Grado Fan Club!
Sep 15, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #38,641 of 65,693
Here's my contribution to the Sat viewing party, Grado and alternatives:
Grado Group-1.jpg

Sep 16, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #38,642 of 65,693
Btw if you have black paint chipped off on your Grado metal grills..a black paint marker for plastic, metal etc is an easy fix. :wink:

Sep 20, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #38,647 of 65,693
I know the last time I posted about the PS1K I said "never sell your PS1K" but I haven't used mine in such a long time that I'd like to sell them to someone who will use them. I haven't posted them on the F/S forum yet, so PM me if you're interested.

If this helps you feel any better Joseph, I wrote the same thing on this thread about my PS1000 and sold them a couple of months ago. As good as they are, and they're great headphones, I've been using & enjoying my GS1000i much more for a few months now. I'd go back to my PS1000 occasionally & they just weren't doing it for me anymore.

I chalk it up to the nature of this hobby. I know the guy I sold them to was really happy & in the end that's what counts, for me anyways.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #38,649 of 65,693
I had the opportunity to listen to the Sennheiser hd800s in my home system. While most likely technically more capable than any of the Grado’s in my collection (RS2e, GH1, GH2 and original PS500), Grado is sooooo much more fun to listen to according to my ears.

Don’t want to abuse this thread but my RS2e is coming up for sale. It doesn’t get the listening time it deserves and I’m keeping my eye on the GS3000e :wink:.
Frankly only interesting to EU buyers as prices are really high in our region :wink: but still 10 months warranty and in mint condition. Informing here before putting a sale topic on the appropriate board.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #38,652 of 65,693
I'm just not so sure about pine wood for a headphone. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to add a GH4 to my collection, but I'm a skeptic.

Sep 21, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #38,653 of 65,693
The GS3000e, GH3, and GH4 now have pages on the Grado website and are available for sale on Grado's 4OurEars store, so there's a little bit more information available about each model. I've ordered a pair of GH4s. I'll be interested to see if it has a distinct sound signature or if it's an RS2e with different rims.
Really just a bit, not even good photos. Very strange that Grado essentially updated their flagship for the GS line and special edition products, then decided to tell the world next to nothing.
For instance I can't even workout whether GS3000e comes with the option of XLR.

Sep 21, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #38,654 of 65,693
Really just a bit, not even good photos. Very strange that Grado essentially updated their flagship for the GS line and special edition products, then decided to tell the world next to nothing.
For instance I can't even workout whether GS3000e comes with the option of XLR.

The main GS3000e page says that a 4-pin XLR balance cable option is available, but, to your point, it's not an option on the store page. I guess you could call them.

The most interesting thing I was able to get from the photos is that the GH3 appears to have comfies (S cushions).

Sep 21, 2018 at 8:56 PM Post #38,655 of 65,693
from the first photo alone and msrp, they probably put the gh3 on the prestige level, the s cushion, the gimbal shape, the wood cup that just flat just like the old grado prestige series, the feeling is a bit like when they released hf-1. the gh3 should be more interesting than gh4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back