Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 9, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #53,387 of 62,521
That's probably the effect that I am observing. They are not smooth. The individual components of the bass and treble are superior to the AZ80 but putting them all together doesn't seem to work for me. You said it better than me and maybe I just need to adjust to that. Edit- after thinking it through, most of my IEMs have been signle-driver. I have owned a few cheapie multi-drivers but mostly just to mess around with. So yeah, everything I've owned has been a single driver.
I dunno, maybe my hearing loss is causing an illusion. I do still like them better than the AZ80 for sound. I'm also having a weird issue with the AZs when using multi pairing. If I'm say, watching something on my computer but mp is connected to my phone as well, they skip a beat every so often. Turned off mp and no issues.

Jun 9, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #53,389 of 62,521
Jun 9, 2023 at 7:47 PM Post #53,390 of 62,521
Jun 9, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #53,391 of 62,521
I dunno, maybe my hearing loss is causing an illusion. I do still like them better than the AZ80 for sound. I'm also having a weird issue with the AZs when using multi pairing. If I'm say, watching something on my computer but mp is connected to my phone as well, they skip a beat every so often. Turned off mp and no issues.
Mine did this cool trick today where I answered a call and the music kept playing while the call was ongoing. The other person couldn't hear the music. What kind of party trick is that?

Jun 9, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #53,392 of 62,521
Mine did this cool trick today where I answered a call and the music kept playing while the call was ongoing. The other person couldn't hear the music. What kind of party trick is that?
Yeah, that is strange. Haunted. Maybe exchange? I haven't had anything like that happen. I know there was a firmware update a few days ago. Did you get that?

Jun 9, 2023 at 8:32 PM Post #53,393 of 62,521
Jun 9, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #53,394 of 62,521
Would an audio transmitter like the Nura one solve Bluetooth cutout issues?

Got a NTP to work and I think I prefer the sound over the Fokus Pro. But the cutouts are crazy.

And what transmitter would be the smallest and best for running (don't want to knock it out mid run)

Jun 9, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #53,395 of 62,521
Would an audio transmitter like the Nura one solve Bluetooth cutout issues?

Got a NTP to work and I think I prefer the sound over the Fokus Pro. But the cutouts are crazy.

And what transmitter would be the smallest and best for running (don't want to knock it out mid run)
NTP is a really good product. I started having fit issues with mine. The sound is excellent and I could totally see preferring them to the Noble. That said worse customer support ever. Hope denon does something special.

Jun 10, 2023 at 1:11 AM Post #53,396 of 62,521
... If not, for arround 100 bucks, with either LDAC or APTX adaptive, what ANC TWSs are? ...
I would suggest checking out SoundPeats. The different models tend to slight different sound/tone; some are bassier, better separation, and so forth. For cheap TWS, they have a decent sound. I like them because they can be really cheap, so you don't care much if stolen or broken. Since the batteries cannot be replaced in these TWS catagory, I'm not into spending much money. SoundPeats don't have a good mobile app; it's functional. The ANC works, but it's nothing like Sony's stuff.

Jun 10, 2023 at 3:27 AM Post #53,397 of 62,521
That's probably the effect that I am observing. They are not smooth. The individual components of the bass and treble are superior to the AZ80 but putting them all together doesn't seem to work for me. You said it better than me and maybe I just need to adjust to that. Edit- after thinking it through, most of my IEMs have been signle-driver. I have owned a few cheapie multi-drivers but mostly just to mess around with. So yeah, everything I've owned has been a single driver.
got the exact experience with multi driver units. bizarre, uneven. in separation the frequency response bands are great but overall they somehow do not lineup nicely. drivers crossover regions perhaps?

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2023 at 4:03 AM Post #53,398 of 62,521

got the exact experience with multi driver units. bizarre, uneven. in separation the frequency response bands are great but overall they somehow do not lineup nicely. drivers crossover regions perhaps?

Same here. Could be frequency response unevenness or timing issues. DDs and BAs have different transient characteristics and I've never heard a DD / BA hybrid that sounded totally coherent to my ears. On the other hand, I feel that coaxial DD / planar hybrids like the Oppo Enco X2 and Huawei Freebuds Pro2 sound fine.

Jun 10, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #53,399 of 62,521
Jun 10, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #53,400 of 62,521
Same here. Could be frequency response unevenness or timing issues. DDs and BAs have different transient characteristics and I've never heard a DD / BA hybrid that sounded totally coherent to my ears. On the other hand, I feel that coaxial DD / planar hybrids like the Oppo Enco X2 and Huawei Freebuds Pro2 sound fine.
Glad I’m not completely deaf and/or insane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back