Grado Fan Club!
Jan 27, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #45,136 of 65,583
I think all GH2 owners have a little GS3000 envy deep down inside (I do...and more than a little).

They’re my planned final Grado after the GH2 (until they release something else lol). Just need to save a bit!

Jan 27, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #45,137 of 65,583
Spending sometime with my newly acquired hemps, they are complementing my RS2e perfectly. I wanted to get them especially for albums that were not well mixed, or bright/harsh to begin with. I put on King Diamond - Abigail which i think is an amazing metal album, but good lord it has some harsh sounding moments. The hemp tamed the album, but still kept all of the excitement I wanted out of the album, and Grado. I did the same thing with MIA- Arular. Some of the synth patches on this album were so harsh on the RS2 (and i think the RS2 is pretty damn refined) and the hemp tamed it, but still kept the energy that the album has. Very happy with this purchase so far! I’m going to go back and forth between the Hemps and RS2e tonight, but the RS2e is easily brighter and more exciting, and the Hemps are Darker.. but still exciting. Like a hipster that is too cool to dance at the party, but still has his foot tapping

Jan 27, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #45,138 of 65,583
Spending sometime with my newly acquired hemps, they are complementing my RS2e perfectly. I wanted to get them especially for albums that were not well mixed, or bright/harsh to begin with. I put on King Diamond - Abigail which i think is an amazing metal album, but good lord it has some harsh sounding moments. The hemp tamed the album, but still kept all of the excitement I wanted out of the album, and Grado. I did the same thing with MIA- Arular. Some of the synth patches on this album were so harsh on the RS2 (and i think the RS2 is pretty damn refined) and the hemp tamed it, but still kept the energy that the album has. Very happy with this purchase so far! I’m going to go back and forth between the Hemps and RS2e tonight, but the RS2e is easily brighter and more exciting, and the Hemps are Darker.. but still exciting. Like a hipster that is too cool to dance at the party, but still has his foot tapping
Stick some brighter pads on the hemp, would be really interesting to hear your comparison

Jan 27, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #45,139 of 65,583
Has anyone sent their Grados back to Grado Labs for repair? I sent my PS500E to them this week because the cable ends became unglued from the back of the driver and the upper cable has become stiff. they havent told me anything yet about if my pair is still under warranty. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this lack of communication and customer service from Grado.
It's been at least a couple years since I've had any repairs but from experience Grado Labs probably won't contact you till they're done with them. It always takes about a month in my experience if I remember correctly (maybe 5 weeks), I wouldn't worry about it.

Jan 27, 2021 at 10:58 PM Post #45,140 of 65,583
Can't believe I see familiar names on this forum so many years later!! Been a while...

Are pink driver Grados still sought after? Trying to value my older collection and not sure if the community has moved on from chasing these.

Jan 27, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #45,141 of 65,583
Nice you have found yet another geekira pad for grado. Mine are the LL ( has I call them ) I havevtgem for my Sr 60 and sr225. I like them. Might get the ones you have found . Like you say very simaler. Assume they would still fit all grado phones. Does the Hemp have a larger cup ?
I'm not sure, I only have the Hemp. But it appears to me that the smaller hole on these pads is supposed to be the ear opening. I flipped them so that the Hemp driver is fully exposed by the larger hole. And you can tell the larger opening was not designed for the driver because it's a bit wider.

Jan 28, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #45,142 of 65,583
I got today my Shipibo pads.

As for they size I made a photo. It is a bit bigger than the Beautiful audio pads but smaller than the G. (Shipibo is on the left).

Soundwise they are for me better than the Beatiful audio pads. Shipibo still boost the bass a bit, but it does not become boomy. The air also stays. Some of the details can be better heard probably because the driver is a bit further away and have more space.

On the con side it can become a bit warmer (for the ear, I mean) as the stock (but they are really comfy). They are a bit...maybe too soft. I don’t know...I mean they look a bit...strange. Just like sometimes the beautiful audio pads (which I stuffed with an L pad to solve this). Plus the impact, how hard the bass hits is a bit reduced.

So, the first impression is, that is on a paar (sound quality wise) with the stock pad (a huge accomplishment I think!) but bit a different mood.

I am not sure if they will become my default pad because I enjoy the more dynamic presentation of the stock L I think. But these are just the first inpressions.

I am glad we have similar opinions, and first impressions, I can’t wait for my beautiful pads to arrive.

Also how do you feel about the loose fabric and construction on the Shipibo pads? (IDK its still weird to me the fabric is so loose and that they can kinda slide around a bit.)

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #45,143 of 65,583
Are pink driver Grados still sought after? Trying to value my older collection and not sure if the community has moved on from chasing these.

There's been a recent infusion of fans who feel the slightly more subdued tuning of e-series drivers meets their needs, so the demand isn't quite there anymore. The >$1500 headphone market has also since exploded, with Grado themselves introducing the $1800 GS3000e and $2700 PS2000e, so people with that kind of money will just consider those instead of getting something that's no longer serviceable. The HP1000 is now more of a museum piece than something you'd want to actually use.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 2:31 AM Post #45,144 of 65,583
New kid on the block, been reading up on Grados', had sr325e which I sold and now regret. Looking for an upgrade path, but most stuff I read is very subjective... Basically debating between ps500e and rs2e now - I recall I immensely enjoyed the sr325e (in comparison to the Beyerdynamic Amiron Home that I had as well). I thought the Amiron sounded rounded with that sparkle missing.

I am now left with sr80e, which I do enjoy, but miss sr325e. That said, would rs2e be an upgrade from sr325e or would that be ps500e? Thanks for all subjective experience, that'll probably help me make up my mind -- and with Grados' I know I can't go wrong either way, but still wanted to check what the community thinks would be a "logical upgrade" to sr325e. Thanks! :)

Jan 28, 2021 at 3:07 AM Post #45,145 of 65,583
I had in past limited HF2 and it missed Grado sparkle I did not like it against SR225 and MS-Pro in that time so I think PS500 will be in similar way becouse it was lunched after HF2.
One my friend upgraded from RS2e to GH4, according to him better bass and less peak on highs.
So it seems like RS2e could be upgrade for you as typical Grado but in the middle between older and newer models.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 6:36 AM Post #45,146 of 65,583

Oh my, i just tried Abigail and it's really ear-grating, even on my PS500e. I mean it is listenable but it's such a pity so many albums from the 80s, especially metal, sound so bad.

My favourite "Dressed in white" does sound better but still not great.

Jan 28, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #45,147 of 65,583
New kid on the block, been reading up on Grados', had sr325e which I sold and now regret. Looking for an upgrade path, but most stuff I read is very subjective... Basically debating between ps500e and rs2e now - I recall I immensely enjoyed the sr325e (in comparison to the Beyerdynamic Amiron Home that I had as well). I thought the Amiron sounded rounded with that sparkle missing.

I am now left with sr80e, which I do enjoy, but miss sr325e. That said, would rs2e be an upgrade from sr325e or would that be ps500e? Thanks for all subjective experience, that'll probably help me make up my mind -- and with Grados' I know I can't go wrong either way, but still wanted to check what the community thinks would be a "logical upgrade" to sr325e. Thanks! :)

I'd say the RS2e is a refined update for the sr-series. It sounds pretty much the same but with a little better bass and little less harsh treble. Lots of datails!

The PS500e has less (but enough!) treble, fatter mids and more bass.

It very much depends on your audio chain and what kind of music you listen to which one is better. I say get both.

Jan 28, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #45,148 of 65,583

Both the RS2e and the PS500e are upgrades. I think the RS2e would be the "logical upgrade" to the SR325e.

Jan 28, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #45,149 of 65,583
GH2 arrived, with hardcase, new Grado G cush and small BA woolies.

Haven't tried the woolies yet, but with G on, I must report vast gorgeousness. :D
20210128_154555.jpg

Jan 28, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #45,150 of 65,583
Would going from MS2i to Hemp be a worthy upgrade? I see so many gushing reviews of the Hemp that it makes me desire it but then I fear about missing out on the MS2i sound since it was(not sure if it still is) the more balanced sounding Grado sounding headphone. I came across a headphone site that state they have them in stock and selling my ms2i for the hemp would not be that crazy of a financial jump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back