Grado Fan Club!
Jul 22, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #41,896 of 65,719
Thank for the info, I think I'll just stick with the L cushion until I have enough for some Beautiful Audio pads.

I bought them from Moon Audio because the Grado store (4OurEars) was out and I'm surprised that they'll be here on Friday with free 2-day shipping. That's great because I'll have them to listen to this weekend so I can get some good sessions in and really evaluate them.

Jul 22, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #41,897 of 65,719
I bought some copy G-Cush large pads AND some copy L-bowl pads that are as firm but much softer. I switch back between both periodically. If I want to listen to aggressive, hi-impact music (prog metal, etc) the L-bowls help with that. The G-Cush copies are better for mellower music, jazz, etc where you really want a sense of space, and to soften the Grado aggressiveness just a bit.
I totally agree with your L pad G pad philosophy. Works for almost any Grado model.

Jul 22, 2020 at 11:42 PM Post #41,899 of 65,719
I'm wondering if I should get a pair of the G-Cush large ear pads for them because I'm not the biggest fan of on-ear pads but I don't want it to make them sound worse. If anyone has experience using the G-Cush pads on the 325e please let me know how well they work and if they sound good.

I can't exactly speak for the 325 series but I put G-Cush on my PS500's for better comfort. I could listen about 30 minutes with the L-Bowls before ear discomfort set in. I think the G-Cush sounds great with aggressive music but the PS500 is a different beast from the 325. I will admit that there was a slight change in the sound but the comfort far outweighed any minor sonic differences I experienced, which I didn't find to be significant anyway. Any way it goes, enjoy your 325's.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #41,901 of 65,719
Notification: Grado Hemp measurements posted at other forum... They appear to be better than RS2e and HF3.
What other forum? Been dying to see how they compare against the RS2e

Edit* I've found the forum, good stuff

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #41,902 of 65,719
Notification: Grado Hemp measurements posted at other forum... They appear to be better than RS2e and HF3.
I have not heard (from other members I know) or read one bad thing about this model. I gotta get one.

Jul 23, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #41,903 of 65,719
Hello! I am new to this, so thanks for having me :) I have been reading on here for years but now is the first time i'd like to ask a question.

Just to make it clear: I find the SR225e's truly awesome for the price. I use them with an Oppo HA-2 (with the very subtle and capable bass boost activated) and they're tons of fun and i got to hear things in songs i never noticed before. I listen to all kinds of music, mostly classic rock and pop, folk/country, 80s, indie, jazz, some electronic and very few hip hop and classic. Usually i try to avoid remastered, compressed and overproduced stuff because i hate the crammed sound.

So here's how my 225e's sound to me:

BASSes can go pretty deep and full and are somewhat punchy (depending on the song of course), they're pretty clean but i'd like a little more texture to the bass and maybe slightly more punch.

MIDs sound really good to me but i'd like to hear some more details maybe (like breathing of the singer, it is there sometimes but not noticeable enough)

HIGHs are usually fine and only slightly too shrill so i'd like them to be just a tad more relaxed with a little more detail.

Soundstage is fine but sometimes i have problems focussing on tiny sounds in the mix so a little more separation would be nice. Generally i'd like a little more "tranquility" in the sound but keep the excitement of the Grados.

I have looked around and the following Grados appeal to me: RS2e, GH2, GH4, PS500e

Which one should i try out according to my preferences stated above? I am basically very happy with the 225e but you know how it is: you get used to good things and you want more :)

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #41,904 of 65,719
I have not heard (from other members I know) or read one bad thing about this model. I gotta get one.

I wonder if it has to do with the pad choice more than anything. Hopefully we see some measurements with L and G pads. Conversely, I'd love to see GS3000e/PS2000e measurements with F and L pads: is the 6k spike on these headphones purely a result of the pad choice?

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #41,905 of 65,719
Hello! I am new to this, so thanks for having me :) I have been reading on here for years but now is the first time i'd like to ask a question.

Just to make it clear: I find the SR225e's truly awesome for the price. I use them with an Oppo HA-2 (with the very subtle and capable bass boost activated) and they're tons of fun and i got to hear things in songs i never noticed before. I listen to all kinds of music, mostly classic rock and pop, folk/country, 80s, indie, jazz, some electronic and very few hip hop and classic. Usually i try to avoid remastered, compressed and overproduced stuff because i hate the crammed sound.

BASSes can go pretty deep and full and are somewhat punchy (depending on the song of course), they're pretty clean but i'd like a little more texture to the bass and maybe slightly more punch.

MIDs sound really good to me but i'd like to hear some more details maybe (like breathing of the singer, it is there sometimes but not noticeable enough)

HIGHs are usually fine and only slightly too shrill so i'd like them to be just a tad more relaxed with a little more detail.

Soundstage is fine but sometimes i have problems focussing on tiny sounds in the mix so a little more separation would be nice. Generally i'd like a little more "tranquility" in the sound but keep the excitement of the Grados.

I have looked around and the following Grados appeal to me: RS2e, GH2, GH4, PS500e

Which one should i try out according to my preferences stated above? I am basically very happy with the 225e but you know how it is: you get used to good things and you want more :)

I own the RS2e, but I have not heard the other models. From what I've read though, I think you should stay away from PS500e (the signature is a little too different from the rest, supposedly). I would chose the RS2e since it is the least expensive...or the GH2 since it is the most beautiful.

Jul 23, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #41,906 of 65,719
I wonder if it has to do with the pad choice more than anything. Hopefully we see some measurements with L and G pads.

I think it is more than just the pads. I'll find out when I get one because I have every pad ever made for a Grado at hand.

Well, not every pad...there are a ton of aftermarket pads...and I only own the normal TTVJ Flats (not the Deluxe Flats).

Jul 23, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #41,907 of 65,719
I think it is more than just the pads. I'll find out when I get one because I have every pad ever made for a Grado at hand.

Well, not every pad...there are a ton of aftermarket pads...and I only own the normal TTVJ Flats (not the Deluxe Flats).
you're a not fans of flat pad with rs2e? i wonder which one is worse for the comfort flat pad or l-pads, i used to like flat pad and even thought flat pad way more comfort than l-pad... now i can't even stand the idea of wearing grado without g-pad :D

Jul 23, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #41,908 of 65,719
I wonder if it has to do with the pad choice more than anything. Hopefully we see some measurements with L and G pads. Conversely, I'd love to see GS3000e/PS2000e measurements with F and L pads: is the 6k spike on these headphones purely a result of the pad choice?

The frequency response measurement comparisons were all done with the same pads (f). However, subjective impressions were not completely side-by-side or with same pads.

Jul 23, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #41,909 of 65,719

if you don't mind doing a bit of experiment , try to get a knock off g-pad, some of the members in here really love how rs2e sound with knock off g-pad. knock off g-pad not the genuine one, most of the knock off g-pad seems to boost the bass region and tame the treble little bit

Jul 23, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #41,910 of 65,719
you're a not fans of flat pad with rs2e? i wonder which one is worse for the comfort flat pad or l-pads, i used to like flat pad and even thought flat pad way more comfort than l-pad... now i can't even stand the idea of wearing grado without g-pad :D

I like the flats, but they give me the itchy ear problem. I use pad covers to solve this problem and they fit the L pads better (they are too lose on the flats).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back