Grado Fan Club!
Jul 24, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #26,761 of 66,206
  @wormdriver
nice rs1. btw may i know what is your rs1's serial number?

@stacker
actually, i don't think mine is rs1 vintage, i got sn 1863.i change the headband to those tan headband from turbulent labs(since i
really love the looks of it).i was looking for vintage rs1 for the past couple of months but no such luck

anyway, i just got ps1000e.man, these headphone just amazing, it has everything i love about grado sound just better. just using schiit fulla, i really love the sound.i don't think i need to find another headphone.and the cable really thick,even the thickness of the converter different from the one i have. i do have one complaint though,its heavy!!! like really heavy!!

(yeah, i'll keep the rs1)

btw do any of you guys ever try gr10e? would you mind sharing your thought?

@unchi
nice looking amp

@dino1962
by sr325 original, do you mean the black version

Thank you for letting me know. The tan headband fooled me. By the way, do you know when the change from vintage to classic actually occured?

Jul 24, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #26,762 of 66,206
I would have like to hear this system…anyone here own/owned/heard this system???

FreeSystems FG-1 (February 2002, cancelled product, ~17 full kits were made, MSRP 3,800 USD; the leftover headphones became Grado PS-1 and were dispatched in small batches by Grado and distributed simultaneously by FreeSystems in Germany and Todd The Vinyl Junkie in the U.S. between 2004 and 2006; 7 pairs were auctioned on eBay in 2008 by Grado Labs themselves and labelled [after John Grado's initials] “JAG 1,2,3...-7” on the back of their box; the JAG 7 had a special though deemed failed chrome finish)
  Came with a wireless infra-red (IF) digital audio receiver coupled RA-1 amplifier (battery powered) and the IF emitter.

Jul 24, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #26,763 of 66,206
 I'll just throw this in about the GH-1 which I'm listening to right now.
I've listened to "Americas- Horse With No Name" a million times…I just listened to it with the GH-1 and definitely heard some type of tom-toms/bongos deep in the back of the sound-stage besides the ones that are in front which I've never heard before.
EDIT: And I wasn't critically listening at all.

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #26,764 of 66,206
Well it is Saturday morning here down under, and thought I would drop in a little Aussie Blues and Roots : I present Ash Grunwald ~ Money Extended Version

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #26,766 of 66,206

Same here. They really are MASSIVE cups. I can understand why they would be so weighty. I'm not sure if I would enjoy that type of weight on the head. Defiantly a try before buy type of HP.

Thats gotta give you the schiits . . . That happened with my Magni2Ū, and I was sitting on their doorstep Monday morning . . . Try and keep busy and don't think dirty Grado thoughts :wink: 

The PS1k are not big, it's the other models that are small.
tongue.gif
 Think of the good side, you can use them as dumbells, as a door stop, and maybe even...nah!  fancy boat anchor, is a bit far fetched.

Damn meds!, making me say all sorts of stupid shiet.

Oh! my GH-1 are actually, drum roll please!... still in transit.
tongue.gif
 They're currently in San Francisco, now, I was never good in geography, but aren't my GH-1 going the wrong way! I've always thought that San Francisco was on the west coast, (far from Montréal), and that New York was South of Montréal, (much closer). I was hoping for early next week, but at this rate, they might be in Tokyo by then!
rolleyes.gif

By the way, no pressure Joseph, but I trust your opinion very much, and depending on what your general impressions will be, by the time I get my GH-1, There's a possibility that I might decide, not open the box, and sell them. And just in case anyone was wondering, no, I did not plan this.

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #26,767 of 66,206
  I'm working 7-7 tomorrow...

Possibly Monday, but hopefully not. I can't think of any way to get them sooner.

By the way, no pressure Joseph, but I trust your opinion very much, and depending on what your general impressions will be, by the time I get my GH-1, There's a possibility that I might decide, not open the box, and sell them. And just in case anyone was wondering, no, I did not plan this.

Thank you, as I do yours (when your not on meds 
wink.gif
).
Seriously though, I'm liking what I hear so far with only about 7-8hrs of burn-in.

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #26,768 of 66,206
  I would have like to hear this system…anyone here own/owned/heard this system???

FreeSystems FG-1 (February 2002, cancelled product, ~17 full kits were made, MSRP 3,800 USD; the leftover headphones became Grado PS-1 and were dispatched in small batches by Grado and distributed simultaneously by FreeSystems in Germany and Todd The Vinyl Junkie in the U.S. between 2004 and 2006; 7 pairs were auctioned on eBay in 2008 by Grado Labs themselves and labelled [after John Grado's initials] “JAG 1,2,3...-7” on the back of their box; the JAG 7 had a special though deemed failed chrome finish)
  Came with a wireless infra-red (IF) digital audio receiver coupled RA-1 amplifier (battery powered) and the IF emitter.

Hmmm!, I realise that I'm strongly medicated, but aren't RA-1 made of magic wood, like the RS1?

That is a very nice rig though, and I think that calling it's finish, ''failed chrome'', makes it sound...well, failed!, I much prefer the term, ''satin finish'', don't you agree?

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #26,769 of 66,206

Thank you, as I do yours (when your not on meds 
wink.gif
).
Seriously though, I'm liking what I hear so far with only about 7-8hrs of burn-in.

Fair enough
wink.gif

Not only do I trust your opinion, ,but like me, you also own the PS1000, and we both have a RS1s, although not the same version.

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #26,770 of 66,206
Thank you for letting me know. The tan headband fooled me. By the way, do you know when the change from vintage to classic actually occured?

I don't recall when the change occurred but the very first RS-1's didn't have a serial number, those numbers came later. I bought mine right when they first hit the street in November 1995 and it didn't have any serial number.

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #26,771 of 66,206
@stacker
not sure, but i think it's around early 2000s
http://www.head-fi.org/a/rs1-version-guide

@joseph
ahhh walter white

@donlin
you must really regret it when you sold the best rs1.btw how about gh-1? do you still thinking about the oldest rs1?

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #26,772 of 66,206

Quote:
  Hmmm!, I realise that I'm strongly medicated, but aren't RA-1 made of magic wood, like the RS1?
That is a very nice rig though, and I think that calling it's finish, ''failed chrome'', makes it sound...well, failed!, I much prefer the term, ''satin finish'', don't you agree?

Definitely agree…or aluminum finish.

Fair enough
size]

Not only do I trust your opinion, ,but like me, you also own the PS1000, and we both have a RS1s, although not the same version.

beerchug.gif

I don't recall when the change occurred but the very first RS-1's didn't have a serial number, those numbers came later. I bought mine right when they first hit the street in November 1995 and it didn't have any serial number.

March 1996: Grado introduces their wooden RS1 headphone

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #26,773 of 66,206
@stacker

not sure, but i think it's around early 2000s
http://www.head-fi.org/a/rs1-version-guide

@joseph

ahhh walter white

@donlin

you must really regret it when you sold the best rs1.btw how about gh-1? do you still thinking about the oldest rs1?

I never really regretting selling them. I'm still loving the GH-1 though. They sound great on my Burson Soloist.

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #26,774 of 66,206
Definitely agree…or aluminum finish.

:beerchug:

March 1996: Grado introduces their wooden RS1 headphone

I know, I've seen that date on Grado's website but I got mine at Audio Consultants the day after Thanksgiving in 1995. I still have the receipt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back