Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 25, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #51,841 of 62,449
I am also listening to progressive metal/rock with Huawei Freebuds Pro 2 and wondering if moving to Oppo Enco X2, Vivo TWS 3 pro or Oneplus Buds pro 2, Xiaomi buds 4 pro would be better. Mind if you can compare the three you mentioned? While I find the freebuds pro 2 sound very good for a TWS for the genre and ANC working good, the transparence mode is one of the worst ive used (compared to neobuds pro and sony).
Huawei FP2 would be my recommendation

Mar 25, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #51,842 of 62,449
I am also listening to progressive metal/rock with Huawei Freebuds Pro 2 and wondering if moving to Oppo Enco X2, Vivo TWS 3 pro or Oneplus Buds pro 2, Xiaomi buds 4 pro would be better. Mind if you can compare the three you mentioned? While I find the freebuds pro 2 sound very good for a TWS for the genre and ANC working good, the transparence mode is one of the worst ive used (compared to neobuds pro and sony).
I don't have the HFP2s anymore, but as far as the Oppo and the Oneplus, I'm getting a better seal with the OBP2 and they're easer to trigger with squeezes. I had to change the tips on the Oppo buds to some aftermarket Final TWS tips. Oneplus buds work great with the stock tips. As far as transparency, it's not stellar on either, but not awful. Nothing compared to my APP2. If you need great ANC/Transparency, get the AirPods Pro 2. I think I prefer the full bass/sub-bass on the Oneplus. Oppo Enco 2 are no slouch and they have volume controls whereas the Oneplus do not. The case is so much nice for the Oneplus too, I love the matte black finish. Both have Qi charging and phone calls work great. No complaints from anyone yet. I wonder if I should re-purchase the Freebuds Pro 2 again...

Mar 25, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #51,843 of 62,449
Just came back from 2 weeks of travel with GBP2 , Huawei FP2 and B&O EX. Using the ZX 8000 during Saturday morning was so revealing the sound is in a differ level. It feels like I have wired IEM. Impressive difference. Don't get me wrong using the GBP2 for calls , movies,etc with my S23 Ultra is flawless, just to listen music, no comparison.
How are you EQing them? I tried the Audio46 settings but don’t love it.

Mar 25, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #51,844 of 62,449

Screenshot_20230325_113654_final connect.jpg

Mar 25, 2023 at 6:01 PM Post #51,849 of 62,449
Just came back from 2 weeks of travel with GBP2 , Huawei FP2 and B&O EX. Using the ZX 8000 during Saturday morning was so revealing the sound is in a differ level. It feels like I have wired IEM. Impressive difference. Don't get me wrong using the GBP2 for calls , movies,etc with my S23 Ultra is flawless, just to listen music, no comparison.
Got mine today and that's exactly the impression i had. Makes the rule of thumb that wireless is always inferior in sq to a decent wired IEM pretty much obsolete.

Mar 25, 2023 at 7:31 PM Post #51,851 of 62,449
Put a solid pair of Technics AZ60 for sale at a nice price!

Mar 25, 2023 at 7:31 PM Post #51,852 of 62,449
Got mine today and that's exactly the impression i had. Makes the rule of thumb that wireless is always inferior in sq to a decent wired IEM pretty much obsolete.
Sleeper hit me thinks. @erockg time to pony up. Don’t worry you won’t look funny.

Mar 25, 2023 at 7:56 PM Post #51,853 of 62,449

Users who are viewing this thread

Back