Grado Fan Club!
Dec 6, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #49,906 of 65,685
Try to seek dissenting opinion of Amir. and start the process to uncover the truth about him.

What he did over the years is dig is grave deeper and deeper for anyone that has been on the scene for some time now. I see newbies and cheap folkk (who definitely tries to convince themselves that their AKG with EQ sounds just like Utopia). Doesnt matter what you think, the fact remains, Amir is a liar. and I dont trust liars.

I have no personal vandetta against him, but its becoming clear that he has infected a lot of new in the hobby. that kinda piss me off people who prey for the ignorant
He may be a liar, he may be honest in what he does. I don't want to judge his motives. But in the end his analysis is only part of the story.
It paints an incomplete picture. I feel the data is interesting. But mostly just that. There is so much more to what makes good sound and his graphs cannot tell the whole story. So that can be misleading to new people to the hobby. People are dazzled by numbers and graphs.

Dec 6, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #49,907 of 65,685
He may be a liar, he may be honest in what he does. I don't want to judge his motives. But in the end his analysis is only part of the story.
It paints an incomplete picture. I feel the data is interesting. But mostly just that. There is so much more to what makes good sound and his graphs cannot tell the whole story. So that can be misleading to new people to the hobby. People are dazzled by numbers and graphs.
when presented with clear undebatable problems in his measurements method, he doesnt even retract his mistakes. that suggest to me one thing: intelectually dishonesty. He actually sounds like a men child. unable to admit even basic mistakes. Remember when he claimed a speaker couldnt image well but he just audition the pair using a single speaker. what else are we suppose to call this. He shills for JBL/Harman. Are we sure JBL is still owned by American company? oh samsung owns Harman. lol, yeah, Amir just shills for those big techs

exatly, people LOVE to classifie in big tables all the products. People love to have charts and all those THD numbers. they are convinced they have tapped in reality of hifi and all of us lives in fantasy land with our tubes and R2R DAC. Its really ironic, pathetic and false.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #49,908 of 65,685
Do you mean the HD DAC1? If so, yes; though I have just sold it.

That's describes most of the members of a forum run by a well known subjectivity magazine. What? High fi? I see two polar opposites. Amir's disciples in one corner, obsessed with quantitative assessment and possibly missing the point of sheer enjoyment of the music in the overriding pursuit of truth, the opposite in whf who believe data to be heretic. I think most people in this forum are sensibly in between.
Yes :) thats the full name

Dec 6, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #49,909 of 65,685
People are dazzled by numbers and graphs.
No, not everyone is, far from it. It's how you interpret the numbers and graphs. Without both, it would be difficult to design and build pretty much most things, try building a house without a tape measure and see for yourself.

Dec 6, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #49,910 of 65,685
Can we get back on topic?
This is supposed to be about Grado-fan-club!
This is head-fi, not Audio Science Review.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #49,911 of 65,685
Yes :) thats the full name
I wouldn't swap your schiit for it, if that helps? It's a good piece of kit, just a bit big. Typical Marantz, warm and a bit lazy sounding to my ears. I preferred the JDS, especially with Hemp, the pace and attack of percussive instruments is impressive, but some folk may find it a bit overwhelming and fatiguing. The JDS is tiny in comparison, so it's semi portable in that I can easily move it between rooms.

Dec 6, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #49,912 of 65,685
Hi All, as announced a few days back I received the GS1000i today. They really are in mint condition and came with a new pair of original G bought a few weeks ago. Most important: I love how they sound :).
Every time I get tempted by a shiny new GS3000e (which is fortnightly, at a minimum) I pull out my GS1000i for an hour or so and save myself $1800. 😊

Dec 6, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #49,913 of 65,685
Every time I get tempted by a shiny new GS3000e (which is fortnightly, at a minimum) I pull out my GS1000i for an hour or so and save myself $1800. 😊
I only have the GS1000 not the newer versions, I listen to that one and realize why I really love my Grado's, yet I need to listen to other types of headphones, helps give me a perspective, on the kind of cans I really like.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #49,914 of 65,685
The huge earcups on the GS line make it a whole different type of experience for me. I like them for music that is more mellow and relaxing; I'll go with the mid sized on ear models when I want to rock out in the front row.

And I would no more want to use the same headphones all the time than I would want to drink the same beer all the time.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #49,915 of 65,685
The huge earcups on the GS line make it a whole different type of experience for me. I like them for music that is more mellow and relaxing; I'll go with the mid sized on ear models when I want to rock out in the front row.

And I would no more want to use the same headphones all the time than I would want to drink the same beer all the time.
It’s important to roll adult beverages along with rolling headphones / tubes / tunes…😆

Dec 6, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #49,916 of 65,685
I wouldn't swap your schiit for it, if that helps? It's a good piece of kit, just a bit big. Typical Marantz, warm and a bit lazy sounding to my ears. I preferred the JDS, especially with Hemp, the pace and attack of percussive instruments is impressive, but some folk may find it a bit overwhelming and fatiguing. The JDS is tiny in comparison, so it's semi portable in that I can easily move it between rooms.
Thanks. Think I skip it.
A dealer selling a show model for 500€

Dec 6, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #49,917 of 65,685
I only have the GS1000 not the newer versions, I listen to that one and realize why I really love my Grado's, yet I need to listen to other types of headphones, helps give me a perspective, on the kind of cans I really like.
Speaking of perspective…🤪…a newly discovered DTgill twin?…Does he own Grados?…
BD93CE98-2993-4BEC-A4EA-6625809EF85D.jpeg

Dec 6, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #49,918 of 65,685
It does help to listen to other brands / types of headphones. The great ones all have a musically valid signature. For me, the great headphones are: “different seats / tables at the same musical event”. ‘Rolling’ headphones is educational and fun…

Dec 6, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #49,919 of 65,685
Speaking of perspective…🤪…a newly discovered DTgill twin?…Does he own Grados?…
:smile::smile:... LOL that's too funny! If only I had his money... :scream:

Dec 6, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #49,920 of 65,685
:smile::smile:... LOL that's too funny! If only I had his money... :scream:
But he doesn’t have your wall of photos and gear…and certainly does not have that ultimate cooler/keg headphone stand !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back