Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 9, 2023 at 12:42 AM Post #53,371 of 62,229
Hi all,

Are the Soundcore Space A40s still relevant?

If not, for arround 100 bucks, with either LDAC or APTX adaptive, what ANC TWSs are?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2023 at 1:47 AM Post #53,372 of 62,229
The A40 are decent and in that price range well worth it. Good battery life and comfy. ANC is not show stopping but decent.

Signature wise they are more balanced than other Souncore products, so if you like more bass may be a bit disappointing.

Jun 9, 2023 at 2:05 AM Post #53,373 of 62,229
Hi all,

Are the Soundcore Space A40s still relevant?

If not, for arround 100 bucks, with either LDAC or APTX adaptive, what ANC TWSs are?

Thanks!

Oppo Enco X2 with LDAC, if you can get them at a good price. I got mine for around €115 last year.

(Please note that the largest stock tips are rather large-medium sized than really large)

Jun 9, 2023 at 3:46 AM Post #53,374 of 62,229
Oppo Enco X2 with LDAC, if you can get them at a good price. I got mine for around €115 last year.

(Please note that the largest stock tips are rather large-medium sized than really large)
I cant find them for less than 150€ to where I live.

The A40s I can buy for 77€. Are the Oppos worth double the price?

Thanks!

Jun 9, 2023 at 3:48 AM Post #53,375 of 62,229
The A40 are decent and in that price range well worth it. Good battery life and comfy. ANC is not show stopping but decent.

Signature wise they are more balanced than other Souncore products, so if you like more bass may be a bit disappointing.
I do prefer, by a lot, a more balanced sound.

I also cant stand harsh or fatiguing signatures.

Jun 9, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #53,377 of 62,229
I'm asking cause I'm off to Hawaii next week and wanted an excuse to get them, but looks like you won't be able to give impressions in time. :frowning2:
I fly Monday... I will take them with me

Jun 9, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #53,378 of 62,229
My replacement AZ60s are now starting to fail in exactly the same way my 1st pair did (one side is getting quieter and quieter) less than a year on. I did really like the customisation/sound and overall experience, but despite the new mk2 and AZ80s being released, I'm kind of apprehensive to go for Technics again. My Samsung Buds Live, although not my main TWS and not using them other than occasionally in bed, still sound fine, and I've had them even longer than my 1st AZ60s.

I'm not really sure where to go next though. Maybe I should give the TWS3 or Samsung Buds Pro 2 a try?

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2023 at 9:25 AM Post #53,379 of 62,229
My replacement AZ60s are now starting to fail in exactly the same way my 1st pair did (one side is getting quieter and quieter) less than a year on. I did really like the customisation/sound and overall experience, but despite the new mk2 and AZ80s being released, I'm kind of apprehensive to go for Technics again. My Samsung Buds Live, although not my main TWS and not using them other than occasionally in bed, still sound fine, and I've had them even longer than my 1st AZ60s.

I'm not really sure where to go next though. Maybe I should give the TWS3 or Samsung Buds Pro 2 a try?
The xm4 are much better than Samsung buds 2. AT twsx9 are also very good. Both are an improvement over the samsung

Jun 9, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #53,380 of 62,229

I had the same experience with AZ70.

Jun 9, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #53,381 of 62,229
I find it astonishing how many times more expensive products seem to fail more frequently.

Its also my experience with TWSs.

Maybe they use less "off the shelf" proven tech in favor of more specialized and less reliably one.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #53,382 of 62,229
They're good. It's the sound for me that isn't wonderful. I prefer my 3ANC and even my PI7 S2. But the Technics package is the best they've done so far IMO. Everything just works. Multipairing for work has been flawless for me. Calls, ANC all great. I can just hear a difference when I go from the AZ80 to the others. Multi-driver units really do make a difference to my ears. I'm thinking the new Sonys will be the same situation for me, not everyone.
Just can’t figure out the 3ANC. Everyone here is a fan but they sound off to me. Can’t put my finger on it.

On a very cool note, the good folks over at Bloom audio are sending me their review model Svanar so that I can have them on vacation as the brand new ones won’t be in before I leave. Very cool customer support. Impressed. Looking forward to them.

Jun 9, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #53,383 of 62,229
Just can’t figure out the 3ANC. Everyone here is a fan but they sound off to me. Can’t put my finger on it.

On a very cool note, the good folks over at Bloom audio are sending me their review model Svanar so that I can have them on vacation as the brand new ones won’t be in before I leave. Very cool customer support. Impressed. Looking forward to them.
Have you used any other hybrid TWS/IEM? I know some people struggle with the various drivers meshing correctly. Could that be what's bothering you?

Jun 9, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #53,384 of 62,229
Have you used any other hybrid TWS/IEM? I know some people struggle with the various drivers meshing correctly. Could that be what's bothering you?
That's probably the effect that I am observing. They are not smooth. The individual components of the bass and treble are superior to the AZ80 but putting them all together doesn't seem to work for me. You said it better than me and maybe I just need to adjust to that. Edit- after thinking it through, most of my IEMs have been signle-driver. I have owned a few cheapie multi-drivers but mostly just to mess around with. So yeah, everything I've owned has been a single driver.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #53,385 of 62,229

Must be nice. Still waiting for mine to be shipped out 😭

Users who are viewing this thread

Back