thank you!

Mar 2, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #51,402 of 65,714
More so than the RS-2x, or have you heard that one?
I have had more time on the RS1x and agree with Jonathan C. regarding how it evolves. I think the RS2x bass seems more there and lends that to the overall sound so it might seem like more bass. The RS1x does take longer to evolve and results in a better detailed and deeper reaching bass and to me is the more refined and articulate throughout the full spectrum. For me to pick one it has always been the RS1x that I find more satisfying. It might also be more reflective of what amp you are using than the RS2x and scale accordingly. That said, there are plenty of amps that I have found that satisfy and marry well.

The RS2x is still excellent overall and a great choice if you don’t want to spend the extra $200.

Mar 2, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #51,403 of 65,714
Friends, I`m afraid this is a stupid question, but do you think that make any sense in downgrading in the Grado line? I have the 80e and 325x (which makes me laugh while listening to music because it`s so damn good!). Naturally thinking about planning for the RS2x, but now I felt like trying 60x, just for the fun (and because of the price, and simplicity and humbleness) and to taste something different from Grado. I try not to think in terms of better/worse, but I like different taste. Does this make any sense or I`m getting crazy? :D Thank you!
Sort of a case of different seasoning and what you are in the mood for at the time.
There is no such thing as crazy if you are enjoying it. Have FUN.

Mar 2, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #51,404 of 65,714
The good folks in Brooklyn wouldn't make so many models if they didn't want you to try them all :wink:

(I have 18 Grados. But none of the new X series so what am I even doing)

Mar 2, 2022 at 8:29 PM Post #51,405 of 65,714
The good folks in Brooklyn wouldn't make so many models if they didn't want you to try them all :wink:

(I have 18 Grados. But none of the new X series so what am I even doing)
No time ⏰ like the present. 20 sounds like more fun than 18…. 😃

Users who are viewing this thread

Back