Grado Fan Club!
Jul 30, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #42,031 of 66,196
Has anyone gone from the SR series to the GS series? I have owned the SR60e, RS2i and now have the SR325e. I love the Grado sound, and Grados match very well with my amp.

I was thinking of upgrading my SR325e to the GS3000e. Can I expect a big difference? I could be wrong, but I get the impression all of Grados drivers are the same; that only the pads and ear pieces change (and the cables). For the money the GS3000e costs, I would expect better drivers as well.

I would appreciate any thoughts or impressions, opinions, etc.

Jul 30, 2020 at 10:24 PM Post #42,033 of 66,196
Has anyone gone from the SR series to the GS series? I have owned the SR60e, RS2i and now have the SR325e. I love the Grado sound, and Grados match very well with my amp.

I was thinking of upgrading my SR325e to the GS3000e. Can I expect a big difference? I could be wrong, but I get the impression all of Grados drivers are the same; that only the pads and ear pieces change (and the cables). For the money the GS3000e costs, I would expect better drivers as well.

I owned the SR325e a couple of years ago & found them to be a very good headphone. Earlier this month I bought the GS3000e after doing as much research on them as I could. Since I live in a small & very remote Nova Scotia village, I don’t have the opportunity to ”try out” audio equipment before buying. There isn’t much info/ reviews for the GS3Ke but the reviews, feedback and posts on this site that I read were all positive about this headphone. Some posts in this thread were “mini” glowing reviews.

I’m more than happy with my purchase of this headphone. I’m not very good when it comes to sound description but let’s just say that these headphones are the best I’ve heard and I began this hobby back in 2003. So comparing the SR325e and the GS3Ke : it’s like going from a mid size family car to a luxury model. I’ve owned the HD800, HD800S, PS1000, PS1000e, Beyer T1, T1.2, the Focal Utopia, etc. & I prefer the GS3Ke over all of those. They’re detailed, musical, spaceous & deep w/ very good & tight bass.

If you decide to get the GS3Ke I can give you the contact/ retailer & sales person’s name who sold me mine. He’s located in Montreal, your hometown. Just send me a message.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 10:30 PM Post #42,034 of 66,196
I owned the SR325e a couple of years ago & found them to be a very good headphone. Earlier this month I bought the GS3000e after doing as much research on them as I could. Since I live in a small & very remote Nova Scotia village, I don’t have the opportunity to ”try out” audio equipment before buying. There isn’t much info/ reviews for the GS3Ke but the reviews, feedback and posts on this site that I read were all positive about this headphone. Some posts in this thread were “mini” glowing reviews.

I’m more than happy with my purchase of this headphone. I’m not very good when it comes to sound description but let’s just say that these headphones are the best I’ve heard and I began this hobby back in 2003. So comparing the SR325e and the GS3Ke : it’s like going from a mid size family car to a luxury model. I’ve owned the HD800, HD800S, PS1000, PS1000e, Beyer T1, T1.2, the Focal Utopia, etc. & I prefer the GS3Ke over all of those. They’re detailed, musical, spaceous & deep w/ very good & tight bass.

If you decide to get the GS3Ke I can give you the contact/ retailer & sales person’s name who sold me mine. He’s located in Montreal, your hometown. Just send me a message.
Thank you! That's exactly the kind of information I am looking for.

Jul 30, 2020 at 10:30 PM Post #42,035 of 66,196
Get out your wood burning kit and engrave them yourself!... :)
i'm guessing engraving that cup probably would produce some inconsistency finish or probably look super weird. this is the first time grado didn't put any mark/engrave on their headphone cups even on their one off limited products, there's always some engraving :D

Jul 31, 2020 at 5:39 AM Post #42,037 of 66,196

I have SR325e, Hemp, and an older model GS1000. The GS is a very different beast. Its all about those huge earcups. I find them more relaxed, spacious, and detailed where the 325/Hemp are more energetic and visceral. One is the symphony conductor tapping his baton, and starting the show. The other is a tatted up frontman yelling "ARE YOU READY TO ROCK ????????????????????????" I love all 3, but I use them for different purposes.

Jul 31, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #42,038 of 66,196
One [GS3K] is the symphony conductor tapping his baton, and starting the show. The other [SR325/Hemp] is a tatted up frontman yelling "ARE YOU READY TO ROCK ????????????????????????" I love all 3, but I use them for different purposes.
LOVE the visual analogy!!

Jul 31, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #42,039 of 66,196
I have only put a few hours onto the Hemp and I started with some acoustic and live performances of my high school Grunge favorites...quite a new presentation, more visceral and "live" feeling. The MTV unplugged Nirvana was an especially good experience!!! I found some live R.E.M., and Foo Fighters that really blew my mind. Ended off listening to some Smashing Pumpkins and could not be happier with the purchase. The headphones present everything right there, with intensity, detail and pleasure!!!

Jul 31, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #42,040 of 66,196
I have only put a few hours onto the Hemp and I started with some acoustic and live performances of my high school Grunge favorites...quite a new presentation, more visceral and "live" feeling. The MTV unplugged Nirvana was an especially good experience!!! I found some live R.E.M., and Foo Fighters that really blew my mind. Ended off listening to some Smashing Pumpkins and could not be happier with the purchase. The headphones present everything right there, with intensity, detail and pleasure!!!
You’re exactly right. It’s amazing how the Hemp has that intensity but is never harsh or fatiguing.

Jul 31, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #42,041 of 66,196
Kids, I'm sorry to report that what they always told you about gateway drugs is the truth.

I started on the Hemp a month ago.

Now I'm hooked on the White stuff.

Props to @Audiomania2 for the goods.

Attachments

• 20200731_154309.jpg
    20200731_154309.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200731_153600.jpg
    20200731_153600.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Jul 31, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #42,042 of 66,196
Has anyone removed the drivers from the hemp yet? I want to add an HD800 socket to replace the factory cable. Looks like they use plenty of glue, but also seems like it can be softened with heat!

so far the cable is the only negative about these headphones. I was a bit worried about comfort after reading some Grado criticisms, but it’s largely a non issue.

Jul 31, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #42,043 of 66,196
Has anyone removed the drivers from the hemp yet? I want to add an HD800 socket to replace the factory cable. Looks like they use plenty of glue, but also seems like it can be softened with heat!

so far the cable is the only negative about these headphones. I was a bit worried about comfort after reading some Grado criticisms, but it’s largely a non issue.
usually people using heat gun to deal with wooden grado

my advice is stay away from g-pad for your own good :D once you tried grado with g-pad there's no coming back to the on ear grados in term of comfort

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #42,044 of 66,196
Kids, I'm sorry to report that what they always told you about gateway drugs is the truth.

Congrats! Could you please compare and contrast for us?

Jul 31, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #42,045 of 66,196

We NEED first impressions on those Whites...

...now would be better than later. :smile_phones:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back