Grado Fan Club!
Mar 12, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #46,081 of 65,639
Does anyone know if there’s a way to identify the white vs black stitching on the Hemp without opening the box? Is there any serial number or identifying characteristic?

I believe someone said earlier that the black stitching was the old run while the more recently manufacturers units have white stitching.

As I mentioned, the place I’m looking to buy from (BBR) doesn’t know what they have, but they believe it’s black, based on their open units.

Is there anything I can do about this or should I just buy this likely-black unit?

Mar 12, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #46,082 of 65,639
Does anyone know if there’s a way to identify the white vs black stitching on the Hemp without opening the box? Is there any serial number or identifying characteristic?

I believe someone said earlier that the black stitching was the old run while the more recently manufacturers units have white stitching.

As I mentioned, the place I’m looking to buy from (BBR) doesn’t know what they have, but they believe it’s black, based on their open units.

Is there anything I can do about this or should I just buy this likely-black unit?
They're the EXACT same other than the stitching. It's literally just that they ran out of thread. There is totally no difference.

Mar 13, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #46,084 of 65,639
LMAO no joke I'd get her something like the RS2e but she isn't quite that into audio?

Let's not kid ourselves, an SR80e is A LOT of good sound quality for someone who is only used to in-ears for 20 bucks or some 50 bucks Sennheisers. No need to open that 80 years old whiskey bottle for someone who just started to enjoy whiskeys.

Mar 13, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #46,085 of 65,639
Anyone know how often the shipibo gear gets restocked? I was all set to buy some a couple of weeks back. I um'd and ah'd too much and they were gone. I want to get a couple aluminium sets.

Mar 13, 2021 at 5:54 AM Post #46,087 of 65,639
Anyone know how often the shipibo gear gets restocked? I was all set to buy some a couple of weeks back. I um'd and ah'd too much and they were gone. I want to get a couple aluminium sets.
He produced new aluminum parts and had them "dyed" this week. Should be in stock again by the weekend, unless he had so many orders it's all gone already. Maybe write him? He's a very friendly guy.

Mar 13, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #46,088 of 65,639

If you MUST have the white stitching, then there are aftermarket headbands that you could get that offer that kind of color options.

Mar 13, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #46,089 of 65,639
My "new" RS2e also with non-red driver. Purchased from an ebay seller with 20 mins initial use. Came with the new brown headband and a new colour "pizza box" unlike my old 225e. Still very happy but was a little concerned at first....
My new rs2e from ebay seller , but they have a prooer shop in birm. Came in the new white box , darkish drivers , and the new tan headband. But all ok. No issue.

Mar 13, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #46,090 of 65,639

:)W
The owner told me that they will be in stock this week

Mar 13, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #46,091 of 65,639
I noticed that the Hemp has a different impedance spec than the rest of the Grado line.

Is the Hemp harder to drive? How would it fare with an iPhone + Lightning dongle when I want to walk around with the headphone?

Mar 13, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #46,092 of 65,639
Just got my Hemps in the mail today! Loving the sound with my favorite Bluegrass and Rock. Super punchy and energetic without being fatiguing - not sure how they're doing it. Sometimes upper mids can sound a touch hot, but maybe I'm just not used to the "Grado Sound" coming from Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic. All in all, I pretty sure these are going to be my "non-classical" cans from now on. They're just so damn fun sounding!!

Mar 13, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #46,093 of 65,639
I noticed that the Hemp has a different impedance spec than the rest of the Grado line.

Is the Hemp harder to drive? How would it fare with an iPhone + Lightning dongle when I want to walk around with the headphone?
The difference between 32 and 38 ohms or whatever it is, is irrelevant. The Hemp is in practice no different from 325e in terms of volume and SQ from say a phone.

Mar 13, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #46,094 of 65,639
Just got my Hemps in the mail today! Loving the sound with my favorite Bluegrass and Rock. Super punchy and energetic without being fatiguing - not sure how they're doing it. Sometimes upper mids can sound a touch hot, but maybe I'm just not used to the "Grado Sound" coming from Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic. All in all, I pretty sure these are going to be my "non-classical" cans from now on. They're just so damn fun sounding!!
I notice 2 things, Marantz HD DAC1, what are your thoughts? Westone - seriously try the BMasters!

Mar 13, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #46,095 of 65,639
Grado loves those upper mids, and at first they can be a little jarring. The wild part is that after you go back to other stuff, everything sounds so unengaging. I'd been in love with my Beyers but then I put 'em on following a day with the Hemp and had this feeling of "what the heck this isn't how music is supposed to sound."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back