Grado Fan Club!
Mar 18, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #46,276 of 66,264
Neat, ZayaReviews just added a whole bunch of Grados to their database.

https://www.zayareviews.com/

I recommend the Grado crowd here add some reviews/ratings over there. That site is looking promising for the headphone world.

(Note: I have no association to that website. I just really like the design and the fact that it was built to be like the RottenTomatoes for headphones. And their database had virtually no Grados since the site is brand new, so I messaged the guy and he just added about half the Grado lineup. This is looking like it could end up being a great headphone resource.)
Had a quick look , can see about 8 grado. But not much info yet . Looks like you can add your own reviews to the headphones .

Mar 18, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #46,278 of 66,264
Neat, ZayaReviews just added a whole bunch of Grados to their database.

https://www.zayareviews.com/

I recommend the Grado crowd here add some reviews/ratings over there. That site is looking promising for the headphone world.

(Note: I have no association to that website. I just really like the design and the fact that it was built to be like the RottenTomatoes for headphones. And their database had virtually no Grados since the site is brand new, so I messaged the guy and he just added about half the Grado lineup. This is looking like it could end up being a great headphone resource.)
Never heard of zayareviews, but looking at it for like 30 seconds leads me to believe that it's a garbage website. Seriously people, rankings like this are absolutely meaningless and arbitrary. Definite thumbs down.

Mar 18, 2021 at 10:23 PM Post #46,279 of 66,264
Never heard of zayareviews, but looking at it for like 30 seconds leads me to believe that it's a garbage website. Seriously people, rankings like this are absolutely meaningless and arbitrary. Definite thumbs down.

The site just came into existence a few weeks ago I believe, so it’ll take a bit of time before each headphone gathers enough reviews to show a representative score.

Imagine if RottenTomatoes or MetaCritic had 5 review for each movie. The scores wouldn’t mean much. When the sample size is too small, the overall score isn’t reflective of the product. You need a larger sample size before you can really get a feel for the quality of a product.

The reason I like ZayaReviews is because the general design is quite nice and intuitive. It seems like a solid base to build upon. So as he continues to add headphones and as each of those headphones get more user reviews from the audiophile community, I think it could turn into an excellent headphone resource in the coming months. It just needs more reviews and I believe the star system needs to be expanded into multiple categories (ie. tone, technical, value, and overall) rather than just one category. I messaged him with that suggestion in another thread.

Mar 18, 2021 at 11:39 PM Post #46,280 of 66,264
Imagine if RottenTomatoes or MetaCritic had 5 review for each movie. The scores wouldn’t mean much. When the sample size is too small, the overall score isn’t reflective of the product. You need a larger sample size before you can really get a feel for the quality of a product.
The advantage of a media review site for video or literature is that the barrier of entry is very low. For many people, it's just the cost of the internet connection as they pirate. The barrier to reviewing headphones is much higher because a greater amount of money must be invested. An aggregate site like Zayareviews may be useful for popular entry-level models, but it won't do much for high-end models at all.

We've seen a lot of gatekeeping in the headphone world, with opinions of a select few having drastic effects on the perception (and probably sales) of certain models. Well, at least it's not like the phono cartridge world where there are hundreds of cartridges that cost over $1000 and nobody knows the difference between any of them.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2021 at 12:08 AM Post #46,281 of 66,264
4ourears currently has the PS2000e B-stock on sale for $1995. Interestingly, you can't buy a regular version of it. Is this a sign of the PS2000e being retired soon?

Mar 19, 2021 at 7:36 AM Post #46,284 of 66,264
The site just came into existence a few weeks ago I believe, so it’ll take a bit of time before each headphone gathers enough reviews to show a representative score.

The reason I like ZayaReviews is because the general design is quite nice and intuitive. It seems like a solid base to build upon. So as he continues to add headphones and as each of those headphones get more user reviews from the audiophile community, I think it could turn into an excellent headphone resource in the coming months. It just needs more reviews and I believe the star system needs to be expanded into multiple categories (ie. tone, technical, value, and overall) rather than just one category. I messaged him with that suggestion in another thread.
Exactly. This site lives and breathes on user input.

Look, I've banged the drum on "quality reviewers" enough in this thread, but I'm also a huge believer in compiled user reviews. If you see a product, see that it's got an average 4 out of 5 score from 150 people, and give a quick skim of what people are saying, that's enormously helpful. You don't need people who are giving deep dives into the products, just quick impressions, because you can stitch together a much clearer picture from all of them put together.

I might disagree that the system needs to be made more complex, because that puts the barrier higher for reviews and would either result in fewer reviews (it's easy to get someone to put in a quick star rating and a paragraph) or a ton more white noise (let's be honest, the wide majority of people can't really assess technicalities). What we need are bigass sample sizes, not trying to grind perfection out of each review. IMO, and this is just my opinion, the conclusion of the review matters more than the minutiae.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #46,285 of 66,264
Or they got a bad batch of cups, so they are selling those as B stock while they get new ones.

That's interesting considering they don't consider this to be an imperfection. Plus there was the whole "Head-F1" thing with the HF2.

Mar 19, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #46,286 of 66,264
GT-220

I have to admit I have skipped most of the 3,000 pages in this thread (have followed the last 100 pages or so). Not sure if there has been a lot of discussion about these. I love these in-ears much more than the Senn Momentum 2, and other assorted in ear. In my mind, if you get a good seal these are a tremendous addition to the Grado lineup. Do you agree that they give us a hint of what a closed back full sized Grado headphone would sound like?

Mar 19, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #46,287 of 66,264
E3B7B1DC-D05C-4984-846B-45DFB7F9A2F0.jpeg

They are home 😍

Mar 19, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #46,288 of 66,264
GT-220

I have to admit I have skipped most of the 3,000 pages in this thread (have followed the last 100 pages or so). Not sure if there has been a lot of discussion about these. I love these in-ears much more than the Senn Momentum 2, and other assorted in ear. In my mind, if you get a good seal these are a tremendous addition to the Grado lineup. Do you agree that they give us a hint of what a closed back full sized Grado headphone would sound like?
TBH I think most of us somewhat "forget" those since they're such a departure in build from the usual! When we think "Grado" we're picturing something really specific, and a sound that feels like it wouldn't lend well to true wireless. Curious what they compare to, sound wise.

Mar 19, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #46,290 of 66,264
Beautiful. You will enjoy them immensely except for when you really need some bass, then just reach for your Hemps.

works great and look good for the age!
are they only produced in 2003?
harder to drive than mine 225E

Users who are viewing this thread

Back