Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 24, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #51,826 of 62,441
Does anybody have Unique Melody’s new TWS, the U-Free, yet?
If so, any impressions?
Thank you!

Mar 24, 2023 at 9:18 PM Post #51,829 of 62,441
Grabbed a pair of the OnePlus Buds Pro 2 F 4 Point 6 2 my God what's with the naming conventions these days. That said, holy Bass, Batman. These things are super comfy and sound surprisingly good. No volume controls, booooo. Did I say the bass was great? If you listen to metal, try these. The Oppo Enco X2, Huawei Freebuds Pro 2 and these are so similar, I really want to know the story here. All three with different fit/sound signatures. All use the HeyMelody app on an iPhone or integrated into Android. Fun stuff.

Attachments

• 24F4A539-3092-456E-93B5-3108B4E646FC.jpeg
    24F4A539-3092-456E-93B5-3108B4E646FC.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Mar 24, 2023 at 10:08 PM Post #51,830 of 62,441
Grabbed a pair of the OnePlus Buds Pro 2 F 4 Point 6 2 my God what's with the naming conventions these days. That said, holy Bass, Batman. These things are super comfy and sound surprisingly good. No volume controls, booooo. Did I say the bass was great? If you listen to metal, try these. The Oppo Enco X2, Huawei Freebuds Pro 2 and these are so similar, I really want to know the story here. All three with different fit/sound signatures. All use the HeyMelody app on an iPhone or integrated into Android. Fun stuff.
I have a pair in black headed my way - interested to hear if the mids are overly recessed or altered. I have a suspicion that the bassiness will work for me (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)and my preferred tonality and music. Was struggling to find a place to buy the enco x2 that shipped to me.

Mar 24, 2023 at 10:14 PM Post #51,831 of 62,441
I have a pair in black headed my way - interested to hear if the mids are overly recessed or altered. I have a suspicion that the bassiness will work for me (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)and my preferred tonality and music. Was struggling to find a place to buy the enco x2 that shipped to me.
I've been listening to Rival Sons, some In Flames and some movie scores today as well as watching some Netflix and have been pleasantly surprised.

Mar 24, 2023 at 10:33 PM Post #51,832 of 62,441
Mar 24, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #51,833 of 62,441
U-Free might be another UM TWS flop. Pretty much everything has a better low end than these. About as 2D as it gets. Feels like I paid full price for a prototype.

Kind of defeats the purpose of having a BC piezoelectric for the highs if you aren't going to tune the bass to begin with. Literally even the earfun free pro 2 outperform these ( so far)

Mids and highs are awesome tho
May I ask, is the bass super weak?
How’s the max volume on these?
A lot of TWS don’t get loud enough for me.
Thank you!

Mar 25, 2023 at 2:49 AM Post #51,834 of 62,441
Did you ever have the NTP? Can't quite recall - if so, how do they compare?

Mar 25, 2023 at 3:13 AM Post #51,835 of 62,441
I highly doubt the Opera will fit the H1 case as they are more shaped like the Mini series of earbuds and going by reviews an even worse fit for (will depend on your ears obv).
I would not be surprised if they do not fit. It's more a hope than any kind of expectations. It won't hurt to see since I have access to it.

The fit is always a wierd thing with IEMs. I tend to find how much wax or sweat is in my ears if a major factor on well they stay in my ear.

Mar 25, 2023 at 3:21 AM Post #51,836 of 62,441
Thank you!
Thank you!
I don't want to trash them anymore, some users might like them and id be interested in more impressions. Check the previous post as that's pretty much all there is to say.

That being said I never have fit issues with iems or tws so it wasn't a fit issue, it was just a disappointment in quality and the low end. The bone conductor piezo did work really well and some tips could make the bass better (couldn't close the lid with those tips though).

As for volume I'm not sure which tws don't go loud enough for you. Other than the ZE8000 every pair I own is plenty loud for me. These also were loud enough, I was running them loud for me and wasn't maxed out on volume at all.

Thanks for the link!
Good thing I didn’t preorder it blindly.
Since it’s out of stock at Music Teck and on their website, I was more obsessed with it 😄

This is what I did haha. Got a little obsessive and went to be the first 🥇. Sent them back pretty quick.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #51,837 of 62,441
I am also listening to progressive metal/rock with Huawei Freebuds Pro 2 and wondering if moving to Oppo Enco X2, Vivo TWS 3 pro or Oneplus Buds pro 2, Xiaomi buds 4 pro would be better. Mind if you can compare the three you mentioned? While I find the freebuds pro 2 sound very good for a TWS for the genre and ANC working good, the transparence mode is one of the worst ive used (compared to neobuds pro and sony).

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #51,838 of 62,441
I don't want to trash them anymore, some users might like them and id be interested in more impressions. Check the previous post as that's pretty much all there is to say.

That being said I never have fit issues with iems or tws so it wasn't a fit issue, it was just a disappointment in quality and the low end. The bone conductor piezo did work really well and some tips could make the bass better (couldn't close the lid with those tips though).

As for volume I'm not sure which tws don't go loud enough for you. Other than the ZE8000 every pair I own is plenty loud for me. These also were loud enough, I was running them loud for me and wasn't maxed out on volume at all.

This is what I did haha. Got a little obsessive and went to be the first 🥇. Sent them back pretty quick.
Thanks so much! I think I’ll give them
a pass 🙂

Mar 25, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #51,839 of 62,441
TWS with high price tag will always be avoided by myself.

With the constantly advances in wireless codec and battery technology, throwing big money on something that is outdated the moment it's on sale is kinda rough.

That being said, the Final ZE8000 pretty much replaced my wired IEMs at the office, and it's the first TWS that made me want to listen to music properly on it!

In my opinon, it's not just a great sounding TWS at 300ish GBP but actually a great sounding IEM at 300ish GBP, wireless or not.

Compared to a mainstream TWS, the ANC is pretty weak outside (but best I heard in a quieter location), battery life sucks, charging case is massive... As long as you can get over that, it's great sound quality focused indoor TWS first but can still deal with the outside.
Just came back from 2 weeks of travel with GBP2 , Huawei FP2 and B&O EX. Using the ZX 8000 during Saturday morning was so revealing the sound is in a differ level. It feels like I have wired IEM. Impressive difference. Don't get me wrong using the GBP2 for calls , movies,etc with my S23 Ultra is flawless, just to listen music, no comparison.

Mar 25, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #51,840 of 62,441
Did you ever have the NTP? Can't quite recall - if so, how do they compare?
Nuratrue Pro? Yes. They're excellent. I wound up selling mine because of fit issues. They hurt my ears no matter what I tried. But for almost half the cost, it's hard to compare them to the other three. The sub-bass on the NTP is insanely good imo. That said, the others are so much cheaper, you can almost get two for the price of the NTP. Fit is way better for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back