Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 8, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #53,356 of 62,514
Jun 8, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #53,357 of 62,514
AZ80 are underwhelming??? :frowning2:
They're good. It's the sound for me that isn't wonderful. I prefer my 3ANC and even my PI7 S2. But the Technics package is the best they've done so far IMO. Everything just works. Multipairing for work has been flawless for me. Calls, ANC all great. I can just hear a difference when I go from the AZ80 to the others. Multi-driver units really do make a difference to my ears. I'm thinking the new Sonys will be the same situation for me, not everyone.

Jun 8, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #53,358 of 62,514
I predict he will sell them by 4th of July. :yum:
Well, you know me well, I've already thought about it. But they didn't charge me for them yet.

Jun 8, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #53,359 of 62,514
Hmm never thought about sleeping, the XM5 might be the best all rounder if they also work for that...

The AZ80 are delayed at Bay Bloor, as they are at the mercy of Technics which seem to be same delay everyone is having.

Jun 8, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #53,360 of 62,514
He filled my request (16bit option).

Alternative A2DP Driver Preview Release​

IMPORTANT NOTE​

• The preview version requires a paid license. You cannot use the preview version in trial mode.
  • The preview version is not for everyone. If you want a stable version, please use the official release version.
  • If you encounter a problem with the preview release, please return to this page and check for a newer release with the fix before submitting a bug report.
  • You are allowed to make one copy of the software for your personal use. (See the license agreement for more information.) But you are not allowed to distribute this software without written permission.

Release Note (Version 1.2.0.5)​

Key changes since the last official release (version 1.2.0):​

• Added 16-bit format support for LDAC and aptX HD CODEC.
  • Added "Hide options not compatible with Unified Audio Endpoint" switch to allow Windows 11 users to easily take advantage of the Unified Audio Endpoint feature.
  • See the FAQ for more information on this feature.
Download Preview Build

2023-06-08 (1).png

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2023 at 6:12 PM Post #53,361 of 62,514
Go pods are definitely an improved utws5. Form factor is tighter; they have more power, a wider stage and more detail. I'd be curious how they compare to the go blu. They don't sound as good as my m6u, but that's a $1000 dap, so not a fair comparison. They do sound better than az80 and xm5.

Jun 8, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #53,362 of 62,514
Still loving my buds 2 pro.
With Samsung SSC and Dolby Atmos and their Hear ID, I have a full detailed sound with very good bass and sub bass and great clarity and highs.

I watched a tv show last night and put on 360 audio for it but not head tracking and was pleasantly surprised and how wide the sound stage was giving it a more home theater type of sound.

ANC works pretty good. Some high pitched sounds come through when no music playing but I think that is due to the air vents so no ear pressure build up.
I like having full control on buds as well.

For me I see no reason for exploring the AZ80 having owned the AZ60 as I don't think they add anything from what I am hearing here.

I really feel we have been getting stringed along by manufacturers as there have been minimal things imoroved with each iteration.

We are all waiting for that device that is multi driver multipairing. Using a lossless codec with amazing ANC and long battery life in a small comfortable package with wireless charging as a bonus.

Kind of feel many buds have hit 80% of these but the lossless quality is dragging in.

My Samsung hit enough of these for me with added bonus that they are the best I have tried to use at night in bed should I fall asleep with them in (comfort wise).
I think the biggest problem in terms of sound quality that tws have is not bluetooth, but the whole concept.

tws are becoming smaller for better comfort and fit. hardly any size in body for tuning since a board and battery also need to be housed. Take that away and the earpiece gets more room for resonance body enhancements or sound pipes.

what I personally really would like to see is a 2-4 ba tws with no venting holes (not needed for ba) for better isolation. add then anc and you get the ultimate passive active noice cancelar xD

Jun 8, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #53,363 of 62,514
They're good. It's the sound for me that isn't wonderful. I prefer my 3ANC and even my PI7 S2. But the Technics package is the best they've done so far IMO. Everything just works. Multipairing for work has been flawless for me. Calls, ANC all great. I can just hear a difference when I go from the AZ80 to the others. Multi-driver units really do make a difference to my ears. I'm thinking the new Sonys will be the same situation for me, not everyone.
Is the anc on your status acceptable for plane noise?

Jun 8, 2023 at 6:53 PM Post #53,364 of 62,514
Is the anc on your status acceptable for plane noise?
Great question. I'm going to test them out on a plane in a week. They do a great job here at home with everything and TV noice, not the top tier ANC but solid.

Jun 8, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #53,365 of 62,514
Great question. I'm going to test them out on a plane in a week. They do a great job here at home with everything and TV noice, not the top tier ANC but solid.
I'm asking cause I'm off to Hawaii next week and wanted an excuse to get them, but looks like you won't be able to give impressions in time. :frowning2:

Jun 8, 2023 at 7:00 PM Post #53,366 of 62,514
Go pods are definitely an improved utws5. Form factor is tighter; they have more power, a wider stage and more detail. I'd be curious how they compare to the go blu. They don't sound as good as my m6u, but that's a $1000 dap, so not a fair comparison. They do sound better than az80 and xm5.
Very curious about these. Might pick them up. Got an email from Audio46 that they'll be in stock soon and I have some credit there. I love my Fostex TM2C adapters. Very similar to the iFi in that they're modular etc. You can pick them up for half the price now, but the 2-pin adapter arm is hard to find. I tried to pick up a second pair! Are the Go Pods worth that hefty price?

Jun 8, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #53,367 of 62,514
I'm asking cause I'm off to Hawaii next week and wanted an excuse to get them, but looks like you won't be able to give impressions in time. :frowning2:
That's awesome, I'd rather be going in your direction and not NYC next week. I mean, get them off Amazon, try them and if you don't like, you know the drill.

Jun 8, 2023 at 7:39 PM Post #53,368 of 62,514
Quick question if anyone can help.

Been out of the loop for years and my teenager wants to go purchase used Airpod Pro for 150$cad (about 110USD).

Is that a decent price/iem?

Jun 8, 2023 at 7:57 PM Post #53,369 of 62,514
Very curious about these. Might pick them up. Got an email from Audio46 that they'll be in stock soon and I have some credit there. I love my Fostex TM2C adapters. Very similar to the iFi in that they're modular etc. You can pick them up for half the price now, but the 2-pin adapter arm is hard to find. I tried to pick up a second pair! Are the Go Pods worth that hefty price?
I've tried the shure, utws5, but not the fostex. From other reading, semes the fiio best the others, and the beat the fiio. They're super good. They don't sound like the ibasso dx320 but for what they ste, they are solid. I'm definitely keeping them.

Jun 8, 2023 at 9:26 PM Post #53,370 of 62,514
Quick question if anyone can help.

Been out of the loop for years and my teenager wants to go purchase used Airpod Pro for 150$cad (about 110USD).

Is that a decent price/iem?
first or second gen? I wouldn't pay that for the first gen but would for the second gen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back