Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 24, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #51,812 of 62,140
... My question is: my IPhone XR has 4.0 (I believe) and these TWS are 5.2. Am I going to experience very drastic sound degradation, balancing issues, etc.? ...
Not dumb to ask. It's more dumb not to ask help with your ignorance. You will be able to use headphones that are BT5.2 with your phone that BT4.0. It's not so much the sound will degrade. You're not going to have access to high resolution sound codecs such as AptX (HD, Lossess) and so forth. That said, it's BT so that's a limiting factor to begin with. And if you're using a steaming service, chances are, you're not getting FLAC file playback. Unless you're regularly listening the CDs or FLAC (or similar) with "audiophile" gear, the sound difference will not be much.

In the scenario you're given, I think you'll have a good experience. You'll not going to be the better codecs. May not be able to advantage or some of the features of headphones. I almost want to say to try out some good "cheap" TWS. SoundPeats makes some good cheap headphones. They don't have all extra features of the top their headphones. The do have a good sound, and decent battery life. Since some are as cheap as $25US, you're not going to be very upset if they get lost/stolen or damaged. It'll allow you to figure out what you want or need in your TWS cans.

Mar 24, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #51,813 of 62,140
Soundpeats Opera05 1DD+2BA. I think we are there wirelessy. This sounds better than some of the wired sets i own or heard.
20230323_205704.jpg
I got the email shipping notification today. I look forward to trying Opera5 out. I've been using SoundPeats for years. I like their supercheap models. Great for the gym. I also have used the Trueengine 3 and H1s. I like the H1s over the TE3. I hoping the Opera will lean more towards the H1s in bass response. I was slightly disappointed the case does not have wireless charging; I don't use it often. It is useful to have. I'm going to see if the Operas fit in the H1 case which does have it.

Mar 24, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #51,815 of 62,140
TWS with high price tag will always be avoided by myself.

With the constantly advances in wireless codec and battery technology, throwing big money on something that is outdated the moment it's on sale is kinda rough.

That being said, the Final ZE8000 pretty much replaced my wired IEMs at the office, and it's the first TWS that made me want to listen to music properly on it!

In my opinon, it's not just a great sounding TWS at 300ish GBP but actually a great sounding IEM at 300ish GBP, wireless or not.

Compared to a mainstream TWS, the ANC is pretty weak outside (but best I heard in a quieter location), battery life sucks, charging case is massive... As long as you can get over that, it's great sound quality focused indoor TWS first but can still deal with the outside.

Mar 24, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #51,816 of 62,140
TWS with high price tag will always be avoided by myself.

With the constantly advances in wireless codec and battery technology, throwing big money on something that is outdated the moment it's on sale is kinda rough.

That being said, the Final ZE8000 pretty much replaced my wired IEMs at the office, and it's the first TWS that made me want to listen to music properly on it!

In my opinon, it's not just a great sounding TWS at 300ish GBP but actually a great sounding IEM at 300ish GBP, wireless or not.

Compared to a mainstream TWS, the ANC is pretty weak outside (but best I heard in a quieter location), battery life sucks, charging case is massive... As long as you can get over that, it's great sound quality focused indoor TWS first but can still deal with the outside.
I just reacquired the ZE8000 from a member here and sold off the Mystique. I think the Mystique are more exciting sounding but the ZE are no slouches. They couldn't be more different: loud and punchy versus lush and spacious. I probably prefer the exciting but I couldn't find a comfortable fit and the ZE have that in spades. It's a trade off worth making as the ZE are really comfortable to wear.

Mar 24, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #51,817 of 62,140
I just reacquired the ZE8000 from a member here and sold off the Mystique. I think the Mystique are more exciting sounding but the ZE are no slouches. They couldn't be more different: loud and punchy versus lush and spacious. I probably prefer the exciting but I couldn't find a comfortable fit and the ZE have that in spades. It's a trade off worth making as the ZE are really comfortable to wear.
So the mystique is sold out? Damn

Mar 24, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #51,820 of 62,140
Now we are doing brass inserts :)
57754_720.jpg

COREIR_BRASS.jpg

Mar 24, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #51,822 of 62,140
Now we are doing brass inserts :)
57754_720.jpg

COREIR_BRASS.jpg
Finally.

Its always seemed weird that you can get high end everything except for tips.

Mar 24, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #51,823 of 62,140
Mar 24, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #51,824 of 62,140
I used to do that. I had the small brass compression fittings....
1679683139806.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back