Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 26, 2023 at 7:47 PM Post #51,872 of 62,746
We should actually Sign a Petition with as many people as possible against this Malpractice and Corruption of removing Headphone Jack and forcing users to buy Mediocre yet expensive Bluetooth Earbuds which are useless actually.
I was also reading some Regulatory requirements. Especially related with some common practice, services, product etc. It clearly says that if one company launch some business or do some specific changes in the product and then gang-up with others and they all decide to do the same, it's clearly crony capitalism and mal-practice. Here, all these phone companies ganged-up and they all decided to remove headphone jack. How it is possible that each of them decided the same thing or same changes? I am sure that the organisations who should actually take this into observation, they might have got big money from these companies and did not raise any objection. What a shame and what a corrupt people.

I cannot believe that it is practically possible that all manufactures decided to remove the headphone jack and not a single company is having different view or stand.

Here is the petition: https://www.change.org/p/samsung-the-3-5-mm-headphone-jack-in-smartphones-must-be-brought-back

Let's make it popular and get it signed by millions.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #51,873 of 62,746
Second time this week my sarcasm hasn’t come through via my posts. I’m 48, married with kids and regularly wear a mask indoors. These earbuds are the least of my appearance problems. They probably improve it if anything.
Somehow I am now really wondering "What kind of mask" ... and my mental image is stuck at Michael Myers ... :D

Mar 27, 2023 at 4:03 AM Post #51,875 of 62,746
My iPhone 14 Pro Max can never beat my Sony A7IV with a G Master lens :) I will say, I've been using my the Oppo Find N2 Flip for the last week and it's not too shabby. Even have iMessages coming to it with AirMessage. Also still obsessed with the Oppo Enco X2s with all my gear. Finally found a tip I like and they really do sound great. Not disappointed.

Hi. How do the OEX2 compare to the APP2 in the sound quality department? Thx.

Mar 27, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #51,876 of 62,746
Has anyone noticed a hiss while using the pass-through mic on the ZE8000? (normal ANC has no hiss) I've updated the device from the final app, so firmware is up to date, but the hiss is really off putting.

Side note, even without the hiss, I feel like I would end up returning the 8000 in favour of the 3000. The 3000 just fit better in my ear than thr 8000, as the latter wont seal no matter what nozzle size I use...

The ZE3000 really hit above their price class, I find it hard to let them go

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #51,877 of 62,746
What's up fellas! Boy it's been a hot minute since I've been back with this bunch. It's still one of the best feeds out there. Anyways, I have a couple Soundpeats tws reviews up at the website and figured I'd throw em up here. The Soundpeats Air3 Deluxe HS and the Soundpeats Capsule 3 Pro. I have a few more incoming but these sets aren't too bad for the price. Hope you all are doing well.

Mar 27, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #51,878 of 62,746
A lot but recent one are B&O EQ/EX, Sennheiser MTW 3, NuraTrue Pro, ATH-TWX9, B&W Pi7 (v1), Bose QC NCii, APP2
I've waited a couple of weeks to make sure I wasn't just in honeymoon phase but I'm pretty comfortable to say that the B&W PI7 S2 are by far the best sounding TWS buds I've heard. ANC isn't as good as others, but when it comes to sound they are simply superb. It’s a shame they fall down on other features but if you’re just after the best wireless buds for sound, these as surely it at the moment.
Could you comment on how the B&W Pi7 S2, Nuratrue Pro, and Noble FoKus Mystique compare with one another?
Also, does the Pi7 S2 get pretty loud in volume?
Thank you!

Mar 27, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #51,879 of 62,746
I thought I was done after nuratrue pro, noble fokus pro and mystique, and a slew of earlier buds, but...fiio fw5 is phenomenal.
May I ask how the max volume on the mystique compares to the FiiO FW5?
I have the FW5 and it doesn’t get loud enough for me.

Mar 27, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #51,880 of 62,746
You must be deaf, are you sure you set the volume to 100% on the device first as FiiO (same for my Neckband) does not control that as it is hardware volume so only adjusts the actual earbuds internal volume?

Use the FiiO App and take a look at the 3 Volume sliders.

I have had plenty of earbuds that are not overly loud but the good ones I use at 74-80% on Android (that is the Vol steps) and 100% is loud but not blow your ears off on most earbuds I have had but the FW5's are crazy loud.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #51,881 of 62,746
Hi. How do the OEX2 compare to the APP2 in the sound quality department? Thx.
I'd say the Oppo have more of a full sound. Wider stage, san Spatial Audio, which is on the APP2. If your home has a lot of Apple ecosystem items, then maybe get the APP2. If not, Oppo. If you want deeper bass and perhaps and even wider stage, the Oneplus Buds 2 seemingly edge out the Oppo.

Mar 27, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #51,882 of 62,746
Sticking with my APP2 and Senn MTW2 until Sony XM5 releases..
Honestly two two choices are perfect and pretty much get to you 97% off the top tier in any aspect of tws sound. The APP2 give you absolutely top tier ANC and unrivaled transparency. I still listen to my MTW2's regularly. The respond well to EQ and sound fantastic.

Mar 27, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #51,883 of 62,746
you can also just adapt your ie80 to something like the fiio utws3 and have good sound quality with bluetooth. The only downside is that the case is a little big and a few people might think you are wearing hearing aids haha.

If you need a new TW recommendation I'd take a look at the jabra elite 7 for an overall experience, or something like the akg n400 for pure sound quality.

Mar 27, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #51,884 of 62,746
May I ask how the max volume on the mystique compares to the FiiO FW5?
I have the FW5 and it doesn’t get loud enough for me.
There is simply no way that they don't get loud enough for you lol. :)

Have you turned volume up in the app? This is the only possible way this could happen.

Mar 27, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #51,885 of 62,746
You must be deaf, are you sure you set the volume to 100% on the device first as FiiO (same for my Neckband) does not control that as it is hardware volume so only adjusts the actual earbuds internal volume?

Use the FiiO App and take a look at the 3 Volume sliders.

I have had plenty of earbuds that are not overly loud but the good ones I use at 74-80% on Android (that is the Vol steps) and 100% is loud but not blow your ears off on most earbuds I have had but the FW5's are crazy loud.
Sorry, I forgot about the issue with the FiiO app. I have an iPhone 12 and I can’t get the app to work on it.
It’s been awhile so I forgot to mention it.
Actually, forgot about the app thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back