Grado Fan Club!
May 10, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #47,147 of 65,642
May 10, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #47,149 of 65,642
I will definitely buy a new generation. Why not?

May 10, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #47,150 of 65,642
Maybe another limited edition would tempt me but am very happy with the 2 I currently have. Excited to see and hear of the changes if they do come.

The 'X' may hint at a Drop.com exclusive and not a full range modification possibly.

Last edited:
May 10, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #47,151 of 65,642
Perhaps the Hemp was a test run with the drivers that they'll put in the X series? I hope they're not completely caving in to the vocal crowd who hated all Grados except the Hemp. Some people want and prefer the sparkly treble. We don't want another situation where people bought the RS1e thinking it was an improved RS1i, but got something that sounded way different.

This would also explain why 4ourears has been out of stock of the lower-end E models for quite some time, and how distributors aren't getting more stock. It's because Grado isn't making any more of them and have shifted to X model production. It was a shrewd, but smart move of Grado to not announce this, otherwise they wouldn't have been able to clear their remaining E model inventory.

Oh well, guess I'm buying the GS3000x (or maybe GS4000x if they make it) when it comes out. I don't think that what I have right now can sound much better, but if a newer model can achieve what I prefer without the use of my current EQ, then it'll be my ultimate endgame.

I don't see a GS3000 in this page: https://gradolabs.com/headphone-reviews

Assuming that this is their new lineup.

May 10, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #47,152 of 65,642
May 10, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #47,153 of 65,642
I don't see a GS3000 in this page: https://gradolabs.com/headphone-reviews

Assuming that this is their new lineup.

There’s no GS3000 and no PS2000 there.

That would mean they’ve eliminated their two most expensive models. The $2695 and $1795 headphones are gone, with only a $1395 remaining. And even that is odd, as it’s the only one listed as an ‘’ while the others are all upgraded to ‘x’. The GS2000e is not one of Grado’s more beloved headphones, so perhaps that’s just old stock and they don’t plan to upgrade it?

The point I’m gettin at here is if this list actually is real, I think it makes a lot of sense. Grado has shown that they can offer a lot in the $400-$1000 range but once you go above that, people seem to move to other brands. Grado hasn’t shown that they can make a popular $2000 headphone, so I think it makes sense for them to steer clear of the 2000/3000 series models.

Grado is fantastic in the sub-$100 range and also in the $400-$1000 range. That may be where their greatest focus should lie.

(The one exception to this is the PS1000, which seems to have a new version on the list. I believe that used to go for $1695, but it hasn’t existed for several years, so it would be interesting to seem them bring back this one high-priced headphone while the rest are sub-$1000. I wonder what the PS1000x would offer.)

May 10, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #47,154 of 65,642
New to the thread here. I just bought the Grado Hemp and, after only a few hours total of listening, I'm having an issue with driver/cup rattling or unwanted vibrations in the left ear. This issue is happening on every track and video I've tried, with no issue in the right ear.

I'm so disappointed with the quality control on this. These were so much fun up until this issue started :'(

Anyone else have quality control or sound issues with their hemp?

May 10, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #47,155 of 65,642
There’s no GS3000 and no PS2000 there.

That would mean they’ve eliminated their two most expensive models. The $2695 and $1795 headphones are gone, with only a $1395 remaining. And even that is odd, as it’s the only one listed as an ‘’ while the others are all upgraded to ‘x’. The GS2000e is not one of Grado’s more beloved headphones, so perhaps that’s just old stock and they don’t plan to upgrade it?

The point I’m gettin at here is if this list actually is real, I think it makes a lot of sense. Grado has shown that they can offer a lot in the $400-$1000 range but once you go above that, people seem to move to other brands. Grado hasn’t shown that they can make a popular $2000 headphone, so I think it makes sense for them to steer clear of the 2000/3000 series models.

Grado is fantastic in the sub-$100 range and also in the $400-$1000 range. That may be where their greatest focus should lie.

(The one exception to this is the PS1000, which seems to have a new version on the list. I believe that used to go for $1695, but it hasn’t existed for several years, so it would be interesting to seem them bring back this one high-priced headphone while the rest are sub-$1000. I wonder what the PS1000x would offer.)
The problem that the PS2000e and GS3000e introduced is that they immediately devalued the 'specialness' of the previous flagship XS1000 models. I imagine that Grado is hoping to get people back into that price tier of Grado model, and then perhaps introduce an even higher tier down the line - like they did with the 'e' range.

May 10, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #47,156 of 65,642
New to the thread here. I just bought the Grado Hemp and, after only a few hours total of listening, I'm having an issue with driver/cup rattling or unwanted vibrations in the left ear. This issue is happening on every track and video I've tried, with no issue in the right ear.

I'm so disappointed with the quality control on this. These were so much fun up until this issue started :'(

This is the first report of such an issue I've read in this thread.

I'm sure Grado will take care of you.

May 10, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #47,157 of 65,642

This is the first report of such an issue I've read in this thread.

I'm sure Grado will take care of you.
Weird, I unplugged the headphones, put them back in a few minutes later, and the issue isn't audible anymore. I thought I heard something in a minor amount, but can't be sure.

Trying right now to listen for even a bit of the issue, and it's gone. Weird!

EDIT: NOPE! It's back again. The hell is happening! Literally one track later and I hear an unwanted resonance. It sounds like it's happening during bass tracks...

May 10, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #47,158 of 65,642
The problem that the PS2000e and GS3000e introduced is that they immediately devalued the 'specialness' of the previous flagship XS1000 models. I imagine that Grado is hoping to get people back into that price tier of Grado model, and then perhaps introduce an even higher tier down the line - like they did with the 'e' range.

I think that they need to create something really special if they want to compete at a higher tier. I have always felt that the GS2000 and GS3000 were a souped up GS1000 (I've never heard any of these, so this is what I though and not what I experienced).

I think they need to come up with something special. They need to release something similar to a Spirit Torino -- something that looks modern and sounds great.

May 10, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #47,160 of 65,642

You might be experiencing what people used to refer to as “Grattle” back in the day (aka. Grado rattle).

It’s often caused by a hair getting stuck in the driver.

I’ve never personally experienced it but I remember people used to talk about this phenomenon back when first got into Grado around 2001. Strangely, I haven’t heard about it in years. But maybe it’s still a possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back