Grado Fan Club!
Jan 7, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #44,731 of 65,624
Thanks for the feedback. I have an almost 20 year old pair of SR80's now. This fall, I added a Shiit Vali 2+ and Modi 3+ to the mix. I'm a very, very happy camper. Even after all these years, the Grado's make music sound like music. I generally only switch out the SR80s when I'm craving some more bass. The Hemps are so very, very tempting, especially if they bring some extra bass to the game.
The Hemps are great with the Vali2. I really think you will be a happy camper if you get the Hemps.

Jan 7, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #44,733 of 65,624
Wow, I just received my TTVJ Deluxe Pads and put them on my old original SR80 and these sound 70% better than before. They almost sound like my PS500E. The bass and mids have become perfect, Vocals are much more clear. I tried them on the PS500E and they sound good but the L Cush pads still sound the best on the PS500E. I highly recommend spending the money on TTVJ Deluxe pads. These are the Same pads on the Grado Hemp.

Jan 7, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #44,734 of 65,624
Wow, I just received my TTVJ Deluxe Pads and put them on my old original SR80 and these sound 70% better than before. They almost sound like my PS500E. The bass and mids have become perfect, Vocals are much more clear. I tried them on the PS500E and they sound good but the L Cush pads still sound the best on the PS500E. I highly recommend spending the money on TTVJ Deluxe pads. These are the Same pads on the Grado Hemp.

Huh. Interesting. I have to try those on my PS500e.

Jan 7, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #44,735 of 65,624
Huh. Interesting. I have to try those on my PS500e.
I would recommend staying with the L cush pads for the 500e but the TTVJ deluxe pads are a must for the SR and RS series

Jan 8, 2021 at 2:15 AM Post #44,736 of 65,624
I would recommend staying with the L cush pads for the 500e but the TTVJ deluxe pads are a must for the SR and RS series

I'll grab a pair for my modded SR225e then. But might as well try them on the PS500e as well if I'm gonna order a pair.

Jan 8, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #44,737 of 65,624
Hi
Today I got my pair of l-cush pads.
I have tested them on my gs1000i and my gs3000e and my expectations have been met.
The gs1000i have gone from sounding fuzzy, metallic and hollow to having more body and punch and the highs have been balanced, a more gh2 grade type profile, although with a little less punch but more detail. I honestly don't like the sound of the big pads (g-cush) at all.
In the gs3000e the change is not that big, these did not sound hollow but if they lacked, some impact, with l-cush they sound much better. Both lose some soundstage but sound much more balanced to my ears, with better calibrated highs (not as prominent) and more present mids.
This is my opinion, of course, but in my particular case what I really like is that direct and detailed sound and with g-cush it becomes diffuse and distant.
P.S. The tests I have done in ifi micro idsd signature and in feliks audio expressivo mark 2, the ifi is more neutral and feliks warmer but without losing detail.
Loa grade works great on both but better on feliks
Cheers

I also prefer the more direct and fuller sound of the L pads. It is still very spatial but much more dynamic (because of the smaller distance between the driver and the ear). With the G pads, the sound becomes a bit more spatial but also more diffuse and the amount and intensity of bass decreases.

However, my GS1000i sounded awful with L pads. The midrange was way too overemphasized. It could also be because my amplifiers are very midrange-weighted. But I also believe that Grado includes the pads for the optimal coordination of the individual models. I think the models with G pads probably sound the most balanced with the G pads.

In my experience, the Geekria pads sound much worse than the Grado pads. The original material is much firmer and larger-pored. I found the sound with the stock pads much more precise, fuller and easier to locate than tested with Geekria on the GS1000i, GH2 and RS2e.

Jan 8, 2021 at 4:38 AM Post #44,738 of 65,624
Agreed. I've tried the F pads from my hemps on my 325e and it tamed the occasionally unruly treble, and boosted the bass. The tonal balance is much closer to the Hemp, but the latter resolves more detail, and is more musical to my ears, has a more organic sound. The treble is noticeably smoother in the hemp, a bit of EQ helps a lot here to liven it up slightly.

Jan 8, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #44,739 of 65,624
Jan 8, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #44,740 of 65,624
Jan 8, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #44,741 of 65,624
Interesting to hear your impressions, they look more like G than F shape?

I think they are similar in size to the Beautiful Audio pads. I have them too, so I can compare them.

Jan 8, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #44,742 of 65,624
I think they are similar in size to the Beautiful Audio pads. I have them too, so I can compare them.
Hi,
Which beautiful audio pads do you have?
Yesterday, i ordered large hybryd pads for my grado gs3000e
Gs3000e sounds wonderfull but i think that this pads can improve bass and mids a little and decrease high a little too
This changes will be good for gs3000e,
The seller told me that this pads are the better choice for gs3000e to get a fuller sound, impact and sweet highs.

Jan 8, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #44,743 of 65,624
Hi,
Gs3000e sounds wonderfull but i think that this pads can improve bass and mids a little and decrease high a little too
The seller told me that this pads are the better choice for gs3000e to get a fuller sound, impact and sweet highs.

well...i don’t know really. I bought them with my RS2e. I use them with an L pad tucked inside, so they have a bit more “form”. Sometimes I like them, but they are rather boomy for me. Too much air lost and bass can became a bit one toned (on my RS2e).

Jan 8, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #44,744 of 65,624
Jan 8, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #44,745 of 65,624
Hi,
Would love to hear your impressions of both sound and comfort when you get them. Please post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back