Grado Fan Club!
Mar 2, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #361 of 65,724
Llama, welcome! Glad to hear your enjoying your Grados! 

Mar 2, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #362 of 65,724
Have to say that listening to TKOL with both RS2i and HF2 back to back was fun and brought out two different listening experiences.  

The album is growing on me and I am happy to have both sets of cans to listen to!

Quote:
Kid A, anything Radiohead is great on Grado's...If you don't have the new one "The King Of Limbs" its awesome as well....enjoy and let us know if there is anything about the sound you don't like as we can probably make them better for like zero dollars..check out the SR60 mod thread.....its easy

Mar 3, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #365 of 65,724
Haha, thanks guys. Yeah TKOL is a great album. Not as great as Kid A or OK Computer, though. Watched 1080p Avatar last night, with 1400kbps audio, and I heard things I never noticed before, like the beads in Neytiris hair knocking against each other, or the sound of the waterfalls in the floating mountains. Speaking of unnoticed sounds, is that the sound of the timer going tick tick in Radiohead - Videotape, just from around 10 secs on?

These SR80is have impressed me so much.

Mar 5, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #369 of 65,724
Last night I put an EVS Ground Enhancer in each shell/cup on the negative terminal and WOW!!!. The sound just comes out of the air and all around you, it doesn't sound like your wearing headphones at all...pretty wild how the sound is just out there and the background is dead quiet so you hear all the subtle textures in the sound. I listened to music I have owned for years and heard a bunch of times and there is new stuff there that I'm hearing. here are some pics...

Mar 6, 2011 at 8:01 AM Post #371 of 65,724
The EVS thing is just a wire, thats it, something about the length etc..and its like the thing that no one can explain but everyone hears that they work...I'll dig up the thread over at audiocircle and post the link so you can read about "Ground Planes" and whatever these do...
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=87653.0

its long and like anything it can get heated but read how folks who were like.."yeah sure" get some and then go "well I was wrong these are rockin", the guy who was taking the orders couldn't keep up....LOL. I got two pair, one on my amp on each neg speaker terminal in use and the other pair in these cans...
 I'm not affiliated with the guy bought first pair new early on and second pair i picked up used from someone who didn't get a benefit...some systems just don't get the benefit, its very wierd. My stuff is mix of new (Virtue Audio, Grant, Musical Paradise and old JBL's the effect were stunning in my case...like I hd to sit and listen floored me stunning. Some felt the high end got to harsh, mine was consistent after the first 24 hours. Some guys with thousands of dollars in equipment were amazed while others couldn't hear a change. 
 I was enjoying the effect of one pair so much I thought why go overboard and possibly go to far...so one pair for me in my 2 channel rig and these were in use in my home theater setup on the front speakers. Its a controversial item but you'll start seeing everybody sellling some version of it now because it works and money can be made.....LOL. Its fun!!!!

Mar 6, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #372 of 65,724
OMG. I didn't know there was a grado fan club. Just show how much I know about headfi... Haha bought my grado sr60is 3 weeks ago... love them to bits!

Mar 6, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #373 of 65,724

Quote:
OMG. I didn't know there was a grado fan club. Just show how much I know about headfi... Haha bought my grado sr60is 3 weeks ago... love them to bits!

Welcome! Mind telling us what you like about the 60is? Not tryin' to put you on the spot or anything, just curious. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2011 at 5:55 AM Post #375 of 65,724

Quote:

Welcome to Grado!  I had my SR60 for about 5 years before making the 2nd leap - to the SR325 (non "i" model).  Though the SR60 is a great set, I now realize that I should have make the upgrade years earlier.  I could have easily gotten the RS-1 or RS-2 for all the money I lost in the process of buying / selling speakers to get the right pair.  The headphones would have provided me with a more content feeling, too.  After half a dozen speakers in and out of my house,  what did I settle for?  The Monitor Audio RS-6 in Rosenut.  Truly beautiful to look at -- and, they sound wonderful, too.

I see that you're only 3 weeks into your SR60i headphones.  Does your store offer a 30-day return?  If you're loving the SR60i, head back and try the SR225i or SR325i, just for the fun of it - and see what you think.  My bet is that you'll probably leave the shop with a bit less money in your pocket and probably another new set of headphones. 
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back