Grado Fan Club!
Mar 31, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #41,087 of 66,279
You can only buy them through MassDrop. Next order is not shipping until August.

The sound is VERY different. The bass AND the mids AND high end all work together. It sound's like nothing else I own or have even heard. Out of the box I used them for 21 straight days!

It has taken me five plus years to start figuring this headphone thing out. But now with my Grado's, my Elex's and my Koss Electrostatics I am definitely nearing end game, for me. And it's an awesome feeling! :L3000:
Enjoy the feeling....and keep us posted on the duration:)

Mar 31, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #41,088 of 66,279
Enjoy the feeling....and keep us posted on the duration:)

Haha that's what I was thinking. When does it end? If I didn't have a family, since I'm still working (thankfully!) I'd be spending my stimulus money on some bigger speakers for downstairs. Been looking to replace my MartinLogan Motions (poser MartinLogans as I call them) with a pair of true electrostatics. If I had more money than that, I'd probably upgrade my preamp and power amp to some Krell gear, possibly a Duo 300 XD amp. A guy can dream. I'm sure upgraditis wouldn't be cured then, either.

Mar 31, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #41,089 of 66,279
Haha that's what I was thinking. When does it end? If I didn't have a family, since I'm still working (thankfully!) I'd be spending my stimulus money on some bigger speakers for downstairs. Been looking to replace my MartinLogan Motions (poser MartinLogans as I call them) with a pair of true electrostatics. If I had more money than that, I'd probably upgrade my preamp and power amp to some Krell gear, possibly a Duo 300 XD amp. A guy can dream. I'm sure upgraditis wouldn't be cured then, either.

As I have returned to apartment living the last few years, I have no more urge for any 5.1 or 2 channel gear. The Headphone gear has been fairly economical as I bought lots of used and sale gear to find out what I liked. I think I will be end game before the year is out. That does not mean I will never buy another piece of audio gear. If something breaks or wears out, it will be replaced. And if something really catches my eye, or ear, then I might get the urge. But I really do have fantastic gear now and I am currently selling several pieces.

Oh yeah, a pair of HiFiman Sundara's left Vancouver today. But it was a Great open-box sale!:laughing:

Mar 31, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #41,090 of 66,279
As I have returned to apartment living the last few years, I have no more urge for any 5.1 or 2 channel gear. The Headphone gear has been fairly economical as I bought lots of used and sale gear to find out what I liked. I think I will be end game before the year is out. That does not mean I will never buy another piece of audio gear. If something breaks or wears out, it will be replaced. And if something really catches my eye, or ear, then I might get the urge. But I really do have fantastic gear now and I am currently selling several pieces.

Oh yeah, a pair of HiFiman Sundara's left Vancouver today. But it was a Great open-box sale!:laughing:

"...Day 17 of quarantine. I have now acquired 14 pairs of headphones. Some dynamic, some planar, some high impedance, some low. Some for their aesthetic, some for their reputation, and some because of brand loyalty. I've yet to try an electrostatic, but that means having to dip further into my savings account and the possibilty of losing appreciation for my current stash. I've upgraded my breaker panel and all electric sockets for the lowest noise possible, yet I can't seem to get rid off this odd buzzing and occasional sibilance -- no matter the source, equipment, nor headphone. Oh well: let's check the classifieds section..."

Mar 31, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #41,091 of 66,279
"...Day 17 of quarantine. I have now acquired 14 pairs of headphones. Some dynamic, some planar, some high impedance, some low. Some for their aesthetic, some for their reputation, and some because of brand loyalty. I've yet to try an electrostatic, but that means having to dip further into my savings account and the possibilty of losing appreciation for my current stash. I've upgraded my breaker panel and all electric sockets for the lowest noise possible, yet I can't seem to get rid off this odd buzzing and occasional sibilance -- no matter the source, equipment, nor headphone. Oh well: let's check the classifieds section..."

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Apr 1, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #41,093 of 66,279
Apr 1, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #41,094 of 66,279
Apr 1, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #41,095 of 66,279
My wife! Repeatedly!
I am SO hoping she is out when the headphones get here. :smile:

Hahah -- no dice for me. Kinda hard for that to happen when she's downstairs with the 6 week old and 5 year old, and the statewide lockdown...

I "traded" and old Steam gaming account for my GH2s (I really do have an account that was created RIGHT at the release of HalfLife2 ~15 years ago and they are highly desirable for some reason). Not sure if she bought it, but I didn't have to sleep on the couch that night, so good enough for me

Apr 1, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #41,096 of 66,279
Hahah -- no dice for me. Kinda hard for that to happen when she's downstairs with the 6 week old and 5 year old, and the statewide lockdown...

I "traded" and old Steam gaming account for my GH2s (I really do have an account that was created RIGHT at the release of HalfLife2 ~15 years ago and they are highly desirable for some reason). Not sure if she bought it, but I didn't have to sleep on the couch that night, so good enough for me

Mine is heading out Friday to look after her mother. So if the arrival date holds up and she is out about then...
I figure that I have a 50/50 chance of avoiding drama.:smile:

Once they are in the house she wouldn't know if I pulled them out of my audio stand right in front of her. She can't tell any of them apart except my beautiful GH2's.:relaxed:

Apr 2, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #41,097 of 66,279
Dammit USPS -- my new cans were supposed to be here today! I doubt they'll make it from NJ to Kentucky today... :slight_frown::slight_frown: At least I have my trusty Grados to keep the disappointment at bay (mostly.)

Screenshot from 2020-04-02 11.10.02.png

Apr 2, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #41,098 of 66,279
Hi guys. Would you help me?
I send an e-mail to grado labs for repair and I received this reply from Grado Labs.

"please revisit with us for your request
we have been advised to "shelter in residence" therefore Grado Labs is closed until the advisory is lifted
thank you for your understanding"

Are all Grado Labs repair services closed Now?

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #41,099 of 66,279
Hi guys. Would you help me?
I send an e-mail to grado labs for repair and I received this reply from Grado Labs.

"please revisit with us for your request
we have been advised to "shelter in residence" therefore Grado Labs is closed until the advisory is lifted
thank you for your understanding"

Are all Grado Labs repair services closed Now?

i think it's related to coronavirus outbreak in new york, as far as i know new york declared lockdown few weeks ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back