Grado Fan Club!
Jan 29, 2021 at 7:32 PM Post #45,181 of 65,584
From seeing the comments it looks like it's pretty much agreed upon that Grado struck gold with the rs2e, hemp and gh2

Yeah, but my SR225i is not too far behind at a fraction of the cost. Grado just makes good sounding headphones...and they offer that great sound at various price points.

Jan 29, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #45,183 of 65,584
I’ve spent a few albums now with the Shipibo audio pads on my PS500e: Wayne Shorter, Lee Morgan and Herbie Hancock.

I’m in no way associated with them or the brand, but I’m here to tell you that these pads solve all your Grado pad woes. They are as comfortable as any of my other cans and sound incredible.

I only say this because the thing that turned me off of Grados were the pads, and I know there are others that have shared the same sentiment, but these make my Grados sing.

Buy them and be happy for the rest of your life. Couldn’t be happier.

Jan 30, 2021 at 2:39 AM Post #45,186 of 65,584
I’ve spent a few albums now with the Shipibo audio pads on my PS500e: Wayne Shorter, Lee Morgan and Herbie Hancock.

I’m in no way associated with them or the brand, but I’m here to tell you that these pads solve all your Grado pad woes. They are as comfortable as any of my other cans and sound incredible.

I only say this because the thing that turned me off of Grados were the pads, and I know there are others that have shared the same sentiment, but these make my Grados sing.

Buy them and be happy for the rest of your life. Couldn’t be happier.

Word of advice. If you buy one, do not take it apart. I almost ruined my paar.

Jan 30, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #45,188 of 65,584
Yeah, but my SR225i is not too far behind at a fraction of the cost. Grado just makes good sounding headphones...and they offer that great sound at various price points.

I am loving both my RS1i and SR225i very much. I have been trying to avoid being tempted by the HEMP because it smells a bit like FOTM in this thread. But if it is as good as people are writing, maybe I should take the jump. If I do not like it I guess it is still so popular that it can be sold off without loosing too much money. :thinking:

Jan 30, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #45,189 of 65,584
Hi
I was grado gh2 and loved them so much that I sold them and bought gs3000e thinking it was a super gh2.
I have had gs3000e a month and have already sold them. My ananda sound better and have more resolution and tone at half prize
Instead, I bought another gh2, I clearly prefer it to gs3000e, sound more direct, forceful, exciting and fun.
Gs3000e only works well for me in genres like jazz, classical or soul and I think that at that price there are better options in other brands (arya, hd800s ...)
(If I have noticed something when trying headphones, it is that in a brand the most expensive model is not always the one that you will like the most. The tuning and timbre, as long as it has a good resolution is more important to me. I have tried much more expensive headphones than hifiman ananda and gh2 and these are still my favorites)
Grado gh2 I find it fantastic for rock, punk, acoustic, metal and it is quite good allrounder and they are super light. It has a pretty decent bass, the best I've heard to a grado headphone, having heard, (gs1000i, gs3000e, rs2e, and gh2) .
With grado gh2 and hifimam ananda I really enjoy all the music on my ifi micro idsd signature and my feliks audio espressivo mark ii.
Cheers

I have spent many evenings testing the GH2 and RS2e and I have to admit that I like the GH2 better than the RS2e, even though the RS2e sounds much more transparent. However, I'm no longer sure whether the RS2e actually has more high-frequency energy than the GH2, which sounds darker overall than the RS2e, but if you concentrate purely on the high frequencies, I think they're both on a par. However, the GH2 actually has the best bass I have ever heard in a Grado. I also like the midrange of the GH2 better than the RS2e, it seems more confident and it seems to me that the RS2e can have a bit of a loud peak somewhere in the higher midrange on certain recordings. Overall, the GH2 just has more slam than the RS2e in my opinion.

Jan 30, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #45,191 of 65,584
I am loving both my RS1i and SR225i very much. I have been trying to avoid being tempted by the HEMP because it smells a bit like FOTM in this thread. But if it is as good as people are writing, maybe I should take the jump. If I do not like it I guess it is still so popular that it can be sold off without loosing too much money. :thinking:

It is not a FOTM, but it might not be that much different than your RS1i. I sent my Hemp back because it was very similar to my RS2e. Pricewise, the Hemp is a better deal. If I didn't own any Grados I would chose the Hemp over the RS2e.

Jan 30, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #45,192 of 65,584
But I wonder what would happen if someone transplanted the GH2 drivers into the GS3000e....
THAT would be interesting. Cocobolo is a fantastic guitar wood that projects great bass and treble in a guitar that I'm convinced makes the GH2 sound so good. In a larger cocobolo cup, that might sound really great. From the descriptions here, it seems that the Grados that use the 50mm driver have a different enough sound, somewhat outside the typical Grado house sound.

Jan 30, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #45,193 of 65,584
Is there a general preference between which is better the sr80e or sr125e?
The 80 is certainly more popular, probably the best-selling Grado. But, IMO, the step up to the 125 is probably enough to justify the cost difference.

Jan 30, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #45,194 of 65,584
I have spent many evenings testing the GH2 and RS2e and I have to admit that I like the GH2 better than the RS2e, ...
My RS2e is arriving sometime today, and I will be making the same comparison. I love the GH2, but am wanting to see what my ears / brain hear.

Jan 30, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #45,195 of 65,584
Right now on : US Audio Mart :

FOR SALE: Grado PS-1000 Headphones
Watch Report This Ad
Item #649701439
Info: Grado PS-1000 Headphones

Asking Price:USD $995.00
Retail Price:USD $1695.00
Payment method:Paypal, Cheque, Money Order
Ships to:Canada, United States
Condition:
9 - Excellent (?)
Date Posted:Jan 30, 21 8:30am (EST)
Edited: Jan 30, 21 8:30am* Updated!
About Seller:Follow user
tahoe36c
Panama City, FL
United States
[other classified ads]
Product Brand:Grado Labs
Days in System:1
Views:27
Avg. Views/Day:27.00

Reply to Ad Give Feedback on This Seller
Share|

Description
Nice set of Grado PS 1000 headphones. These have had very light use since purchased. Less than 25 hours total time so not even broken in yet (50 hours). Phones will be shipped in an outer box with the original box inside including original accessories. Only rated a "9" since the silver paint on the "R" symbol is slightly worn. This could be touched up very easy if someone elected to do so.

No need to describe how beautiful these sound!! Sound should improve as they finish the recommended break-in period.

Reviews here:

https://www.cnet.com/reviews/grado-ps1000-review/

http://www.overture-audio.com/product_lines/grado/html/ps1000.html

Retail: $1695
This ad was originally posted on
US Audio Mart
US Audio Mart and the seller ships to Canada, and the United States.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back